Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
They installed some sort of "computer controlled" air conditioning in my building and it is broken probably 3 times a month. When they first installed it they somehow set it up wrong and it cooled the building down to like 50F which was pretty funny too.

I feel like this is what it is going to be like when automation replaces everything: nothing will work and no one will be able to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

there's probably more lines of code in the computer ac than there was computational complexity of any sort on any apollo mission

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
If the American way of life was dependent on a bunch of people fixing your a/c, they'd spend 100 billion dollars on it and have 1000 guys right there, im sure

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the American way of life is dependent on a/c, especially in the south

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
They still haven't fixed it or even bothered to try because gently caress fixing things right

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Central humidifiers are things if reviews are too believed do not work at all, any of them. They also cost a lot to get somebody to look at it and say meh.

Simple room aircon units are still significantly more efficient than building systems too, progress is great.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
STILL BROKEN

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Stereotype posted:

because gently caress fixing things right

what is america's five word infrastructure policy

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

angry_keebler posted:

what is america's five word infrastructure policy

it loving sucks balls, dude

funroll loops
Feb 6, 2007
CAPSISSTUCK
works for me op

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
if you believe they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
if you believe there's nothing up his sleeve, nothing is cool

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

one was a bunch of dudes with the right stuff and a nearly unlimited budget

the other also had a nearly unlimited budget but most of it went to fancy dinners and/or hookers to influence the people making the buying decision

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hvac telemetry and poo poo is really, really bad

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I'm betting money on the super loving with the settings on his smart phone.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

the American way of life is dependent on a/c, especially in the south
nope

the american way of life isn't dependent on the south

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Stereotype posted:

They installed some sort of "computer controlled" air conditioning in my building and it is broken probably 3 times a month. When they first installed it they somehow set it up wrong and it cooled the building down to like 50F which was pretty funny too.

I feel like this is what it is going to be like when automation replaces everything: nothing will work and no one will be able to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dht_3NziwSw

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I reference this movie like once a month and no one gets it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

MrMoo posted:

Simple room aircon units are still significantly more efficient than building systems too, progress is great.

really?!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Stereotype posted:

I reference this movie like once a month and no one gets it

brazil owns

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mishaq posted:

brazil owns

I referenced it once a week when I was stuck in a bureaucratic catch 22 with a moped I couldn't prove I didn't own.

It's such a good movie, probably Gilliam's best.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
12 monkeys is absolutely better if you aren't some kind of sadbrains freak who loves to wallow in misery

so yeah brazil is his best as far as anyone here is concerned

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Jonny 290 posted:

If the American way of life was dependent on a bunch of people fixing your a/c, they'd spend 100 billion dollars on it and have 1000 guys right there, im sure

Sham bam bamina! posted:

if you believe they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
if you believe there's nothing up his sleeve, nothing is cool

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
i'm always cold

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

mishaq posted:

brazil owns

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

live temperate. hth.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

haha hth

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
the moon landing was fake

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

space wind makes flags fly

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

space wind makes flags fly

Where's the stars in the background huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

and cheaper. Welcome to condenser city,

It's basic government that forces companies to use larger aircon units to reduce accidents from units dropping out the sky. See countries that are less fussy and the larger number of small devices.

Shopping malls still use big devices though and pass on the massive costs to all the tenants. This is presumably because in places like HK they are all underground and so smaller devices are not practical.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 28, 2016

• Locked thread