Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PreacherTom
Oct 7, 2003

I want to prank them for hours in my basement...

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is Phil Helmuth as big of a twat as he comes off as or is it an act for TV? He's had some truly inspiring meltdowns in his time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYD6ZL0u7Ls

I had the chance to meet Phil last year when he was in Pittsburgh for a tournament at the Rivers. It was pretty late that night, and he walked through the poker room chatting with the folks there. I was very impressed: he took the time to chat with everyone that wanted to talk with him, took pictures with everybody, and struck me as a really cool guy - even as people were fan-boying on him pretty drat hard.

While I was shaking his hand, I told him that I had been waiting to ask him something. "Phil, a couple of years ago, I was living in Vegas. I'm driving over to Green Valley on 215, doing about 75, when I get buzzed by a Maserati like I'm absolutely standing still. License plate read "Poker Brat". You know anything about that?"

He smiled, then went right into his poker face, looked me square in the eye, and said "I know nothing about that" with no expression at all. Then winked.

Really nice guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread