Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Where is Kotori

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Going by just the descriptions Riko may be my new Umi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zettace posted:

I guess I should get around to watching the Love Live movie before July 2nd.

You should.

I've very good.

I paid to see it 5 times in a theater.

Then I paid to have the movie.

Then I watched the movie a buncha times.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I'm sure you will sympathize with her since all the other girls like to mess with her

Ah, yes, the Bullied!Zep meme.

It's a true meme.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Love Live is good and so is the Sun because it gives us life so I look forward to watching the anime after it has finished airing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

i-if i shoot now there is no need to wait

Nice knowing you.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Trihugger posted:

Cross posting Daxing Dan's translation of this since not all LL fans are into gacha games.

?????????????????????????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Revolver Bunker posted:

I feel bad for putting off watching LL Sunshine for so long. Part of it was me being stubborn and thinking it wouldn't be as good as the first two seasons. I was wrong. They're really learned a lot from making the original series and it shows in the writing and set up of the characters. It all feels more natural and less haphazardly inserted or glossed over (like Rin having self esteem issues about not fitting in with the rest of the girls. The long stare from Hanamura at the magazine with Rin's picture was a nice call back though). I powered through all 13 episodes in two days and there were a lot of feels. I'm not sure who are my favorites from Sunshine. It was Maki, Eli and Umi for Muse. I'm kind of leaning towards Riko, You, Mari and Yohane for Sunshine. I don't have any Nesoberi's but I do have all 9 of the figmas for Muse and have the 3 available for Sunshine on preorder. :negative: My wallet...it pains.

Ah, someone with good taste.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Have you considered:

X

X

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I just noticed that's soldier game.

You must have loved soldier game.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone cheered at the live viewing at the scene of Kanan carrying Mari.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA JOIN US IN THE DISCORD WE ALL COLLECTIVELY FREAKED OUT ABOUT IT THERE.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wait you got your E-mail in English????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

astr0man posted:

i signed up as an american

Ah.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
?????????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress you!!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh sure, don't bother converting to KST!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
;_;

One day this Zep bullying will stop.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtuWHWMmNVA

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Basic thoughts on the movie that only astro can really read, I'll probably make more posts after the movie officially comes out in February and I've been able to rewatch it.

As with astro, I pretty much tried to avoid all spoilers, so I didn't watch any of the YouTube videos or whatnot before the movie.

astro told me the CG was super good, and I agree, at some points it was so loving natural that I really couldn't tell if I was watching CG or animation in some songs, they just meshed together so well. I wasn't really thinking about going to Japan again this year, but now, if there's another lottery, I'm 100% in.

Everything is spoilers so from here on is dangerous territory.

My only issue with the OG Love Live movie was that it was, at most points, a Honoka movie featuring the other members of Muse. The whole plot pretty much revolves around her, especially with regards to Time-travelling Ghost Alternate Reality Adult Honoka, and while you get stuff like everyone coming to the same conclusion, the one whose journey you see to reach that conclusion is Honoka alone. So Over the Rainbow is a major upgrade in that particular aspect, where it's not the Chika one-man show, and where it's not even solely an Aqours movie due to the prominence of the Leah and Sarah subplot. In fact, it's the 1st years who I feel are a large part of the focus of the story; if the 3rd years are the driving force that kick things off, the 1st years are the ones who strive to take matters into their own hands, as we see in Italy.

Ruby is the real winner of the movie, largely thanks to her character growth in Hakodate. It's amazing how far she's come as a character, given that she was pretty much just sorta there for pretty much all of S1 and like 3/4 of S2. She's the one who speaks up and voices the 1st year's wish to find the venue for their performance, and she's the one uniquely equipped with the insight into Leah's situation. And it's sorta fitting, cause with the movie taking place after Dia's graduation, the movie is partly about Ruby graduating from her dependence on her sister and becoming her own person.

