Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veshpo
May 23, 2016

DJExile posted:

Terry Bowden - Akron - At the start of last year I may have put him under HE'S ON FIRE but Akron may not have the money to fire him even if they wanted to. Last year's 7-5 season with a Potato Bowl win over Utah State definitely helped, but it's hard to see Akron finding the next step. BGSU has won the MAC East almost by default the last few years, and obliterated the Zips 59-10 last year. The school is in the midst of a massive budget problem, which doesn't help matters at all. They're by no means a rudderless ship, but they may be stuck in MAC East mediocrity for a while, and may be in some trouble if Buffalo and Kent can get their legs back under them.

I really don't know anything about Akron's program, but what are the general expectations there? My understanding is that it's a financially poor program on an unattractive campus in an unattractive area. Considering how bad they were before Bowden got there, isn't bowling on a fairly regular basis a pretty nice endpoint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread