Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Live feeds now back.

Sounds like non-Nicorey won veto. Either Paul or James. Nicole and Corey talking about wanting to know who between them is going.

Confirmed, Paul won veto.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So the "spoiler" was crap, but everything still worked out in the end.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Uhh, spoiler was true? Unless you're talking about another non-Paul wins HOH spoiler?...

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

Uhh, spoiler was true? Unless you're talking about another non-Paul wins HOH spoiler?...

Yeah, I posted that the rumor was Paul won HOH, and he did. Unless there was a spoiler somewhere else about the veto winner?

I'm cackling about this turn of events btw.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I thought I'd read something else on Jokers, but I could be out of it. This is pretty great.

Sounds like Paul's letting James vote whoever out.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
If i was a jury vote honestly I would see Victor getting voted out twice and still making it to the end as a strength rather than a weakness.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

If i was a jury vote honestly I would see Victor getting voted out twice and still making it to the end as a strength rather than a weakness.

Yeah, it's a toss up. The jury could either be pissed about someone who was evicted twice winning or be like "drat, he fought his way all the way to final 2, give him the money."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I would be smart for James to vote out Corey, and it's also what will cause the conspiracy theorists to blow up.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
i really hope Vic ends up being on a season of survivor or something

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

patonthebach posted:

i really hope Vic ends up being on a season of survivor or something

I think cleaning-obsessed Vic would go bonkers on Survivor. He and Paul talked about doing Amazing Race together, though.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I still think Nicole is winning a F2 vote against these dudes and is a good bet for winning the F3 HoH, so I'd bounce her, but we'll see.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Retail Slave posted:

If I was on the jury and he was F2, there's no way I could vote for him to win. Dude had THREE chances, and everyone else only had one. If you have three chances you better drat well get that far.

Hey that's not their fault. Quite a lot of people had a shot at a second chance. It's not Vic's fault he just beasted them constantly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't want to watch it but James, Nicole, and Paul are a pretty solid F3. All three have a case to win and probably could and is be surprised to see a landslide either way. James has been passive but yes played socially and most people like him, to the point where they seemed to just blame any betrayal of his on evil Natalie the Jersey whore of the East. Nicole's been a massive snake but she's played the game and if she can own it it could get her to win instead of continuing the "I'm an innocent saint" nonsense she kind of bashed to bits by turning on everyone the last couple of weeks. And Paul doesn't seem to have much problem owning being a snake but his flaw may be that he seems to take the game very personally and could rub the Jury the wrong way if he keeps on the "you all screwed me" thing without acknowledging he did the same.

Nicole has Paulie and Cody. Paul has Victor. James has Natalie and probably Meech. Everyone else seems like kind of a toss up.

Terrible season and I have no desire to watch it end but at least it looks like it will end with three players.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Even at this stage of the game James is playing the "I'm just going to do what Paul tells me to do so I don't get blood on my hands game." No jury in their right mind could vote for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hes played a good social game while Paul and Nicole have basically pissed everyone in the Jury off at some stage or another. He's been too much of a "go along to get along" player but Natalie could help him a bit if she advocates that he was putting a lot of thought in and he does at least have one big move to his favor as he was instrumental in voting out Z and dethroning Paulie.

But then again even something like Nat advocating for him could backfire since she feels he was too passive and blames him for trusting Nicole and Corey.

He wouldn't be a great winner but he's up against two potentially very toxic opponents. That helps when your game is basically being the nice guy who tried to make the summer fun.

Edit: Gun to my head, though, I agree that Nicole is probably the favorite. Part of that is, I think, that she's been a snake for so long that the jury has had time to get used to it. It was a lifetime ago that she betrayed Day or was sketchy with Z or cold to Bridgette. They've had bigger issues since and plenty of time to sit back and say "well, she's really playing the game." But i feel like her big hurdle could be if the jury wants her to own it and she's just unable to because she's too self deluded. Like, if I was a juror my question to her would be "I'm prepared to vote for you as a winner like Will, Dan, and Derrick but they were snakes and dirty players and I need you to admit you were too." I don't think she can.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 14, 2016

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Hard for me to imagine a jury going through finale night with James against anyone and turning the key for him, no matter how much they may think he's a lovable goof or whatever.