Yoshiko also gets plenty of focus as the main comic relief of the movie. Which isn't really that plot relevant, but she ensures that there's never really a dull moment throughout the movie, especially when she has to confront her real life fans of her streams. It's a nice variation on her gimmick that hasn't been done in the anime before, so it's not like the movie's just rehashing old jokes. Her short stint into

Sadly, Hanamaru doesn't really get much to do, as astro points out. She's pretty much been static since S2 as the eating girl.

Leah gets a lot of focus, and I really feel for her cause at least the 1st years and 2nd years have each other, but Leah is legit by herself in the school idol game for her school since it was just her and her sister. Even Chika had You with her when starting out. Though she's developed after the events of AWAKEN THE POWER (gently caress YOU DON'T TELL ME TO AWAKEN THE POWER), this solitude and her guilt over her tripping up, mixed with the fact that she and her sister never fully got closure (Sarah never getting to tell Leah how she felt), causes her a lot of grief. I really like the way her plot was handled, completed with Ruby rejecting the option of Leah coming to Aqours because that wouldn't have really resolved anything.

The bit where Sarah points out how the third years were responsible for the majority of Aqour's success is pretty funny because Ainya is legit considered the best singer in the group. It also reminds me of OG LL, where A-RISE points out that Muse have so many highly talented members.

The scales are a lot smaller than they were in the OG LL movie (hey let's sing in loving TIMES SQUARE and get a literal army of school idols to all sing one song together), but they're a lot more personal instead. Instead of introducing the world to something, it's about proving to people close by that school idols are good. The song in Italy is just a guerrilla performance, the showdown before Aqours and Saint Snow is (initially) viewed by only Tsuki and Chika's three friends before Tsuki decides to become the first idol music video pirate, and the final performance of the movie takes place as a school event, as opposed to the grandeur of BokuHika.

I can't believe it took me till like, the final segment of the movie to realize this, but there's a parallel between Mari's mom and the PTA of the new school. Parents who think they know what's best for their kids and don't believe in the power of school idols. loving 학부모, am I right?????? Of course, both conflicts are pretty easily resolved, as they were never really the major focus. As if Mari was really gonna get married. Also, it's a nice twist that Mari's dad, the unseen figure who we're initially led to believe is the frontman for the school closing in S2, is actually the more lenient parent and the one who wanted to let Mari do as she wanted. Also Mari's mom referring to Kanan and Dia as HAGU and DESUWA is funny as poo poo. It's up there among the funniest scenes in the movie.

The great thing about the movie being in Italy is that I don't care if they mispronounce Italian cause I don't know that language. Yay Italy!

The Saint Snow song is probably my favorite song of the movie; the music and imagery is loving amazing. The other songs were good too, but it's sorta hard trying to read lyrics in Korean while watching the animation cause I'm used to being able to rewind and rewatching song segments. So I'll hafta wait till the movie officially comes out in February to think more about them. That said, I don't really think there was a song that gave me this whole FEELS moment like BokuHika did in the OG LL movie, where the lyrics, animation, choreography, symbolism, and so on all came together to create this incredibly moving spectacle. Though to be fair, we had WATER BLUE NEW WORLD in S2 and honestly? I consider that to be pretty much close to BokuHika level in terms of how I felt when watching it for the first time. Plus, the effects for the final song were so good, I legit expected it to be just a 6-member song and then the 3rd years coming in just floored me. Also the second last Aqours song where the 1st years and 2nd years change their outfits partway while the 3rd years remain in the starting outfit was also a great moment.

Tsuki as a character is just there, she's like a mini-You who also happens to conveniently know Italian cause why not, and also to do the whole "IS YOU TALKING TO A BOY??????" fakeout. Which leads to one of the funniest scenes in the movie anyways so it's all good. Ruby, Hanamaru, and Yoshiko getting their catchphrase mixed up was some hilarious poo poo, I was watching the words come out of their mouths and thought it was an error for a split second before realizing it was the point.

Probably more words I wanna vomit out but that's enough for now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
loving hell I hosed up on the spoilers tag twice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nothing beats WATER BLUE NEW WORLD so no.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Doin' God's work. Dan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's beautiful, like God's plan.