Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johnny almond
Apr 20, 2009
you get the option to report it as impersonating a "Gamer"

who the f is impersonating a fat loser with hygiene issues lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

please stop impersonating me

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
reporting fake accounts? you loving snitch.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

lonesomedwarf posted:

please stop impersonating me

I'm just trying to figure out what it's like to be fat and have 0 friends.

johnny almond
Apr 20, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

you struck right at the core of me

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

lonesomedwarf posted:

you struck right at the core of me

lucky it was protected by so much fat

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

lucky it was protected by so much fat

mods close thread pls

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

H.H posted:

reporting fake accounts? you loving snitch.

please post more anon-confens

patent pending

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Nonviolent J posted:

please post more anon-confens

patent pending

I get a lot of requests for this and I would love to, but some of our higher ups have really thin skins (kinda unexpected given the circumstances), so I don't think it would go very far.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
stupid assholes, preventing fun keeps us in order

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

H.H posted:

I get a lot of requests for this and I would love to, but some of our higher ups have really thin skins (kinda unexpected given the circumstances), so I don't think it would go very far.

I think Lowtax is too busy with his new spawn to notice any personal cuckold confessions.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
When real gamers die the fake multiply

peace

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

The Ghoul posted:

I think Lowtax is too busy with his new spawn to notice any personal cuckold confessions.

that may be the case, but lately his mods have become way stricter and I don't have the :10bux: to spare

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

it takes 6 clicks to report spam on facebook, which is really loving annoying considering all the "CHEAP OAKLEYS" spam floating around

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

are the options just "gamer" and "other"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

im having trouble finding self-serious satanism facebook groups and it's kind of bumming me out.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Mark Zuckerberg bought The Escapist (that website that hosts Zero Punctuation), citing how much he likes Yahtzee.

So the reason is because Facebook's CEO is a greasy antisocial nerd billionaire.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I expect they're using the term to mean "someone who games the Facebook like/dislike system" :shrug: I've spent like ten minutes thinking about or looking at Facebook in my whole life and that was about ten minutes too many.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

johnny almond posted:

who the f is impersonating a fat loser with hygiene issues lol.

has millions of more dollars than you ever will
has more access to pus/cock than you ever will
plays video games for a living

lollin @ you being less successful than the video game guy

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Airborne Viking posted:

Mark Zuckerberg bought The Escapist (that website that hosts Zero Punctuation), citing how much he likes Yahtzee.

So the reason is because Facebook's CEO is a greasy antisocial nerd billionaire.

do you have a source on this? I can't find anything to back it up

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133393-Facebook-Buys-The-Escapist-for-90-Million-Update#&gid=gallery_2282&pid=1

The Escapist posted:

"There's only one video game website I check regularly," said Facebook founder Zuckerberg. "I really respect what Yahtzee Croshaw has accomplished, and I'm excited to see The Escapist grow once we get Facebook's user experience designers working on it,"

Google "Facebook buys The Escapist" and it's the first result. :confused:

edit: Wait, published April 1st, 2014. gently caress, I got owned.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 30, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Robo Reagan posted:

pus and cock go together like zit and face :circlefap:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lonesomedwarf is cool and strong and one day I wish to call him my friend

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I keep getting friend requests from obviously fake accounts the past few weeks. They are always generic names with photos of a guy on a motorcycle or something so you can't see their face. And reverse image search always shows it's a stolen image. I always report it because it's obviously some sort of thing someone is setting up to steal private Facebook info but Facebook never does a thing after reporting it.

The annoying thing is when I see the fake profile made friends with like 40 of my friends who were all too stupid to not click accept. The only thing is I can't figure out why they target a specific circle of friends, or what the end result is.

Another obvious sign it's fake is the Facebook name they use is always different from the permanent url for that profile (for example, the profile will say their name is Mike Jones but the URL to their profile is like Facebook.com/ray.green23)

johnny almond
Apr 20, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

Lol at you for the same.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i deleted my facebook bc they said they would track me without one, so i expect to begin receiving my event invites via post any day now

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I have two fb accounts, I use neither, fb is the still writhing afterbirth of aol, hth. *have, not am

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I once had a coworker who related making an entire small town's worth of facebook accounts and fake interactions as some means to keep from being stalked online?? I didn't really get it

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
i'm sorry i'm not familiar enough with your dumb facebook poo poo to know what the gently caress you're talking about without a little more context, take a screenshot for fucks sakes op come on man throw me a bone here

johnny almond
Apr 20, 2009

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

maybe it means it's created exclusively to play the facebook games? isnt there something when you beg your friends for bales of hay or extra lives? maybe they dont want people cheating

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I once had a coworker who related making an entire small town's worth of facebook accounts and fake interactions as some means to keep from being stalked online?? I didn't really get it

you'd be squaring his alibi to the cops by now if you had dipped your toe into that pool. what do you have against fun?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

This is pretty funny. The only thing I can think of is they mean "gamer" as in someone you pissed off on XBox Live and the person found your Facebook profile to harass you there? I can't think of anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Pretty sure it's for faked accounts so people don't have to bother their family and friends for their e-gold in Farmville or whatever the gently caress

• Locked thread