Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What happens to your contract as a coach if the team immediately gets death sentenced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

rebel1608 posted:

I suppose it's theoretically possible they could just keep you on at your salary if you were willing to try to pick up the pieces after the death penalty expired. The thing is, though, I have a hard time imagining a scenario in which a football program gets the death penalty without the head coach getting show-caused.

You mean besides whatever mook decides to ride Baylors flaming ship down in a few months. yes, probably not getting the death penalty they've earned

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I have to say with all the UMN drama it's cool that Kaler seems to have priorities correct for this even if it's going to cost him his job.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

swickles posted:

SMU has shown us that a death penalty for even one year wrecks a program beyond repair for decades. I know this isn't a death penalty, but if everyone does indeed transfer, it would be a de facto death penalty.

But everyone won't transfer.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Anyway, who's the person who committed to Minnesota because they wanted to be coached by a human sized potato.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MourningView posted:

Rutgers does not

To be fair the 1869 national title was the least contested title of all time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

General Dog posted:

The rule should have an exception for rivalry games.

How can a p5 team be rivals with a fcs team? That's like saying I have a real rivalry with the middle schoolers I play pickup with but I sure dunk on them a lot.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

(What is it with great coaches trying to push their sons into coaching? Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Ferentz, Bowden, Buddy Ryan, etc...?)

For a nominal meritocracy sports loves nepotism on basically every level (players, coaches, announcers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee named their new S&C Coach today - Rock Gullickson - I don't know much about the guy other than he was most recently with the Rams for a bunch of years but that's exactly what a S&C coach should be named so A+ hire

Wasn't he one of the psychopaths on the Rams staff on this years Hard Knocks?

• Locked thread