Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rio
Mar 20, 2008

the graphics card failed after two days so I got a replacement today. it has software that lets it light up over 8 million colors though! I also put in an ssd but that voids the warranty by opening the case. you also have to completely disassemble the internals to get to the sata power on the motherboard. overall I think it wS a good decision rather than just building my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

:shittypop:

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Nice, but you should've probably had geek squad hook it up for you. Another $100 but its worth not having to worry about whether your internet is set up and updated properly.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
You hosed up bad op

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rio posted:

the graphics card failed after two days so I got a replacement today. it has software that lets it light up over 8 million colors though! I also put in an ssd but that voids the warranty by opening the case. you also have to completely disassemble the internals to get to the sata power on the motherboard. overall I think it wS a good decision rather than just building my own.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

What in the heck is Best Buy?

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
my bro-in-law helped me buy the parts & build a gaming rig last year for a 6-pack. i mainly use it to play roguelikes (duskers is p cool)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I bought a gaming PC from Alibaba for $149.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 27, 2016

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Your fault for not building it yourself op.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao, a gaming PC from Best Buy

how much RAM you got, OP? 512 MB?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

je1 healthcare posted:

Nice, but you should've probably had geek squad hook it up for you. Another $100 but its worth not having to worry about whether your internet is set up and updated properly.

Ask for the toiletcam special

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
dumbass should have bought an alienware they make the best comuters

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

LegoPirateNinja posted:

dumbass should have bought an alienware they make the best comuters

No way man. I hired an alienware once and that son of a bitch was twenty minutes late to work every loving day.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

put your graphics card in the oven

its not a Final SOlution but sometimes helps it from being bricked

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

je1 healthcare posted:

as a former geek squad dude: no, it isn't worth it to use geek squad

i mean hell, they paid me of all people

and wouldn't you know it, they liked my work (!?)

therefore it is an evil company built on an ancient indian goon burial ground with haunted computers

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

can it run emulators?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

It can run anything when the hardware is not failing

Necro-tron
Jan 12, 2003

Pawn 17 posted:

I bought a gaming PC from Alibaba for $149.

Make/model/name. I don't care if it had BIOS level spyware.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
literally thousands of hours of entertainment can be found on a website i found called YouTube. check it out if you get bored sometime.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DICKLORD BONE posted:

You hosed up bad op

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

obvious troll, voted 1

maybe you could have mentioned how you got 0% financing by getting a Best Buy credit card, which would have bumped it up to at least a 3.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Actually I am serious. I am playing gta 5 for the first time right now while my computer changes colors.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

rio posted:

idiot. I bout mine from ibuypower

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

does it have a sick case window in the shape of the radiation symbol? this is important

rio
Mar 20, 2008

They had one of those on display but I didn't feel like it was quite "gamer" enough for me.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Mr. Wednesday posted:

my bro-in-law helped me buy the parts & build a gaming rig last year for a 6-pack. i mainly use it to play roguelikes (duskers is p cool)

my gpu isn't fast enough for angband

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Augmented Dickey posted:

does it have a sick case window in the shape of the radiation symbol? this is important

No, it looks like an alien spaceship that glows on all sides with no windows because it is in a small non traditional shape.

E: wait, no it only glows in the front and underneath

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

worthless without pics

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Geek Squad only exists to fool gullible old people who are scared of technology.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Justin Godscock posted:

Geek Squad only exists to fool gullible old people who are scared of technology.

or their kids hate them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I suppose there is an argument to be made for buying a pre-made gaming PC, but it just seems like it would be easier and faster to assemble your own.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

I suppose there is an argument to be made for buying a pre-made gaming PC, but it just seems like it would be easier and faster to assemble your own.

only if you know how. I stopped caring in like 2006.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the best gaming pc is a ps4 hth

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

only if you know how. I stopped caring in like 2006.

It's only gotten easier since then. you literally buy all the parts, and then smash all the pieces together and turn it on

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

rio posted:

No, it looks like an alien spaceship that glows on all sides with no windows because it is in a small non traditional shape.

E: wait, no it only glows in the front and underneath

gently caress

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Carol Pizzamom posted:

It's only gotten easier since then. you literally buy all the parts, and then smash all the pieces together and turn it on

bought my new one because I caught a good sale. $750

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
runs everything, so far

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

rio posted:

Actually I am serious. I am playing gta 5 for the first time right now while my computer changes colors.

:pcgaming:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Sorry to hear about your retardation, just kidding I'm not retards should be left in the woods to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pics or it didn't happen

• Locked thread