Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Who's the anti-Charlie Strong?

Mike Leach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jesus Christ gently caress off LSU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Silly Burrito posted:

Officially or more back channel negotiations?

Some say he was offered 8 million

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Silly Burrito posted:

Crazy if true.

I know the whole "football is self funded" argument, but it would be nice if the boosters put the same amount of money into the school itself as they do the football program.

Silly talk, I know.

I kinda doubt it fwiw

Les and co have pretty big buyouts

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst posted:

Florida State isn't an A list job though, it's B+ at best

Eh It's A-.

It's not an A+ job.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

General Dog posted:

LSU has to save face, they can't fire someone who's had a tenure as successful as Miles and then end up standing with their dick in their hand. If all they end up with after all this theater is like, Larry Fedora, they're going to look like a bunch of goddam retards.

Their AD is also trying to save his own job, so desperation has to be factored in. The candidate must have a wonderful track record of QBs and offensive output

Which can only mean Mike Leach with Charlie Strong as DC

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 24, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That Works posted:

But you have to live in Florida which is basically an F-

Tallahassee's a pretty cool town actually. There's a ton of local history, community efforts for small-scale farming, a bunch of underground art exhibits, excluding country, a decent music scene, generally pretty liberal, a waffle house AND a whataburger....

Anyway I enjoyed it

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 24, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

swickles posted:

All these things are like at the top of the lists for high schoolers when considering a place to live

Rent is like $400/month too

It owned hard

JonathonSpectre posted:

It's amazing when I go back to Tally (like on Saturday to watch us whip those jorts-wearing Natural-Light-drinking cousin-loving swamp rats from Gainesville) how much has been done to improve and beautify the city. I graduated in '99 and the difference between now and then all across the place is night and day.

I kinda don't like a lot of the development. The new student housing apartments replacing campus circle are especially egregious to me, since I had a loooooooot of fun in those houses.

quote:

To make this somewhat on topic, I've seen no evidence that Jimbo is a total loving moron, and I think you'd have to be a total loving moron to jump from a top 5 job where you have a monstrously effective recruiting advantage and your team is a legit contender next year to a God-awful trash fire with everyone on the team graduating this year that also requires you to move to the most polluted state in the Union where you can and will lose your job for averaging 11 wins a year. That's just me, though!

Oh yeah you also have to beat the greatest coach in the history of the game who every single year fields one of the greatest teams in the history of the game to even get to sniff the playoff.

I think he stays, but I really have very little idea.

LSU's roster going forward is a lot less attractive than their current upperclassmen and our's is pretty great except for LBs.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FAMU homecoming rules when you're a student AND not a dweeb

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bayou Herman, huh?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chip Kelly to Texas would be cool

Place recruits itself and the Big12 is an orgy of nonsensical offense

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

LSU has zeroed in on Houston's Tom Herman as its next head coach and could have a deal in place as early as Saturday, sources told ESPN.com's Chris Low on Thursday night. Florida State's Jimbo Fisher was also near the top of LSU's wish list, but Fisher opted to stay put before talks with LSU ever got too far down the road. He's told some close to him that he thinks he could have some of his most talented teams at FSU over the next two years.

2013 is a historically good team so I dunno about that.

Unless Dalvin stays. Please don't stay, Dalvin :smith:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Alleva is dumb

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Regnevelc posted:

I'd take Coach O over Les for sure right now, sometimes you need new blood, but there are way more than two choices for that job.

Hell - Coach O lost to the two teams he played with a pulse as head coach this year.

I mean, Herman did lose to teams meh and below meh teams too.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Proud Christian Mom posted:

reality is broken send help

Metal Gear Solid 2 is actually about texas football in the 2010s

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Some are doubling down that it's actually still Jimbo and this is a feint

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LSU plans on going after Kiffin hard for OC

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bring back Briles

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ehud posted:

thanks for reminding me of the worst era of my life

Didn't they consistently beat the Pats tho?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Paul Johnson has lost a lot of weight

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pakled posted:

They fired Richt for consistently finishing with better records than Smart gave them so yeah, they're pissed. But not enough to put him on the hot seat. I doubt they'll fire him next year too unless next season is a complete collapse. If there's no improvement in 2018 I figure they'll be looking at other options, though.

