Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

vyst posted:

It also didn't happen anywhere near as badly as it was reported. Also the event pretty much ruined the kid's life heh

Source: I know the family and the kid that got hit and his mom was my Science teacher.

I am going to say there's prolly a little Stockholm Syndrome here, tbh. Everything I've ever heard about him points to him being a complete rear end in a top hat who thinks its okay to put hands on players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

vyst posted:

I feel bad for the kid. His dad was a huge rear end in a top hat and was upset with his lack of playing time and he was the real catalyst for blowing this all up into something larger than it was.

I am pretty sure that it was more than just an incident, given that the administration didn't have a hate boner for him and infact he'd built the dang program.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

General Dog posted:

I don't really know anything about the Leavitt thing, but all of those criteria apply to Mike Leach at Tech, who is almost universally recognized as having gotten A Raw Deal.

Leach wasn't well liked by administration and didn't build the program.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Scionix posted:

Charlie Strong Is Not A Very Good Football Coach.

He did pretty damned well at Louisville.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

New Jersey is like the arm pit of America and going to school at WVU with roughly 4k Rutgers rejects has made me loving hate the state with a burning passion. Moving to the Big Ten was prolly a good move for all the money, but Rutgers pretty much doomed themselves to never being able to win more than 7/8 games ever.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

monkeyspank posted:

There are shitholes everywhere. You only think NJ is uniquely lovely if you've never traveled anywhere.

I've traveled a lot, including most states. It's status as an entire state of bedroom community for both Philly and NYC with some lovely beaches that require you to take ladders down to them is fairly unique.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

So nothing changed?

If they were in the AAC or ACC they could prolly win 9-10 games every so often.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Korranus posted:

They went 6-6 the one year they slummed it in the AAC, didn't see anything that said they'd be better.

Their record in the better Big East begs to differ. I think the 6-6 record that year speaks more about Kyle Flood being terrible than it does anything else. They were solidly 8-10 win team in the twilight of the Big East, which they could and should have had better records based on talent.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

I decided to just post the shutouts but the Illinois and Maryland scores might actually be funnier than all of those except MSU

Rutgers lost 80-7 to WVU once when we were 3-8 and lost to loving Temple.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

You lost 80-7 to a 3-8 that lost to loving Temple and started Brad Lewis, a slow, white qb in Rich Rod's first year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

The Coke contract comes with a coke commerical on the big screen every halftime that is inexplicably 100% louder and clearer sounding than anything else played over the speakers on gameday. It was super jarring and made me jump every single time.

Fun fact about WVU's Coke Contract: apparently they got real pissy about pictures of Dana drinking red bull

• Locked thread