Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everyone's talking about money and championships, but let's not forget what's really important:
https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/817486720761532416
He gets to keep the catchphrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Lots of media guys saying that Wisconsin DC Justin Wilcox is one of the top contenders for the Cal HC vacancy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
For players at least it halfway makes sense cause genetics, but still.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How can you really tell if a Bama coach is good at crootin, I mean, the worst recruiter in the country could still get a bunch of 5-stars to come to Bama

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I mean, if he focuses on fundraising and has competent assistants to whom he can delegate most of the non-fundraising work and decision making then maybe it'll work, but personally I'd still rather have an AD with actual experience in administration.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Willie Taggart running a tight ship up in Eugene.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"Thad Turnipseed" is the most college football name I've ever heard.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Thermos H Christ posted:

Pitt has made a terrible mistake

Definitely an underwhelming hire after Matt Canada. It's looking more and more like Pitt's gonna regress hard next year.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The one P5 school that sticks out as being in the wrong conference to me is WVU.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
:siren:Rumors:siren: out of Kansas State are that Bill Snyder is stepping down due to his health.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DC Murderverse posted:

He got Mississippi State to the point where they were ranked in the Top 5 in the middle of a season. That's worth 2 million a year for the rest of his career IMO.

Hell, they were number one for a couple weeks in 2014. One of only five schools to be ranked #1 at any point in the last 4 seasons.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Dan Mullen is probably the second-best coach in the SEC.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A bowl appearance is pretty good by Kentucky standards.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A couple years ago, nobody would have given serious consideration to the idea of Kentucky winning the SEC East. But in recent years, like clockwork, come October there are always a bunch of articles about how Kentucky could technically win the division. That's progress, my friends.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When has giving a coach an extremely generous extension after one good season ever gone wrong befo-

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Bill Snyder's still going to be coaching Kansas State when he's a brain in a jar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I think coaching salaries will gradually go down after the next round of broadcast rights negotiations. The floundering of ESPN shows that we're at the high water mark of how much money networks can pay for TV rights.

• Locked thread