Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
OP did your computer have this sticker on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Ben Murphy posted:

im the five bowls of cat food on the floor

Two bowls of dry food, two bowls of water and a two bowls of wet food (one not pictured, two cats not pictured).

The Rage posted:

loving lol at buying that machine and it not already having an ssd at that price

you got buttfucked op

I already had a 1TB ssd and I sold my house and have disposable income - I know I could have built one for half the price

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

rio posted:

Two bowls of dry food, two bowls of water and a two bowls of wet food (one not pictured, two cats not pictured).

I already had a 1TB ssd and I sold my house and have disposable income - I know I could have built one for half the price

Or you could have bought one for twice the price from Puget Systems and got something good. Shameful.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Yes but immediate gratification

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BossRighteous posted:

What in the heck is Best Buy?

its where you go to find out if a tv is crap or not before you buy it off amazon

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

its where you go to find out if a tv is crap or not before you buy it off amazon

You can't tell how good a tv is when its brightness is set to 'surface of the sun'.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
im so sorry you bought a "gaming PC" at best buy. what the gently caress were you thinking lol

can you use a screwdriver? buy your own. and frankly this is like the worst possible time to buy a prebuilt gaming pc from best buy cause of gpu releases that happened like literally yesterday

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

rio posted:

Imagine it pulsing and changing color constantly

If I recall, that thing has an undersized psu, and maxes out at a GTX 570 because I also believe it can't take a full size graphics cards. Show the back to confirm.

Have fun can prolly play doom, maybe tfc

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
A whole lotta whooooooooosh in this thread :downs:

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah good job op. I hope you bought the leather protection spray too!!!

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Why do you need a 1tb ssd? Sorry, I am not a gamer. I have to look up what dota means every time someone mentions it. I mean, couldn't you have an ssd for the OS and a mechanical drive for storage. Honest question and your computer is cool and good and is a waste of money. This may answer the question that I posed now that I think about it.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

drunkb posted:

Why do you need a 1tb ssd? Sorry, I am not a gamer. I have to look up what dota means every time someone mentions it. I mean, couldn't you have an ssd for the OS and a mechanical drive for storage. Honest question and your computer is cool and good and is a waste of money. This may answer the question that I posed now that I think about it.

It means "dead on the arrival"

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rio posted:

I too sold my house to buy a pc. I am posting from the back of my van.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
There's going to be debate on this (and I know this thread's a honeypot), but I think this thread needs an idiot proof guide on how to build a PC:

1. Pick a build
2. Buy your poo poo
3. Put it together

Building a PC is not for geeks anymore. The only thing that stops people is the assumption that there's lots to learn when in fact it's so goddamn simple and youtube now teaches the world everything.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Airborne Viking posted:

There's going to be debate on this (and I know this thread's a honeypot), but I think this thread needs an idiot proof guide on how to build a PC:

1. Pick a build
2. Buy your poo poo
3. Put it together

Building a PC is not for geeks anymore. The only thing that stops people is the assumption that there's lots to learn when in fact it's so goddamn simple and youtube now teaches the world everything.

"not for geeks anymore" then why does the dude have side burns and a triangle chin thing??

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Jukeboxblues posted:

It means "dead on the arrival"

Noted. Probably runs sweet on his new rig that has COLORS. I won't remember that either though.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Airborne Viking posted:

1. Pick a build
2. Buy your poo poo
3. Put it together

It's not for geeks, it's just for spergs and weirdos without better poo poo to do. Why bother? Just get a PS4 for games and some laptop for work and be done like an adult sex-haver.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

je1 healthcare posted:

Nice, but you should've probably had geek squad hook it up for you. Another $100 but its worth not having to worry about whether your internet is set up and updated properly.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

tenspott posted:

Gaming is for spergs and weirdos without better poo poo to do. Why bother? Just get laptop for work and be done like an adult sex-haver.

Fixed it for you.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

tenspott posted:

It's not for geeks, it's just for spergs and weirdos without better poo poo to do. Why bother? Just get a PS4 for games and some laptop for work and be done like an adult sex-haver.

Ps4 doesn't have the good games and the control scheme is farts and rear end

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

say no to bats posted:

Hey someone actually took pity on the poor ASUS ROG desktop I always see glowing at my Best Buy next to the XBone games rack and gave it a home. Besides the 40% markup on parts, it isn't a bad system. 970, 16 gigs and an i7.

Just has a very high laziness tax slapped on to it and I have no idea what the inside of that case looks like.

The inside looks like your bathroom sink after brushing your inflamed gums

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

subhuman filth posted:

Ps4 doesn't have the good games and the control scheme is farts and rear end

It has Madden, NBA2K, and COD. What more do you need?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tenspott posted:

Oh no you loving didn't.

If I am not getting 120FPS I don't get as many frags and it triggers my crippling depression.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

Oh no you loving didn't.

If I am not getting 120FPS I don't get as many frags and it triggers my crippling depression.

PC gamer people are weirdos and universally gross. It's pretty common to meet normal people who play Xbox or Playstation, but PC games players are on par with Nintendo weirdos.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Just get a few Dell Optiplex 760's or equivalent from the recycling pile at work. (I assume that all goons are sys admins). Max out the ram from the other recycleables and throw a 128gb ssd in it. Connect them to your tv's and get blowjobs from your wife as you watch lovely versions of new movies on putlocker sites. I am a huge prick.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Someone buy nooner a new avvy, I miss the dancing flamingo.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Your first mistake was buying a gaming PC from bestbuy.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I am playing the new doom game at over 150FPS right now.

Suck it console losers.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Justin Godscock posted:

Geek Squad only exists to fool gullible old people who are scared of technology.

When I worked at Hewlett-Packard employees would take their work computers to Geek Squad because the internal tech support was so terrible.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
HOLY poo poo
PC GAMING

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

tenspott posted:

It has Madden, NBA2K, and COD. What more do you need?
he said good games

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

What cartoon is this from

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i have a laptop that i use for gaming. it's a few years old but it was top grade when it came out and it still works fine. the best part is i can pick it up and take it places.

$0.02

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

why does all the new gaming poo poo have crazy leds i thought we were past that

i literally saw a mouse review that said it was a great mouse but considered the lack of customizable lighting as a negative

why does my keyboard need customizable RGB lighting

kill me

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

misspelling, Toshiba

i missed this brand of pyf-style autism, thanks for bringing it back

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

why does all the new gaming poo poo have crazy leds i thought we were past that

i literally saw a mouse review that said it was a great mouse but considered the lack of customizable lighting as a negative

why does my keyboard need customizable RGB lighting

kill me

so you can make wasd glow red so people know you're a gamer. as if the $150 keyboard and lack of self care didn't make it obvious.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

tenspott posted:

PC gamer people are weirdos and universally gross. It's pretty common to meet normal people who play Xbox or Playstation, but PC games players are on par with Nintendo weirdos.

Hmm... no

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I would have built one if there were parts at a retail store but gently caress me if I want to wait two days to get my game on.

Regarding the gpu, it will take full sized graphics cards. It comes with a gtx 9700 but I'll upgrade it at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Germstore posted:

so you can make wasd glow red so people know you're a gamer. as if the $150 keyboard and lack of self care didn't make it obvious.

but thats stupid as poo poo

anyway i dont use wasd cause im a edaf weirdo

• Locked thread