Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

If Swoopes is QB1, it will be ugly. I like the guy, and I love seeing him do his 18-wheeler thing, but he cannot be the main guy. It has to be Heard or Buechele. You never want to pin your hopes on a true freshman QB, but Buechele impressed in the spring game for sure. Of course, that's another thing you don't want to pin your hopes on.

What happened to Heard? I thought he was going to be amazing after that Cal game, but then I guess he got hurt and now he's not the clear guy in spring practice? Dude could throw and is shifty as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

How much better is DIII to naia?

NAIA can sort of almost pay players.
http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/12/17/7407699/naia-football-profile-paying-players

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there's big time beckman news

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ol' tim beckman's at it again, folks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pakled posted:

lol, Jared Lorenzen still has pull with the program?

gravitational

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

brian kelly went for two for no apparent reason against northwestern and they missed and it turned out to be the game and that is still funny to me, also that jack mitchell hit two kicks to win the game and is now so yipped out that he can't make extra points

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is there any way that they can allow coach o to enter the stadium on a fanboat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i look forward to another decade of contests against the dean of big ten football, kirk ferentz

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i read on a message board that pj fleck is a landlubber

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hire orton

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wildcats, bitch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

purdue's coaching search hampered by the staggering decline of people with blond mustaches

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

I've just realized one potential downside to hiring Ed Orgeron as head coach for LSU, regardless of whether he's good or terrible. It would make scanning threads really difficult when people are talking about Oregon.

if he gets the LSU job he can emerge as his final form and take the name Rémy Gumbogator

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

texas's top boosters are meeting right now to figure out the coaching situation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxmrvbMeKc

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DJExile posted:

I love this video so much :allears:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pakled posted:

ESPN just had a chyron saying Herman to LSU is a done deal.

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the fact that orgeron isn't going to be in charge of LSU is a loving tragedy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

He isn't that great of a head coach, I don't know why people pine for him to be in charge of a major program.

Dude loving sucked at Ole Miss.

yes why would people want the bellowing, shirtless swamp guy to be in charge of the louisiana team where he can go zooming onto the field on an airboat and prove points by wrestling alligators in press conferences and conference calls

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

longhorn head coach tim beckman

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

texas should just hire some goony coordinator to coach everything and then just have the guy who played the coach in friday night lights be the figurehead who gladhands the boosters and goes out in front of the media.

AUSTIN-- Texas Coach to reporters: "I 'preciate that"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Dunno if Coach Taylor's Les Miles-esque clock management would go over well

they can just run the go down in halftime by 30 and then win on nothing but last second bombs that won numerous State Titles.

That just led me to watch the Plano East/John Tyler highlights again and I just about wet mah britches

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

I want him to be my father but how did that fool always wind up down 6 on his own 10 with no timeouts

it's not his fault, he didn't have any defensive players with lines or names

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NOTABLE FNL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS:

-The linebacker who disappeared in the Murder Season, which is NOT CANON Y'ALL
-The East Dillon guys playing ironman football because they had like 15 guys on the team
-The time Voodoo Tatum was forced to play DB in practice

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

And then he would call a run play in that situation.

absolutely the right call during the Smash is on steroids arc

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

has UT looked into the following coaches:

-Jon Gruden
-Bill Cowher

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how many quarters to herman get before the knives come out for him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please change the thread title to NCAA Coaching Carousel: yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw football

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 27, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

with the niners a complete shitpile, what are the odds kelly just goes back home

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

i'm still very angry at former western conference foe the university of chicago

chicago's western conference team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that whole binder is just one faulknerian sentence

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Coach O Playbook

Chapter 1: Recruitin'

Me and ol' Slinky were diggin' around near the ol' abandoned shack over there and I said to him Slinky we can't go there, we was told not to go there by my maw, she said eddie i don't care if you're the size of Driskill Mountain because you are a big boy there, but you stay 'way from that shack, eddie, that's not for you, but Slinky wouldn't hear it he just said to me you know what's in that shack, probably a bunch of dead ol' alligators or a rusted out airboat engine which wasn't fair because he knew i was collectin' 'em, i had dozens of airboat motors rustin' all over the lawn and paw would come by and say ed you get those cleaned up outta here now or i'll whup up on you in that hamburger drill and there won't be no coach telling me he needs you next saturday do you hear me boy, so i said fine we can take a little peek over there, the metal had warped and rusted over the years and there was a curled up corner and i tried to get into it but it cut up my back pretty bad, like a metal nettle just carvin' it up, bleedin' all through the shirt and i said slinky you dumb ol' bastard i'm gonna get whupped up real good, my mom's gonna get the wadin' boots and but i didn't hear anything from him, slink i said, slink you dumb possum quit messin' around in there but i didn't hear nothin' more and i couldn't get in the shack because i was too big and i said slink i'm too huge

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

I had to stop reading twice because I was laughing so hard.

Is that from something?

i stole the concept from this
http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/ask-a-faulknerian-idiot-man-child-12248

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Oh jesus gently caress Lane

it's time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAsxnRaTAg

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tim Beck sounds a lot like an alias Beckman would come up with for himself

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine having a statue in your office that could, at any moment, come alive through dark alchemy and coach a bowl game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

houston, please hire me as AD so I can interview lane kiffin and ask him whether it was more satisfying to be left on a tarmac, get attacked via powerpoint presentation, or provoke an angry tennessee man to piss on an "it's time" t-shirt

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

florida should hire ron zook

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

very disappointed that texas no longer has coaches named Smart and Strong, which is also the name of an 80s buddy cop movie that I've just written in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly i can't wait to see how Kiffin will be inevitably fired in disgrace after we've already seen him denigrated via powerpoint and left on a tarmac.

• Locked thread