I actually think this season came around toward the end, and I've been much more invested in the post-Paulie period.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Popero posted:

I still think Nicole is winning a F2 vote against these dudes and is a good bet for winning the F3 HoH, so I'd bounce her, but we'll see.
Yeah I agree

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
james gonna evict corey because of his pregame alliance with nicole duh

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I think James may have a legitimate chance to win. He's on fairly decent terms with everyone in the jury. He'd get Natalie and probably Michelle. He has a good chance of getting Da'Vonne and Bridgette. If he's sitting next to Paul, he has a good shot at getting Nicole and Corey, especially if the winnings sharing is true. That would be enough to win.

His approach to the jury speech and questions will be big of course. He should talk about how he tried to play up his social game and alliances this season. He should admit to not being strong mentally, he should admit to throwing most of the competitions to not look like a threat. If he also admits that his passivity hurt his allies and he's sorry for that, then I think that would put him on decent footing.

If he's sitting against Nicole, I think it might be harder, but I agree that Nicole winning would depend on her admitting to her rat game and owning it. If she whines that it was so hard and she feels so baaaaadd, hopefully they'll tear into her.

Teek fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 14, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In theory there's a really solid case to be made that James played a strong social game, worked hard to try and protect Natalie even when it could have bit him in the rear end, and made THE single biggest move of the game by dethroning Paulie and shaking the game up. You could easily argue that if James doesn't do that that a lot of people never have a chance in this game and Paulie keeps controlling things.

The problem is James is a lovely talker who can't make that case. And this is very self deluded cast who I'm not sure all recognize that they were being controlled by Paulie for so long and that they needed James to make that move. Bridgette and Natalie (and maybe Meech) know it and if James wins he may need them to make the case for him at the roundtable.

Plus James will be in a kind of weird place where he needs to play up his social game but a lot of his "game moves" directly threaten that (he sold out Day to the couples; he convince Nat/Meech to betray Paul/Victor; he spent the whole season questioning his relationship with Nat with the rest of the house). He'd have to find a way to mix the two arguing that he did his best and made calls, even if they weren't all the right ones and may have betrayed people he regrets. That's doable, but James isn't a talker.

I think James can win but I think its kind of out of his hands. He needs the jury to come to that conclusion on their own or for Paul/Nicole to just tank themselves by being too up their own asses and unwilling to admit their own dirtiness.

And, I mean, Paul's still clearly the most deserving winner. I just really, really don't like him.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

violetdragon posted:

I think cleaning-obsessed Vic would go bonkers on Survivor. He and Paul talked about doing Amazing Race together, though.

They would dominate it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

James' entire final plea would be that he has a daughter.

If Paul goes to F2, he'll be smart enough to emphasize his standing at the beginning of the season and how he overcame it as his biggest strength.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feeds on Jeff for about 40 minutes now. Probably HOH comp part 1. lovely that they aren't airing on the feeds, they usually do.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

Feeds on Jeff for about 40 minutes now. Probably HOH comp part 1. lovely that they aren't airing on the feeds, they usually do.

I knew the moment Julie didn't say the comp was starting live on tonight's ep that they wouldn't be on the feeds.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TV Ratings seem to be propped up as more important than the revenue they get from All Access. Which is weird since you'd think they'd want to habitualize viewers into going on All Access in preparation of BB:OTT.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Paul won part 1 of the final HOH comp.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

violetdragon posted:

Paul won part 1 of the final HOH comp.

Nicole won part 2.

They are both saying they will take the other and not James, but it's hard to tell if they're telling the truth. I think Paul probably is because he helped Nicole study while trying to sabotage James' studying. Nicole is acting fed up with James and how he's been dragged to the end, which suggests she might be telling the truth, but it's Big Brother and no one is announcing their strategy to the livefeeders.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Tonight our F3 were introduced to Big Brother OTT's existence and were tasked with giving advice to the new houseguests. Unsurprisingly they are pissed that they will become irrelevant in a week. I honestly wish CBS made announce the cast themselves.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Paul and Nicole are both practicing their speeches, and they both seem to be speechifying about taking each other. So I guess that's that? They're both really paranoid about Natalie working the jury house over. Looks like the James-Natalie showmance didn't work out quite as well long-term as they'd hoped.. it got Natalie evicted and got James third place.

