Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
You can't just play the same starting cards everytime you have to mix it up. What position are you in? How many people at the table? Aggressive players or nits? There are so many different factors to determine besides just the starting hand.

I just recently moved to Florida and the play here is vastly different than Cleveland. In Cleveland a majority of people are super aggressive so I tend to play a little tighter based on position. In Florida they are all rocks and are sitting there waiting to die with their retirement money so I play super aggressive and steal pots with lovely hands all the time. I amaze myself at how many times I get old dudes to fold when I have nothing. In Cleveland I couldn't get bottom pair to fold and usually had to set a lot of traps and check call or check raise. Doing that also raises the risk of letting your opponent catch up to you or hitting his draw so it's very tricky. You should be constantly changing your play style so people can't figure you out. If you just play premium hands especially in a cash game then in my opinion you are headed for disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I prefer this play. Balls of steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2VkLJKfLYo

• Locked thread