Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So I guess Clay Helton's seat heated up pretty drat quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So i think we can say that Helton's seat has definitely cooled off

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

Jesus this really is the RichRod thing all over again, right down to lots of people completely ignoring what a poo poo job Strong did because some boosters were mean to him or whatever.

Agreed

Him being on the hotseat in season 1 was dumb boosters

Him being fired now is a slightly quick trigger, but not particularly unexpected or unwarranted. If he had has more success in any of his previous years, he would have enough slack for another season, but he hasn't shown enough at Texas to buy himself more time

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

General Dog posted:

Divine Secrets of the Yaw-Yaw Sisterhood

I've suggested this before but Mourning View turned it down because he has a secret agenda

I swear this was the title the year USC fired Kiffin

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I'd rather have Kiffin

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIVbuqsjgvw

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I guess Saban really hated the playcálling

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Well, I'm pretty glad we didn't fire Helton

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

kayakyakr posted:

Really strange timing. Have to think they've got something in the works for Chip Kelly or at least think they do.

gently caress that, he needs to go the the big 12 or some other conference that USC never plays against

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

swickles posted:

I know there is no evidence, but I feel like we are gonna get some horrfying report in the nextvfew days.

Or self-reporting to the NCAA

Or he just got in another pissing match with the AD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

It's a little early to say the Swann thing has worked out. The Helton hire might wind up being fine but it was still the result of the same narrow minded philosophy towards coaching hires that messed the program up in the first place.

It just seems like Tennessee should be in a position where they should be capable of getting someone with actual administrative experience. Just throwing the job at someone famous associated with the program seems like incredibly lazy fanboard stuff. It's also funny that he's now the beloved figurehead from the glory years when the end of his tenure was kinda ugly and he for all intents and purposes was fired.

Helton was hired by Pat Hayden

• Locked thread