Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

General Dog posted:

Much like God, he may grow bored of his creation and abandon it for something more interesting

This is why I'll never be really successful because if I were Saban I'd have quit five years ago and be sitting on my gigantic boat instead of kissing 17 year old's asses and posing for pictures with Jethro with the national championship trophy down at the Walmart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

DJExile posted:

Scott Stricklin has been announced as Florida's new Athletic Director.

E: Holy moley Les Miles' buyout is... something.

Am I oversimplifying this or does this mean that if Miles took another job he'd be essentially working for free unless he gets paid more than 125,000 per month/$1.5M a year for the next six years?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I can't believe that you're all overlooking the most Purdue available candidates. I assume they'll hire Chan Gailey, Ty Willingham, or Charlie Weis. I'd throw in Wanny, but he's too good for them.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
All Purdue needs to do to get back to the glory days of the tiller era is recruit the best QB in conference history again. Honestly I don't know why they haven't tried.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

He was the DC, and before that the DC at Arkansas. Buckeye fans seemed to like him, I guess?

I liked Ash. Co-DC wasn't meaningless, I feel like Fickell is only listed as Co-DC because he was a good company man during 2011. Ash did a great job rebuilding after they pushed out Withers following the loving debacle in the Big Ten Championship to MSU followed by the loving debacle in the Orange Bowl to Clemson. Ohio State had the 112th rated pass defense the year before Ash (29 in Ash's first year) and Pizza Delivery men were telling Luke Fickell's wife that her husband sucked as a defensive coordinator.

Hazell's been real bad at Purdue, but I don't know if anybody can win there. I think they said on shutdown fullcast the other day that you have all the disadvantages of Georgia Tech, but you're also not in the city and you have truly grim weather. They're also probably the fifth choice school in a basketball state and the administration isn't interested in spending money on football.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 20, 2016

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

I would be shocked if Petrino left Louisville again.

I would be shocked if a human being turned his back on Louisville after they took a chance on him when nobody else would but we're talking about Bobby Petrino, not a human being.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Counterpoint: His ceiling at LSU is 2nd in the SEC West until Saban is cast back into the fires of Mt Doom from whence he came

Saban is 65 and doesn't seem like he enjoys anything, so I doubt he'll retire anytime soon. All great coaches eventually have to get old and mediocre right? I know Mack Brown was around 60. It sounds ludicrous since Ohio State went 12-1 in 2010 (gently caress you Emmerit come over to my house and delete that sugar bowl from my DVR), but I feel like Jim Tressel was trending down around 60 since he was really lording over an absolute poo poo Big Ten. Spurrier was pretty good into his late sixties but fell off at the end. Fulmer lost it relatively early, I didn't realize he's only 66 now and he lost it in his 50s.

Please can it be soon? I don't even hate Alabama anymore I'm just bored with them.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

JonathonSpectre posted:

"Hey here's more money even though you already have so much you can't spend it all. Now instead of having to compete with Clemson you have to compete with Alabama oh and also anything but a national championship is completely unacceptable and means you're fired."

Personally I'd stay in Tallahassee but that's just me.

You can spend that much money easy. Hell a Gulfstream G650 is $65M alone. You could buy one of those gigantic boats with a helicopter landing pad and then you have to pay a crew for it.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

Which one of Rutgers' 4 Big Ten victories is your favorite?

My personal favorite is when they beat Michigan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

After his dismissal as Auburn head coach, Chizik spent two years with his family. He only decided to join North Carolinas as defensive coordinator because it worked with his family. Now he’s getting out of the game on his own terms. The 55-year-old Chizik won national titles as a Texas assistant in 2005 and Auburn head coach in 2010.

“The past two years at the University of North Carolina and the opportunity to work with Coach Fedora have been a blessing, and I'm extremely proud of the success we enjoyed," Chizik said in a release. "I have always told my players family should come before football, and it's time for me to follow my own advice.

“I look forward to watching my own son play the game I've dedicated my life and career to for the next two years, and I look forward to the simple joys of being a father and husband I've missed out on."

Typically anyone resigning to spend time with their family got to choose to resign or get fired.

• Locked thread