Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I know the [Religious Icon] and [Vat of Grease] both open up some options fairly early on, but that's about all I can remember at this point.

Maybe go with the [Fortified Milk Jug]? Always useful- especially since we're Decrepit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Also lets >go to Monteion! :twisted:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
No I thought it was "You never do anything right" but I'm pretty sure that was the Bastard Elf's stepdad.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
> Shuffle Past and Avoid Eye Contact. Smile and wave if you have to.

Most people tend to ignore a skeleton worker that's clearly on the job.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
The Bear Arms are great when paired up but obviously we need a Handy arm, so I say we should:
> Trip a passing elf
and maybe get the bastard's weapon in the process!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I want a bastard aelf's bastard sword!!!

I'm pretty sure a band of Elves (innate animal communion hippie powers) could take down (or calm down) an enraged bear in the woods with no problem, which is why we need to subtly take down one of the elves from our barrel-y hidey hole if we're to stand a chance of getting through this undiscovered.

Sorry for all the conjecture - I forget how rote the fantasy laws are in the two-fisted fantasies. But the real question is: Does a Zombie Bear poo poo in the woods?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
MERCY!!!

Honestly, who could blame you??? :jerry:

Instinct can be a cruel mistress. Maybe you can help them out?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:hb::dunkedon::hb:

Who sez skeletons have to kill?

We're technically a "priest" remember???:confuoot:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:w2byob: chill yourself :w2byob:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Offer to let the man pet your nice rat.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
> Put [?Divine? Spark] into Rat Friend and fling at nearest body. DEFEND your immaculate smile!

failing that,

> Put [?Divine? Spark] into Left Usual Arm and fling at nearest body. FLEE lich the bony dickens!

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 30, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Obscil posted:

Loot both hippandros, but then loot only one of the guards. Also, replace our original body parts. Resurrect the last guard as a skeleton.

The bonus from having a pair of hippandro legs is pretty good, and having actual armor is nice as well.

Agreed:
> HARVEST both Hippandros in order to get and "equip" the two Hippandro Hoofs
> HARVEST the first Human body for a Sword Arm and a Tabard (leave the worthless sword behind), equipping both.
> RESURRECT the second Human body into your first undead minion Skeleton Sentry. Let's give him a name.

Keep the rat. We're not gonna eat Mr. Whiskers just like that?!?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Yeah stock up on the two Sword Arms and two Hippandro Hoofs and just book it to Bilgeton on your fine new equine gams without any shambling zombies to slow you down.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
That's clearly a Necromancer (with a gang of skeletal ragamuffins), or as you like to call them in the Guild- MANAGERS!!!

Don't let him spot you or he'll use his undead-controlling magics to enslave you to his bidding!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Also if we're going to be Rambo Running this we gotta:
Eat Ratbro -
Grab the Spear for 1st Round(s) Combat
Keep the Shears for after throwing Spear
:madmax:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Riddle Answer (if we're cheating, obviously):

Peg-Leg Pinny the Hellraiser Merchant

(one thousand pin-heads)

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I'm imagining Frozen but everyone's a skeleton in rotten rags with no vocal cords and the snowman demon is dead. It's pretty good!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Guys - seriously what's our game plan?

> Take Kevin's Skull as Item (it's been TEAKETTLED it BELONGS in the Guild's Museum!!!)

> Equip Staff & toss the other weapons

> Don Robe (and wizard hat if available)

> Bone the Witch

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Alternatively:

> Offer CAT a piece of Kevin

> DON'T SUFFER the Witch's two-tongued tongue-wagging (ignore her)

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i thought "burn the house down" was the obvious choice here but i forgot where i was for a second

If we're doing the Conan the Barbarian encounter later we have to do what he does to witches: Bone then Burn the Witch in her own oven! (sorry witch :witch:)

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
There are a lot of union bylaws that just don't get upheld out in the Dark Forests near Bilgeton. :smdh:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
There is more than one way to skin a cat; similarly, there is more than one way to bone a witch.

Just make sure it's compliant.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

I Greyhound posted:

Only if she turns into a cat as you're boning her. Same thing with the cat throw it in the fire if it turns into a witch while you're engaged.

