Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
In my tournament today I fully understand why the pros say sick with a scornful grimace on their face.

Got knocked out in my tournament today by going up against AA and KK in consecutive hands in a table of four. Had AK for the former and was a gnat's rear end out of the money to add insult to injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The number of hands those guys are forced to play per day is ridiculous. I don't know why they'd even agree to do this, sounds completely miserable but I don't know how much they're getting paid. A guaranteed check is probably a magnificent novelty to a poker pro of course.

Plus they're not playing for real money unlike real poker so there's another mental detachment at play too.

If the computer wins it will come with plenty of caveats.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

For Push/Fold decisions I tried SNG Coach by ICMIZER. It's neat and powerful but hard to conceptualize and improve for use at the table, at least for me :/

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

IED enthusiast posted:

I have read somewhere people swearing by this, I haven't tried it out. I feel like rote memorization of shoving ranges in comparison to the blinds is likely sufficient, which is why I prefer spending a nominal one time sum on a book/app. Once I feel like my recall is more or less effortless, and have a serious db of sngs to look at, (sadly someone stole the laptop I used from 07-10) perhaps I'll take a harder look. I seem to recall people loving sngwizard.

The key thing about SNG Coach and ICMIZER is that it accounts for all chip sizes at the table, not just your own and the guy pushing before you. Also future game simulation (FGS), aka upcoming hands. Also the payout structure. All making it super complex. When running the calculation it can sometimes take my 5th generation intel desktop CPU more than a second to complete.

For instance if you're in the small blind and the action folds to you, your push range should take into account the chip size of the big blind and the total number of players remaining, in addition to your own stack. In some cases it's any two cards you should push in this scenario, or it could be under 10%.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

Why is ACR so drat empty? You'd think the only normal site most Americans have access to would be filled to the brim.

They want to stay small so they don't advertise, like at all?

• Locked thread