Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Imaduck posted:

If you're not in Nevada or NJ, your best bet for online poker is Bovada. It's not nearly as good as Poker Stars was in the glory days, but it always has games running at most stakes, and a few goons even make a living playing on there. There's also Carbon and Juicy Stakes, but they're less popular.

I have an account on Juicy Stakes, and I've found its player base severely underwhelming. I'll have to take a look at Bovada. Which games do they offer? I've thought about trying out five-card draw or Badugi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
I just signed up for America's Cardroom, and I'm having a bit of trouble depositing. My credit card wouldn't go through (apparently it doesn't like international cash advances), and those prepaid debit cards they sell everywhere are US-only. Does anyone know where I can get a prepaid debit card I can use for this, or am I going to have to resort to Bitcoin? If so, what's the best way to just get some Bitcoin and immediately deposit it?

I've also noticed that America's Cardroom regularly has these free tournaments for a $10 prize. Would these be of any value for practicing poker strategy?

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
Does anyone have any experience with bounty tournaments? They seem to be all the rage, and they look like the sort of thing that would appeal to casual players. Has much of anything been written on proper strategy there (in a conventional tournament, it is generally recommended not to place any real emphasis on knocking anyone out).

• Locked thread