Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

gently caress me, nothing like waking up to find out the largest mass shooting happen just up the street.

My girlfriend is an entertainer in the gay clubs around here, and we know a bunch of people who were at Pulse. Everyone we know made it out, in the hospital, but alive.

gently caress me this is awful.

I lived about 10 minutes from Sandy Hook when that happened, and could see all the news helicopters and stuff. It's a weird feeling to be that close to it. Glad to hear your friends are mostly ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Since we mentioned the Sandy Hook "hoax", here's my understanding of it: A gas company wanted to run a pipeline through the neighborhood around the school. So to drive people out of there, they staged the shooting.

I found this out one day by googling the company's name after seeing it on a sign at a trail head a few towns over. I just wanted a trail map, but instead found a forum of people looking at satellite pictures of Newtown and declaring that the local corn maze was definitely not a corn maze.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I saw this redneck anti-tobacco campaign advertised on Hulu today: https://www.facebook.com/DownandDirtyVA/

I'm impressed because it's really annoying and corny, but half the comments on that Facebook page are talking about how their grandpappy dipped for 80 years and didn't get no cancer. I didn't know there were so many people who just don't believe in cancer.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

It's less that and more that the current height of comedy here is posting 'I'm Gay' in every thread.

I don't know, that word filter makes it pretty funny.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I saw Weird Al was playing down the street from me, then checked stubhub and found seats in the front section for $20. I couldn't not go.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

The Mandatory Fun tour? Went last year and it is awesome.

Yup! Definitely a good show. Plus it was fantastic for people watching .

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

Well it finally happened.

yesterday I was taking a poo poo at work and clearly heard someone eating a bag of chips on the shitter next to me :cry:

A guy in my office used to drink his coffee on the toilet. A little strange, but then he would set it down on the floor any time he needed both hands.

Oh, none of the toilets are attached to the floor very well, so I doubt the integrity of the seals.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Holdbrooks posted:

So I got a PM from MrChips today saying that I won as an answer to the sheep game question relating to a favorite project.

That's pretty awesome that so many people like my crazy Bosozoku truck, and crazy timing as I just saw since was I actually tinkering on the truck and such all day for the first time in forever. It left the confines of the storage facility for the fist time in 3ish years and even made an appearance at a local car meet. I will be posting a new thread soon since is at the house as of 30min ago. I should also have more time to keep up a thread I'm settled into the new job and taking more time off after I just payed off a bunch of student loans over the last year.

Thank you AI

Holdbrooks

Thanks for sharing your awesome truck with us.

If ExplodingSims and 14 ever get that truck out of the cornfield, that might surpass yours as my favorite. But it would still be close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

It's got Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman though. That's like 2/3 of the good stuff of the original.

• Locked thread