Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

pillsburysoldier posted:

Didn't they consistently beat the Pats tho?

IIRC Saban is 2/2 against Bellichick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The discussion of Orgeron from And the Valley Shook was actually really good:

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2016/11/25/13745380/lsu-head-coaching-search-ed-orgeron

very long and detailed read but I think it's pretty on point about the unique cost/benefits of Coach O

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
lol if mike leach dumps a university that tolerated him consistently losing to FCS teams

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

YAW YAW YWAW YAW YAAAAW YAHHH, YAW YAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW; FOOBALL

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Benne posted:

If Ty Willingham couldn't kill that program nothing will

what about a fleet of forklifts

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

R.D. Mangles posted:

Coach O Playbook

Chapter 1: Recruitin'

Me and ol' Slinky were diggin' around near the ol' abandoned shack over there and I said to him Slinky we can't go there, we was told not to go there by my maw, she said eddie i don't care if you're the size of Driskill Mountain because you are a big boy there, but you stay 'way from that shack, eddie, that's not for you, but Slinky wouldn't hear it he just said to me you know what's in that shack, probably a bunch of dead ol' alligators or a rusted out airboat engine which wasn't fair because he knew i was collectin' 'em, i had dozens of airboat motors rustin' all over the lawn and paw would come by and say ed you get those cleaned up outta here now or i'll whup up on you in that hamburger drill and there won't be no coach telling me he needs you next saturday do you hear me boy, so i said fine we can take a little peek over there, the metal had warped and rusted over the years and there was a curled up corner and i tried to get into it but it cut up my back pretty bad, like a metal nettle just carvin' it up, bleedin' all through the shirt and i said slinky you dumb ol' bastard i'm gonna get whupped up real good, my mom's gonna get the wadin' boots and but i didn't hear anything from him, slink i said, slink you dumb possum quit messin' around in there but i didn't hear nothin' more and i couldn't get in the shack because i was too big and i said slink i'm too huge

:five: :five: :five: :five:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
The biggest problem with any of those candidates is gonna be cruitin'. If you bring in any one of them you're going to want to make sure you get some assistants that can close the deal on high schoolers nationally.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

good for you, houston

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

vyst posted:

Discarded rape kits add a lovely bouquet of aromas to grode jars

"Reports are that head coach Art Briles secretly met with the dead dog's parents..."

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
how dare people hold medical greyshirts and oversigning against us when the scholarship limit was literally a conspiracy to keep bama from winning in the first place

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Lane Kiffin is the apple of the public's eye now and all these ADs are setting themselves up for humiliation when their no-name hires fall flat

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
A 5 star recruit is attending his grandma's 85th birthday somewhere in Florida and the coaches start to show up for recruitin':

1) Charlie Strong--woke the kid up bright and early and started trying to teach him lessons about life
2) Mark Richt--drives them all to church beforehand
3) Jimbo Fisher--left an envelope full of money in the mailbox cuz he had to speak to his attorney today
4) Jim McElwain--was on the side of the road next a car with a smoking hood, wearing flipflops and laughing for some reason, holding a drink
5) Butch Davis--showed up to the birthday party early and has been aggressively recruiting since it started
6) Lane Kiffin--emerges from the shadows smelling of cigarettes after the old people have gone home. There is lipstick on his unbuttoned collar. Clearly drunk, he pats the kid on the shoulder and says he'll see him on the beach... and the girls are going to be waiting. He laughs, and tells the recruit that if the cops ask who he was.... "Tell them it was Joey... Joey Saltwater."

The recruit commits to Alabama.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Regnevelc posted:

I can't imagine Saban needing to negatively recruit.

He probably goes on and on about how great the other programs are

Then mentions their win/loss record vs bama in passing.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Kiffin's staff at FAU will include his brother as DC (D-line coach at Ole Miss), Mike Locksley as OC, and Scott Cochran's assistant S&C coach as S&C coach.

That's uh... really not bad for FAU at all.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Komet posted:

I have a hard time believing that Tressel wouldn't be interested in coaching again.

I heard the Michigan job might be opening

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Komet posted:

Narduzzi is Harbaugh lite

Nah Pitt wins big games

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
He's a lovely line coach tho

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

Is that just salt or are you serious because Alabama has a line that can usually run on everyone with impunity

It was much better with the previous guy and then better again after he was moved to only coaching part of the line. His best attribute is crootin

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Pakled posted:

How can you really tell if a Bama coach is good at crootin, I mean, the worst recruiter in the country could still get a bunch of 5-stars to come to Bama

the ones that aren't are told to leave

like doug nussmeier

... so christobal could be bad at that too

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

Saban has had enough of these uppity good OCs, he's going back to winning 9-6

thank

loving

god

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

LLCoolJD posted:

Someone who won't call clock-stopping, low-percentage passes while protecting a lead in the NCG. At least not as many as Sarkisian. He just got done coaching TE at the Patriots, so Bama will now probably star some giant, unstoppable TE who somehow avoids the coverage gets away with lots of OPI and takes 5 to 10 yards to bring down after the catch. Plus the usual incredible running game.

it's everything i ever wanted

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
What

He had been there for one year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Should have paid him more imo

Give Alabama a lottery for it

• Locked thread