Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I remember when Michigan fans wanted that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Saban to Texas was fun whereas the Harbaugh to Michigan offseason was annoying.

I know - considering only one of those had a high probability of happening.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Hell of a lot better than Purdue or whatever lovely Midwest job he'd probably be offered. That's a good spot for him too, since a lot of his success is from out recruiting the rest of his conference and he could probably realistically do that at Houston (especially if Taggart gets another job)

poo poo, he out recruits the lower half of the Big Ten.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Les doesn't seem the coach to get more with less, so... I think he'd be awful at Purdue.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Komet posted:

What are some names in FBS that could get some looks to move up to a lower tier P5 school. Purdue could hire someone from the lower division. I think they need someone who can run a spread offense with middling talent, like NW or Indiana.

What is Bob Stitt up to these days?

Real talk, what about the North Dakota State guy?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

General Dog posted:

You've got to be really leery of the guys whose head coaching accomplishments have mainly come from maintaining someone else's program.

I don't know the background of that guy - but if he is just maintaining the old guys status quo and it's only been a couple of years, then yeah, I'd agree.

If he has been doing it for 4-5, then he should get a look.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I probably could have looked that up, thanks for the info!

My FB feed is all about Miles/Fleck from my Purdue fan friends and I just don't think those are realistic options.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LLCoolJD posted:

Can Miles recruit at an elite level at any P5, or just while owning Louisiana? If the former, they could do worse.

Purdue is the 4th option in Indiana behind Notre Dame, Ohio State and Michigan. If Miles can bring up some of the mid to high 3 stars from the schools he has inroads with down South then he may be able to boost Purdue a bit.

Purdue just has no name anymore in the realm of college football, the Tiller years are far far far gone.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Bird in a Blender posted:

ISU always seems to pull of coaching hires that at least look good at first, and Purdue has more money, so they can probably find someone decent enough.

Do they pay their assistants now?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's pretty funny how much better than Rutgers WMU is

WMU -17 over Rutgers this year?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Real Name Grover posted:

Is the game in Jersey? Then at least -17, yeah. Hell, they won by 14 in Champaign

I mean - Rutgers should travel to WMU, tbh. School hierarchy and all.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

w/r/t Kelly, a 4* DE just de-committed from ND and committed to Michigan and publicly said this

"Talking to Brian Kelly wasn't fun. It wasn't cool." - the least surprising news of all time

He took it back already.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Adam Schefter is citing unnamed sources that says chip isn't leaving to go back to college, so take that for whatever it's worth

NFL guys know jack poo poo when it comes to situations like that.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

He was also one of the louder voices saying this about Harbaugh if I recall correctly. NFL people have a hard time accepting that anyone could possible not want to work in THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Which was weird, because he is a Michigan grad.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Michigan waited until after the bowl game to fire rich rod to gently caress him out of $1mil from his buyout

The team quit on him and he also got railroaded in that game.

He got a raw deal, but he had to go.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
All this is doing is setting up a Major Applewhite return in 4 years as head coach once Greg Davis flames out as HC

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

R.D. Mangles posted:

the fact that orgeron isn't going to be in charge of LSU is a loving tragedy

He isn't that great of a head coach, I don't know why people pine for him to be in charge of a major program.

Dude loving sucked at Ole Miss.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spacebump posted:

He has been good at USC and LSU as an interim HC. Maybe he just needs to coach greater programs than Ole Miss.

I dunno, two half seasons don't really change my perception of a coach.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

ole miss tho. Anyway, that was years ago and there's plenty of articles around where DACOACHO talks about why he was so bad at ole miss and how he learned from his mistakes.

Dude has earned another shot

'another shot' usually doesn't start at a top 10 historical program though.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spacebump posted:

In a fictional world with only two choices: Would you rather have Coach O or Les Miles as LSU's hc for the next two seasons?

I'd take Coach O over Les for sure right now, sometimes you need new blood, but there are way more than two choices for that job.

Hell - Coach O lost to the two teams he played with a pulse as head coach this year.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
'A Target' meaning someone they want, who will turn them down.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Frost after one year? lmao

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Fleck is a crazy good recruiter

Who doesn't want to row?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Komet posted:

You'd think that Kiffin might be able to hold out for a better job than Houston.

After UT and USC? I'd think big schools would be weary of offering him. He could do the Herman route to come back.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

I was hoping he'd wind up somewhere better but realistically that's probably the best job available to him right now and a huge jump from where he is. Good for him, I hope he can still have super fun offenses that light up everyone except Iowa. Also hope WKU just promotes his brother to keep their good thing rolling.

Dammit, we just got rid of a Chaos offensive coach in the Big Ten.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Zifnab posted:

Nuss was UW's #2 choice for head coach behind Petersen. Dodged a god drat bullet there.

I believe Nuss was the head coach in waiting if the offense looked good for him under Hoke but the total results were not there.

Yeah - it went back even further.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Wasn't it just last year people said Coach Mac was a better hire than Harbaugh?

How has he fallen off so much?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Thought Brohm might hold out for Cincinnati to stay closer to home. Cincinnati was probably a better option for winning games too, that's going to be tough at Purdue. But if the $3m/year report I saw is correct then good for him I guess. I still think he's the next guy at Louisville whenever Bobby leaves, no matter where he ends up in between.

West Lafayette to Cinci is like 4 hours - where is Brohm from?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

He's a Louisville native.

Ah - so like 4 hours from home. That's still close.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I was just spitballin on the drive time, y'all.

I've been to West Lafayette once and I got the gently caress out quickly.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
What is Temple going to do when Rhule poaches half of their class since he won't have one at Baylor otherwise?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

suck

or hire Fleck and pray he can fix it

Why would Fleck go to Temple?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Democrazy posted:

Speaking of successful coaches hitting kids, is Jim Leavitt ever going to get a shot at head coaching again? I'm kind of shocked that he's even back as DC and that there seems to be no controversy over it.

Of course he will, it's football.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan lost 3 or 4 guys last year I believe.

And I wouldn't worry about Meyer's ability to hire assistants. He is one of the coaches that can get people to come to him for openings.

E: 3 - Durkin, Baxter, Jackson

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 9, 2016

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Having to restock his staff is what killed him at UF

I thought it was Saban?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thermos H Christ posted:

You forgot Jimbo Fisher and Mark Richt.

I'm sure he chose those coaches very carefully.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Harbaugh to the Raaaaaaaaaaammmmmssss

(Won't happen but would be very funny!)

I should probably get used to this, since it's going to happen every single offseason he is at Michigan.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Will Harbaugh coach in the NFL again? Probably

Will it be after only 2 years at Michigan? No

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Don Brown is a really good coach but he's like 500 years old.

Yeah - one of the reasons Harbaugh hired him is because he won't be looking for a HC job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

nothin' wrong with achieving climax from a khaki'd up handjob.

Isn't this how most strip-club experiences end?

• Locked thread