Ah, yes, the ol' cat-witch in the fire trick. Wife never suspects a thing~ :j::ninja::catbert:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Poland Spring posted:

Question: Does this hut's chicken legs go all the way up

It wouldn't yurt you to find out!? :witch:

Also mind you we're a female skeleton (in beginner lichlord mode) - in need of some bone-oiling TLC from an old lover.:wiggle:

Wait~! Where was she while you were off obliviously trimming the podunk parish's hedges???:confuoot:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Nyaa posted:

Pick whatever that will lead to Goblin King's magnificent codpiece

Hogge Wild posted:

carry her cauldron

> Search Witches' Crypt for Family Jewels

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Hot Holy drat Court of the Crimson King just came on my megashuffle.

Right I forgot we were gonna > burn the witch in the first place.

Have we fallen in love?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

I Greyhound posted:

Maybe you should bust out your Dance Magic Dance to win her over? Or do you have to learn that from Jaryth and then double back to the witch hut?

Does she have a potion which will restore essence?

Unfortunately decrepit skeletons aren't capable of shimmying nearly as well as their more able-jointed brethren.

No magic dancing for us yet. What a terrific boner we've committed! :haw:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
COME ON GUYS are we a lichlord or a bitchlord?!

> Burn the Witch

(with a super-sick dis)

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Aggie's crypt is somewhere to the south of the tower, a few days' walk away, and going directly there will mean ditching your union droogs and bypassing bilgeton altogether. I should have posted the map that came with this but it's been systematically ripped out of every copy of the book in existence for reasons I don't fathom.

To be fair, skeletons have no need for maps.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

vortmax posted:

Let's liberate some Pixie skeletons.

I don't think I ever got to this part but I definitely remember reading through the minion cards. If your resurrect these guys you can launch them like hefty hallucinogenic lawn darts.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

I dont know posted:

To the goblin infested hills. I'm pretty sure the codpiece is a key magic item. From what little I remember from my older brother's stories about playing this, it requires some lucky rolls to get, but is worth the risk. I remember he said how glad he was that he had it when he reached the DracoMummy. It also significantly improves our virility, whatever that means.

We are in no way ready for the LABYRINTH module, guys. Goblin Route means Goblin King and I'm pretty sure that's like a whole separate thing in and of itself.... right?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Can we stock up on pixie minions real quick to chuck 'em at the goblins when their king appears? That's the only way I think we could currently even stand a chance to win a fight with the Thin White Duke on our first try without losing and then being sucked into a whole bunch of fetch quests inside the Labyrinth (repairing walls fitted to non-euclidean geometries, no less!).

We're still trying to get to the Warlock's Tower, mind you~!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

maybe don't pick a fight with david bowie when you see him? everything he's done he's done for you after all

E: goblins coming very shortly. I warned you about things going sideways, and welp. Good luck!

Psh yeah right like the Goblin King would part with his signature codpiece so easi- oh god I forgot about all the romance subplots somehow getting shoehorned into this book...

Goblin Route

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Oh My God

CACO-NUT
CACO-NUT
CACO-NUUUUUUUUuuttttttt~

Harvest everything.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
If we harvest everything we automatically win the first round and deal 5 damage. Kick their nerdy faces in with the Dust Digits as legs hands and you're suddenly one-shotting everything as an eye-laser-shooting knuckle-duster-devil.

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 8, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Who What Now posted:

Not quite. We still have to roll over their base Espirit score, we only stop our opponents from rolling any d6s for having Hands. And if we win, we don't deal five damage, we just make a free attack using a bonus 5 Espirit.

Still though, that's a pretty sweet deal.

You're so right and yet I just got so excited by that dang CacoNut-!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

I dont know posted:

Lets ask the demons we raise what happened.

If this could work then wouldn't we just watch them get into a full-on fight all over again?

This is why you don't go to an old battlefield to raise skeletons for company! :doh:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

FoolyCharged posted:

Assist the strike, but be careful not to cross the picket lines.

For the Union!

> Spearhead pincer attack with minions to assist SKU forces

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Sneak around so as to > Charge in from high ground and > Strike a dashing pose upon entry to battle.

wait no-

FoolyCharged posted:

be careful not to cross the picket lines.

We must cross the PHYSICAL picket line, yes, but we shall never cross the picket line of the SOUL..

At least until this entire encounter is resolved :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

poisonpill posted:

We should hang back and send our minions across the picket lines, then "heroically" saunter up and kill them for scabs.

We've got ranged minions* and an eye laser. Technically we could just

> Hail SKU Members and
> Provide Freelance Ranged Support

*going by the lore on the cards

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 9, 2016

• Locked thread