Is Kirby really really christian? That's saved Richt a couple times in the past

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thermos H Christ posted:

Well our only QB who can throw is a pocket passer. If Kyle Allen actually does transfer here to stick with Herman, that probably means two pocket passers as QB1 and QB2. I guess he could rediscover Jerrod Heard.

Stay away from Tim Brewster you douchers

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/CoachTomHerman/status/802937153290285056

Hahahahahjajahajahahhahahahah

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bye Brewster

Eat poo poo, Herman

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hey Texas fans

Did you like Clemson's WRs?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oregon247 says Florida’s McElwain is a target for them to replace Helfrich

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

DrunkPanda posted:

How in the gently caress does a football coach become president of the university? Don't you normally have to work your way up through the academic world for that? This university was just like "hey dat dere guy was good at coaching football. less maik him precedent"?

Didn''t the president of Mizzou go there for like undergrad and then his (computer) work pushed him to Harvard for a MBA? Then he ruined a bunch of things for no reason other than being a corporate hack?

I mean, I know why be won - he had a plan to make the students more employable to shifting into computer science/engineering focus with input from tech companies and also he was a shill. But a hefty majority of a president's job is to beg for money.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Korranus posted:

Houston's looking into Art Briles. I wish I was kidding.

The moral repugnancy aside, there's no way Houston won't have a ton of assets dedicated to making sure Briles never sits face to face with an assault (sexual or otherwise) victim ever again.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N835ND

:toot:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

During an interview with ESPN Radio Friday morning, former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich admitted to talking to Chip Kelly about Kelly returning to Oregon as the school's next head coach.

"There were all those rumors out there and all that stuff, at that point, you're kind of thinking of every possible scenario," said Helfrich. "Obviously he had been contacted a couple times or something. It was just probably more selfishly than anything of when you start thinking of your assistants and all the support staff, all these people. If he were to come back here, some of those people would be safe."

Kelly coached the Ducks from 2009-12 and had a 46-7 record during his time as head coach. The Ducks went to four straight BCS Bowl Games and played for the 2010 National Championship game.

Helfrich replaced Kelly as head coach in 2013 and retained his entire coaching staff that remained in Eugene. Oregon assistant coaches Steve Greatwood, Gary Campbell, Tom Osborne, Don Pellum, and John Neal all served under Kelly during that time.

The five long-time assistants, along with Brady Hoke, Matt Lubick, and Ron Aikenwill have to wait until a new head coach is hired to find out if they'll be back with the Ducks.

Helfrich doesn't think Kelly will come to Eugene for multiple reasons.

"I don't know if he hated recruiting, dislike, a strong dislike," said Helfrich of Kelly's interest to recruit. "Chip has that challenge in his mind right now to make it right in the NFL....Reading between the lines, I think he wants to make it right, I think he wants to win at that level."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattieLouOKTC/status/804762333755142146

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Raku posted:

"Reports are that head coach Art Briles secretly met with the dead dog's parents..."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

big money big clit posted:

The SEC isn't really all competent offenses these days.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I wish he wouldn't go, but it's in everyone's best interest if McElwain leaves to Oregon

Except possibly Oregon's.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/805980860214177792

https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/805937499600089090

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

buddhanc posted:

Houston's d coordinator Orlando, is he any good?

It's hard to separate how he is as a coach and how mercurial the team itself is. They get up for 'big' games, then suck poo poo for 'lesser' ones and lose or almost lose.

Seems to pick up really well on how to counter OL blocking schemes though

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Having to restock his staff is what killed him at UF

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Regnevelc posted:

I thought it was Saban?

Saban didn't make them run the option with John Brantley

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

:suicide:

It was a combination of coaching attrition, promotion of Addazio to OC, inability to adapt offense to anyone other than Tebow, and poor QB recruiting/depth.
His QB recruiting was pretty amazing. It just didn't make sense for what he wanted his team to do, and died off from some indiscretions on their parts.

Meyer's QBs have to be able to run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It's mostly me negging on Meyer though.

• Locked thread