James and Natalie will see each other exactly twice outside the house, as friends, and then one of the two will get upset at the other, they'll botch the long-distance communication, and they won't see each other again until the ill-advised BB22: Showmance Spectacular in 2020 in which Nat will hook up with Victor. 5% chance that Natalie forever continues to accuse James of having a F2 with Nicole, and never speaks with him again.

Corey and Nicole will flirt at the wrap party, but the presence of their families will cause them to miss out on their one and only chance to bone, ever. Corey will head back to Texas to have threesomes with all the Applebees waitresses he can, and Nicole will write him every day for three months asking when she can come visit. Eventually, Corey will change his address without telling her, shouting "Let's Goooo!" as he tosses a box of her letters in the dumpster beside his fake Christmas tree.

Paul and Victor will live together in LA briefly, Vic modeling Paul's clothing line for him, before Victor decides LA is for douchebags and moves back to (no)LA.

This was fun, guys. Not sure we have much more to get excited about. Finale night will be anticlimactic as hell, and the $500k's in the hands of the women, who get to decide whether to reward or punish Nicole for her snakey-ness. The only moment of drama will be when we see if Paulie can actually summon the balls to give his female ally due credit for winning the game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

MrBuddyLee posted:

Paul and Nicole are both practicing their speeches, and they both seem to be speechifying about taking each other. So I guess that's that? They're both really paranoid about Natalie working the jury house over. Looks like the James-Natalie showmance didn't work out quite as well long-term as they'd hoped.. it got Natalie evicted and got James third place.

I'd say for two people dumb about the game and unable to win anything, it served them pretty well. One of them will get the America's favorite money. The worst part for James is that he won't be able to spend time in the jury house with Natalie, his probably only chance to get some. I don't see them together outside the house and not due to deviousness on either part, they are just pretty different. I remember earlier in the season they were by the pool and James was openly dreaming about how the money can by a doublewide or triplewide trailer and how they are actually really nice and Natalie was just sitting there with "ummmmmm" written on her face.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shneak posted:

Tonight our F3 were introduced to Big Brother OTT's existence and were tasked with giving advice to the new houseguests. Unsurprisingly they are pissed that they will become irrelevant in a week. I honestly wish CBS made announce the cast themselves.

their cast should be figured out and sequestered by now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

what are the odds Paulie goes right into Big Brother OTT

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MrBuddyLee posted:

Corey and Nicole will flirt at the wrap party, but the presence of their families will cause them to miss out on their one and only chance to bone, ever.

It's okay, they already did that.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

sportsgenius86 posted:

Million to one, he's toxic.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

sportsgenius86 posted:

0%

The commercial says "all new faces."

I think the Califore family might have messed up their relationship with CBS when they talked about suing due to Paulie's edit, and when Paulie refused to bake the pies/come to DR.

Do you think we'll have an OTT feeds thread?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

violetdragon posted:

0%

The commercial says "all new faces."

I think the Califore family might have messed up their relationship with CBS when they talked about suing due to Paulie's edit, and when Paulie refused to bake the pies/come to DR.

Do you think we'll have an OTT feeds thread?

I suppose a new thread for the season makes sense, but wouldn't it only need to be a single thread for OTT, since OTT is basically feeds only anyway (no spoilers for broadcast technically?)

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

ToastyPotato posted:

I suppose a new thread for the season makes sense, but wouldn't it only need to be a single thread for OTT, since OTT is basically feeds only anyway (no spoilers for broadcast technically?)

Yeah, you really would only need one thread.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I'll put up a new thread on Thursday probably. Best to move on from this season as quickly as possible...

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

violetdragon posted:

I think the Califore family might have messed up their relationship with CBS when they talked about suing due to Paulie's edit,

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Um, holy poo poo, I think Nicole may have changed her mind on taking Paul to F2. She said tonight on the feeds that her heart says take Paul but her head says take James. She whispered that even she would consider voting for Paul over herself for the $500k.

Any chance that Production asked her to play this up? She seemed pretty locked over the past few days.

James vs. Snacole would probably maximize Finale Night drama, because it would be more of a "Nice Guys" vs. "Bad Guys" battle, with both sides thinking they're white hat. Both Nicole and Paul played fairly snakey games but the focus in their cases will be on big moves and strategy. Either of them vs. James, since he has almost no strategy (beyond throwing comps), will be more likely to be emotional voting and arguing, imo.

• Locked thread