Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

60 Minutes review will say producer sacked over 'terrible misjudgments'
Internal Channel Nine review alleges Stephen Rice made a litany of mistakes, including failing to spot a CCTV camera at the location of the planned abduction

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Shooters and Fishers MP Robert Borsak, who previously revealed shooting an elephant while on a hunting trip in Africa, says he ate the animal ‘but not in one sitting’

Boooo lame

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

4 Corners is dead. edit wait no I'm an idiot

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:toot:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ewe2 posted:

I absolutely loved the environmental geography at school but it was a shock to realize just how dumb our infrastructure is, how thoughtless and wasteful and fruitless.

Same, but for human existence.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or if you want a laugh:

quote:

Many of the beachfront homes in Sydney's north — some of them on the verge of collapse after the severe storms — are not likely to be insured against damage from the sea, the Insurance Council of Australia says.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp stuck in Flinders station having a nice chat with cops after a racist got all up in my face.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Big fat piece of poo poo got all up in everyones faces telling us to go back to where we came from invading personal spaces and poo poo. His phone somehow ended up on the tracks :iiam: and im waiting to do a statement

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah i fell for some pretty blatant trolling and there was scuffling and now the cops are here while he's yelling at me to go back to my own country. Still the matter of the phone though so I guess i have to pay for that. Also crying like a baby while talking to the police helps even if it's somewhat embarrassing. And that hed been racially abusing station staff

Feel like i need a bath tho since he was doing full on body contact

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 8, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nono its me crying drat you hormones. Also he was trying to take my picture after i pushed him away from me so i "grabbed" "his" "phone" and "threw" it on the "tracks" in rage. So welp.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Horrifying holding cell im being kept in while they run my criminal history. "No helmet while riding a bike? Look at mr career crim here!" :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Starshark posted:

Have you told them you don't wish to create joinder with them? Have you asked them, "Am I being detained?"

No but the guy was grabbing me and yelling I RESIST YOU I RESIST YOU so i was really freaking me out. Apparently he's 'well known to us' according to the nice people here.

Just going to sign a statement then I am going to go home cuddle my cats a bit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks for the support guys. I'm home so I have good therapy:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If I was thinking clearer though I should have just put his phone someplace inconvenient, like the trash can or in my rear end, rather than destroying it. If I'd done that I'd pretty much be free to go. As it is police will be in touch but at worst I'll just pay damages.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thinking back on it now it was probably pretty funny to people watching because I jumped on the train, he jumped on, I jumped off, he followed. Its like the stupid hall of doors gag on scooby doo with an asian and a fat piece of poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:toot:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah they police probably already collected it. but if not and if anyone's passing through flinders st station, see if there's the remains of a white iphone on track 1/2 near the food kiosk and grab a picture for me.

Memorieeees.

Also is "I RESIST YOU! I RESIST YOU" some dumbfuck sovereign citizen poo poo or in some idiot racist legal mumbo jumbo bullshit? Because he was yelling that throughout the whole thing.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 9, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pokemon themed op for next month please

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann has backed Liberal Andrew Hastie's refusal to remove photos of his military uniform from election campaign advertising, an act of disobedience that prompted the Canning MP's sacking by the Australian Defence Force.

ahahaahh

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, yeah things do seem a lot worse now but I was wondering if I wasnt just mentally editing or ignoring homeless in the past.

quote:

The number of people sleeping rough on Melbourne's streets has increased by 74 per cent compared to two years ago, a City of Melbourne survey shows.

The StreetCount survey involved 160 volunteers, who took to Melbourne's streets between 4:30am and 8:30am on June 7 to count the city's homeless.

The teams recorded 247 people sleeping rough on Melbourne's streets — a substantial increase on the 142 people recorded at the same time in 2014.

The volunteers found 184 people sleeping in parks, streets and squats and surveyed 63 people who slept rough at day centres.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Strap yourself in for The Briefcase: Australia's most exploitative reality show.

Who's more deserving? A family devastated by a bushfire? Or a family whose mother lost both arms and both legs?

