Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Raku posted:

Considering the NCAA specifically went hard on USC for hiring someone out of Pete Carroll's coaching tree, keeping Briles' staff seems like a really bad idea.

Well especially since the Finding of Facts was pretty explicit that multiple coaches were involved in this. The buck stops at the head coach but that doesn't mean you can keep his lovely assistants after firing him.

Some Baylor fans are convinced this means that Art Briles is really just being suspended for a year and will come back with a vengeance and his whole staff in 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

b0ng posted:

I was under the impression he did a pretty good job being the first guy after Paterno who went to the NFL first opportunity.

He did, and the Paterno crew still made his life hell:

quote:

“You can print this: You can print that I don’t really give a [expletive] what the ‘Paterno people’ think about what I do with this program. I’ve done everything I can to show respect to Coach Paterno. Everything in my power. So I could really care less about what the Paterno faction of people, or whatever you call them, think about what I do with the program. I’m tired of it.

“For any ‘Paterno person’ to have any objection to what I’m doing, it makes me wanna put my fist through this windshield right now.”

“That’s why, in probably about a month, they’re gonna be [expletive] looking for a new coach.”

this came in response to his dismissing one of the last assistants who had served under Paterno

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I suppose it's theoretically possible they could just keep you on at your salary if you were willing to try to pick up the pieces after the death penalty expired. The thing is, though, I have a hard time imagining a scenario in which a football program gets the death penalty without the head coach getting show-caused.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Maybe that's true but one of those 7 really, really needs to come from Auburn, LSU or Bama for him to stay I think

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
"Sources" tell ESPN Charlie is gonna last the year and maybe be back

quote:

This year's Oklahoma game is critical for Strong, but his future does not depend on the outcome, the source said. If the Longhorns continue to struggle, though, the most likely scenario is that the defensive staff would be sacrificed for Strong to return in 2017, the source said.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LLCoolJD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUx7t-VOKEs

I have no dog in the fight, but I still remember this weird penalty on the final drive. It's the least mileage I've ever seen a defender get out of leading with his helmet.

It was an absolute complete bullshit call

Texas can claim eternal scoreboard all they want but we know they've been ducking us like bitches; we'd have murdered those terminal stage Mack Brown teams without even trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

big money big clit posted:

The team that last beat you was a terminal stage Mack Brown team.

Hmm its almost like Johnny Manziel made a difference or something

• Locked thread