Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

why does all the new gaming poo poo have crazy leds i thought we were past that

i literally saw a mouse review that said it was a great mouse but considered the lack of customizable lighting as a negative

why does my keyboard need customizable RGB lighting

kill me

Backlit keyboards are awesome, but I just got a $20 one that has no other noteworthy features. I agree with everything else.

Wireless peripherals are stupid. Wired keyboards/mice/headphones are cheaper, more reliable, don't need batteries, and unless you've got a wireless monitor than you're going to be at your desk anyway, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I don't understand the back light. If you're looking at your keyboard you've already lost.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

rio posted:

I would have built one if there were parts at a retail store but gently caress me if I want to wait two days to get my game on.

Regarding the gpu, it will take full sized graphics cards. It comes with a gtx 9700 but I'll upgrade it at some point.

Not saying you made a mistake, if you've got the coin and don't feel like sweating over it and putting it together. I built mine 8 years ago and , since then, I've upgraded the GPU, RAM, Hard drives, and (just recently) the CPU. Motherboard is still going strong, and XFX 790i Ultra, and I modified a big CM Stacker case to integrate watercooling.

My main concern for you would be upgrading with the designer case. Now I got a nice case but I got a big one, one where I could pull the whole motherboard tray out without disconnecting my coolant hoses. That one looks like it could be tight on the inside, but maybe not, I have no idea. That's down the line though.

I would advise you that though your case is sleek and compact, that reduces internal airflow, you can get pockets of dust buildup especially if you leave it on/near the floor. Get it up on a desk not near a window that opens and closes regularly.

Do you have a warranty with BB? If so, it means no fun stuff like overclocking for you... not yet anyway.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I built my PC with old pallets, sea shells and raspberry pi. It runs everything on highest settings like a commodore 64.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I bought mine from Craigslist.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Someone buy nooner a new avvy, I miss the dancing flamingo.

He'll just lose it again in a few days and you know this.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Regrettable posted:

He'll just lose it again in a few days and you know this.
considering he just got probated for a month for shitposting in the same thread he got banned in, i don't think we'd see it too much

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my computer box thing is from probably 2003 or something its a frakenstein monster but its actually a Good Computer

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
i should probably upgrade my gpu soon but my 560ti can still run the vast majority of games at at least low/medium at 60fps (except doom for some retarded reason)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

a retard posted:

i should probably upgrade my gpu soon but my 560ti can still run the vast majority of games at at least low/medium at 60fps (except doom for some retarded reason)
same man, i have the msi twin frozen 560ti that ive baked twice to get it working again, it cant really handle over clocking anymore without actually crashing games but its a solid loving card and like you said still fast

my CPU is a the Q9550 running totally stable and an insane amount of overclocking

poo poo loads of ram

200 GB SSD and 4 TB HD

all this over the course of years is like actually sooo cheap. i always splurge on monitors tho. Asus ProARt thinger. its beautiful.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Airborne Viking posted:

There's going to be debate on this (and I know this thread's a honeypot), but I think this thread needs an idiot proof guide on how to build a PC:

1. Pick a build
2. Buy your poo poo
3. Put it together

Building a PC is not for geeks anymore. The only thing that stops people is the assumption that there's lots to learn when in fact it's so goddamn simple and youtube now teaches the world everything.

it's for geeks and autists. normal people have a dell or maybe a macbook air and play games on their phone and maybe a ps4

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

op quit cluttering up gbs with dupes, we already had the "post the results of your autism test" thread like a month ago

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

OP is a no name let him have his drat post an d enjoy it too

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

what special form of autism it takes to stick thing in slot that thing is shaped like-

oh no, I have tried to hammer video card into ram slot because i'm too dumb to live-

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

its the same special type of autism that builds race cars i guess

drat maybe i should put this drat turbo on this engine and make sure all this poo poo bolts on, guess i got a case of the tism

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

je suis autist

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
building a pc is SUPER for geeks and nerds, im about to do it because i bought that loving blizzard tf2 clone

Mine's not nerdy though because when i'm not playing video games the computer will be used to talk to people on my ham radio

lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

my PC is built for video ediuting and counter-sterike

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MiracleWhale posted:

je suis autist
autismo maximo

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Why do gamers who build their own PCs get so angry at people who buy pre-built PCs? So they're spending more money than they need to, who cares? How does that effect you? People pay more for convenience all the time.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

Why do gamers who build their own PCs get so angry at people who buy pre-built PCs? So they're spending more money than they need to, who cares? How does that effect you? People pay more for convenience all the time.

It's not so much the higher price; it's more the much lower quality. That's why I buy from Puget Systems.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Pawn 17 posted:

I bought a gaming PC from Alibaba for $149.

Did it included a suicide note from a Chinese factory worker? If so take a pic. Those are really popular on Reddit.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Hey, you used the wrong affect/effect there. And "who cares" should be it's own sentence. No big deal, I just didn't want it to affect the point you were trying to make. Keep up the good posting!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
How hosed in the rear end am I if I buy a gaming pc with windows 10 on it

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

maybe order your sick gamer parts and return that sweet-rear end alienware thing to best boy once Lasership abuses the package all the way to your doorstep

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015
Take the PC back, get your money, go to the book store and stick with paper from now on.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Airborne Viking posted:

Hey, you used the wrong affect/effect there. And "who cares" should be it's own sentence. No big deal, I just didn't want it to affect the point you were trying to make. Keep up the good posting!

Hey, man, I'm not a professional writer. i'm just hastily typing out some trash on a comedy message board.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

OP shoulda hired the geek squad

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Hey, man, I'm not a professional writer. i'm just hastily typing out some trash on a comedy message board.

I was trying to think of what I was a professional at and I couldn't think of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I hope that you didn't forget the monster cables.

• Locked thread