Mandy - who lost both arms and both legs to an infection - must decide whether to keep some, all or none of the money she's received.

The Briefcase is based on a US series, axed after poor ratings and savage reviews. Time magazine called it "the worst" of its genre, but Nine says the local adaptation is "fundamentally different".

I've seen both. The best I can say of the Aussie version, starting on June 20, is that it's less bad. Yet still appalling.

Struggling contestants on The Briefcase are overjoyed to receive $100,000. Then they see this note.

Cloaking itself with the genuine decency of its participants, it peddles the myth of "deserving" and "undeserving" poor. Instead of scrutinising the economic roots of disadvantage, it suggests individual acts of kindness as a solution. As viewers, we're invited to arbitrate awful situations as we scratch ourselves on the couch. "What would you do?" the promo asks.

For instance: should a quadruple amputee get new prosthetic legs? You be the judge!

Thanks Channel Nine. Thannel Nine.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/the-briefcase-is-australias-most-exploitative-reality-show-ever-20160608-gpert9.html

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also Sydney police confront lone knife wielder, 4 people end up with gunshot wounds. :iiam:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Surely the refusal of any insurance company to cover sea action have been a huge red flag?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Such a sad fall from the glory days of Raptorfag

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Build a special prison on a sandbank

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

Change ballot papers to circles, with text aligned along the radius such that there is no first position.

Use the vote compass to assign votes to parties

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Redcordial posted:

I made a formal report at the local police station earlier, regarding the vehicle that reversed into me and my motorbike yesterday.

I'm happy that the plates matched the description of the vehicle, and given it was a hit and run I'm hopefully, almost certain to be reimbursed for damages.

The plates were registered to an address in Ballarat... Maybe that explains why he was so uncooperative, possible UPF soldier??

On the reals, I'm quite happy that I memorised the plates correctly until I arrived where my exam was about to be underway.. what a loving day. I just hope I can get the money back for my destroyed tire and towing bills...

UPF dickheads managing to wreck quite a few days this week. At least you werent taking the train or trying to use the highway yesterday.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks. Feeling much better today. I was a bit 'Ugh I shouldnt have smashed that phone' but today is 'Hey at least I smashed up that phone' :v:

Anyway, rip jobs and growth

quote:

The great unwinding of the once-in-a-century mining boom is only halfway through and another 50,000 jobs are still likely to be shed, according to the National Australia Bank.

NAB's research found that mining investment is currently more than halfway through the investment cycle, while employment is slightly below the half-way mark largely due to the labour intensity of the big LNG projects in Queensland and Western Australia.

"Our models suggest that mining investment is likely to fall by around 70 per cent from its current level over the next three years - implying that we are currently just over halfway down the mining investment 'cliff'," NAB head of Australian Economics Riki Polygenis said.

"We expect approximately 50,000 more mining jobs to be shed, which is expected to bottom out in the next two-and-half years," Ms Polgenis noted.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wierd how all those trees at the top are untouched huh? :iiam:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw jeez poor kitty.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Greens majority parliment :unsmigghh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its not even a particularly interesting ponytar. Same one for a whole bunch of people. Low effort. Rating: D-.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh come on broneo nazi was right there

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

n
what is aussie culture exactly
n
n

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Recoome posted:

btw this is obviously from the UPF facebook page hahaha

Its like what the gently caress are they even doing having a facebook but at least you get idiots publically attaching their names on there for convenience

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-12/vote-compass-right-left-leaning-electorates/7501092

Picture of QLD being sawn off please. `

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mr Turnbull will promise to set up a $1 billion reef fund which will provide concessional loans for "clean energy" projects that improve water quality by reducing run-off of pollutants and fertiliser and limiting "ocean outfalls" from sewage treatment plants.

Speaking in Townsville, he said Australia should be a "role model in management of coral reefs".

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

STAGE A COUP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tasmanian idiot mp who posted 'GAYS ARE THE REAL PROBLEM HERE' apologized this morning.

With a 'Sorry you got offended'

• Locked thread