Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentF
May 11, 2009

Grouchio posted:

You mates seriously need state media reforms around so the press can actually have differing opinions for once. Talk about poo poo luck with that Tony short stick.
Are there no internet demonstrations and underground stuff trying to call the media out on this poo poo or what? Who watches the watchmen after all.

A bit late but basically a number of years ago Labor made some rumblings about reforms and then the below happened and then Labor backed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009

LibertyCat posted:

Muslim isn't a race, and I'd happily stop them coming into the country - at least from parts of the world where "beheading those who insult the Prophet" etc is a common belief.

He's going to lose because the average Australian grew up in a nanny state & hates personal responsibility, loves banning things, and your poo poo party was complicit in killing democracy with the senate changes.

e: You've also stopped good people like Ricky ever being elected ever again so congratulations there.

He's going to lose because the average Australian grew up with decent social services & hates underprivelege being treated like a personal failing, loves functioning government regulation, and your poo poo party was complicit in voters having control over where their votes actually end up.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
loving hell. This isn't even the first MLP avatar I've been cursed with. I don't even like the show!

AgentF
May 11, 2009
:smug: excuse me but if you notice the wings you'll realise that it's actually a pegasus looking like some sort of dickhead

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Hurf durf having a loving gun is the most important issue of my life and we should unite our vote to put that issue above all other considerations including the economy, social spending, climate change etc.

There are 1 million fans of Vietnamese pork rolls in this country. Let's unite our votes together to achieve some goal associated with this.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
What's the theory here? If your vote is exhausted before it reaches the right-wingers then doesn't it mean that the non-right wingers have lost anyway and been eliminated? In that case, wouldn't you want your vote to go to the least horrible right-winger?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
This year I'll be voting for Mandatory Euthanasia

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Early Vote HTV Trip Report:

- Xenophon volunteer was pleasant, criticised Liberal policies, supported action on climate change and refugees; I don't know why she wasn't a Green.

- Australian Motorist Enthusiast Party volunteer of all things. Shows up in a noisy, garish car. Hassles us Greens a little bit, I hassle him back, he calms down. Apparently Ricky Muir just opened Australia's first Tesla recharge station? Common ground on electric cars being good.

- Family First guy finally appears past lunchtime, disagreeable old man. Comments on the attractiveness of the Xenophon volunteer, said we only chose our candidate due to how attractive he is, comments that Sarah Hanson Young has been putting on weight. Quality of the volunteer reflects the quality of the party.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

LibertyCat posted:

I fully support Victoria and Tassie leaving. Cairns is already too much to the Left, I hate to think what living in Melbourne must be like.

You're no IWC.

You don't want to get on our bad side now that we have .¸¸.·´¯`·the subs·´¯`·.¸¸.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Refugee rally trip report: good turnout, SHY spoke well, dozen attempts to sell me Red Flag, only one "get a job".

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I ain't buying into the polls, considering how innacurate they've historically been even close to elections.

Also I don't think liberals "holding the bag" is a good outcome even for making them look bad. They will eeeasily spin any catastrophe as the fault of Labor and carry on unscathed. The best policy for running the country is to keeep the liberals out of government at all times.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

ScreamingLlama posted:

I've actually thought about ways in which secure e-voting (with real-time tabulation) could be done with minimal vulnerability, but they are far too logical and will cost money that won't be funding tax breaks for rich people.

Care to share your thoughts on this? I find e-voting to be a very interesting topic.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

ScreamingLlama posted:

What I envision is not really internet voting, but scores of voting booths connected by a multiplexing VPN with MAC address exclusion. The only devices that will be authorized to connect to this electoral network will be the screens themselves, keeping intruders physically locked out as well as electronically. Each touchscreen will be either equipped with a smart card reader (think payWave or similar) or just require each voter to enter a voter ID number into the interface to sign in and vote. Each voter ID is unique and can be cross-checked with the AEC VPN servers in real time to ensure that each person cannot 1) be marked off without having cast their vote, 2) does not try to vote multiple times and 3) have their vote compromised or erased. Any tampering that occurs within the system would likely be done by biased scrutineers, in which case the scrutineers would be the problem, not the system.

I thought of a way to address the problem of donkey voting and spoiled ballots, too: if you're one of those 'I think they're all wankers' voters, an option could be added to the e-ballots where you press "I don't know who to vote for" and be taken through a VoteCompass-style questionnaire where you specify your views on common issues and get a result on which candidate best reflects those views. There could even be an auto-vote option where the app says "Your views align best with MCSHIFTYPANTS, Crooked S. (LNP). Would you like your ballot to be filled out for you accordingly?" and pressing [YES] will mean your ballot will be filled out according to LNP preferences and submitted. Pressing [NO] would take you back to the ballot proper to be filled out manually.

Where are the votes stored and how are they transferred to the AEC? How is the software of the voting machine validated? How can one audit the correctness of the stored results while maintaining voter anonymity? How do you handle a voter claiming that the machine recorded their vote incorrectly, or claiming that they already voted while they claim that they haven't?

Who would choose the questions to include in the questionnaire and their wording?

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Starshark posted:

Looks like it's time to start building Liberty Prime.

I thought our thing was Striker Eureka :confused:

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Looks like an early sketch of a metal album cover.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Cleretic posted:

This troll would not be more blatant if he were green and lived under a bridge, and people still try to engage him. It's astounding, really.

Well have you seen house prices these days? He's lucky to have even that.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Just beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Oh God! What did we do to this kitten? Did we gas it?

• Locked thread