Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
He may have a moderately strong hand like KT. If he were TT he'd more likely be setting a trap. I would probably call here and leave him stuck on the turn. Probably not risking half his stack with a pair of tens, but if he doesn't then he looks weak. Another T on the turn and I'd be wary. Other than that I'd try to knock him out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
My strategy is to bet when ahead, and make the opponent's risky plays expensive. It's very unlikely he has JJ or 99, so you probably have the best hand. There's a lot of cards that could come up on the turn where I'd have to worry about flush or straight draws (almost a 50% chance of that happening). So I'd raise here and try to end the pot now.

I'd put him at KQs, and if they're clubs you really want it to be expensive to try to suck out a flush draw.

paperchaseguy fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 20, 2016

• Locked thread