Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
O'Brien owns, and I'm glad he left. Penn State didn't deserve him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

Brian Kelly - Notre Dame. Even after yesterday's loss. In reality Kelly has Notre Dame nationally relevant again, with an appearance in the BCS Championship and coming within a couple plays of running the table again last year. As Twitter noted Notre Dame's last few losses have been one-possession affairs, so it's not like the Irish are getting crushed.

You mean other than last year's very enjoyable Fiesta Bowl.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

General Dog posted:

He's probably not worth what it would take to pry him away from Clemson, but I think Dabo would be a nice fit at Texas.

Seems more like the Baylor type to me.

Or A&M.

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 4, 2016

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Please please take Luke Fickell, Purdue.

No, please hire Warriner and Beck to be co-HCs.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

No one else would be worth that much or even close, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't do it anyway for the next tier of guys which is where I'd put Jimbo.

Petersen seems like the best fairly established coach for Oregon to throw money at based on success and location, but if they're really actually thinking about throwing that much money around I bet they call everyone from Dabo to Stoops to feel them out.

Dabo trying to acclimate to life in Eugene would be a sight to behold.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

N: Jim Tressel's show-cause is ending.

V:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9kJJ9yhXNc

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

CrumFUNist! posted:

The bottom of the Pac-12 had defenses that would probably give up at least 30 to Rutgers.

Hell, even Washington gave up 13 points to them. That alone should've disqualified them from the playoff IMO.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Texas lost to Kansas.

I see two true statements here.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Kim Jong Il posted:

I thought Warinner was supposed to be good, and it was Beck that was the problem?

He was as a position coach. Not so much as an OC.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

So does like every QB besides Tebow regress under Meyer or something?

I know I'm super nitpicky critical about him, but I really can't think of one that hasn't gotten worse over the years.

Braxton Miller until his shoulder imploded.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I say let Rutgers keep scheduling FCS teams to give them a guaranteed possible win every year.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

DJExile posted:

jesus christ

“As far as paying players, professionalizing college athletics, that’s where you lose me.”

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Pakled posted:

The one P5 school that sticks out as being in the wrong conference to me is WVU.

Louisville and (sort of) Notre Dame being in the Atlantic Coast Conference is also a bit weird. Of course the Big 12 has 10 teams and the Big Ten has 14, so nothing means anything anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also there's the fact that we have a conference that stretches from Connecticut to Dallas which formed after the dissolution of an east coast conference that wanted San Diego State.

And Navy is in the western division.

• Locked thread