Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The summary of that transcript is that a state MP for QLD really wishes that they had political stormtroopers who fall under the Executive branch of government so the will of the LNP can be enforced. This includes implying that other MP's have committed illegal acts after being cleared through releasing confidential police reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

poo poo! Gimme a sec...

e:

better?

E C I O N

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/latrobe-university-withdraws-allegations-against-safe-schools-cofounder-roz-ward-20160603-gpbc1t.html

A better decision for academic freedom

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...02384fc460a80b2

lol if this triggers you

e: https://www.facebook.com/partyforfreedom.aust/videos/570297999806909/

Recoome fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 3, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

yeah it's more of IT"S AN OUTRAGE IT IS

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

you guys really loving suck at being not baited

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I am channeling Cartoon's layout with this post.

Everyone might have missed it, but on the 4th of June, the Party for Freedom (Nick Folkes' crew; cf. Cronulla MkII, picketing Halal conventions) held a rally against multiculturalism in Blacktown, Sydney. Unsurprising really, this dude barely gets a lot of pull these days, even within ultranationalist circles. It honestly seemed like a big wet fart so I didn't really try any follow up on it with my sources. Media accounts for numbers of Folkes' crew vary widely but I'd estimate (judging from photos) that Folkes' got about 13-17 people, with the counter protesters quite clearly outnumbering them. Eh

What the gently caress are they even protesting. The fat guy with the flag and sign (tracksuit pants) was spotted in Coburg bashing people with his flagpole.

A shot of the counter-protesters from the perspective of Folkes' crew

Taken before Folkes' crew arrived. Almost impossible to ascertain the counter-protestor demographics, although this one was heavily pushed by Antifascist Action/Antifaschistische Aktion.

+++++

In other ultranationalist news, on the 5th of June the United Patriots Front had a love-in at the Bush Pig Inn, Bendigo. This seemed to be a collaboration between UPF and the True Blue Crew (TBC), of Coburg fame, as the Melbourne Antifascist Info page claimed that TBC were doing roving patrols of the neighbourhood and accosting people. In any case, the meet-up only attracted probably attracted approximately 30 people. Have to remember that not everyone here was from Bendigo, so it's a pretty abysmal turnout for what is pretty much is/was Reclaim Australia/UPF heartland.

+++++

Overall, it's been interesting to see how the nationalist/ultranationalist right-wing groups have fared since their peak in 2015 after the Martin Place siege. Apparently the UPF are having a rally in Perth on the 20th of this month, but there doesn't seem to be an event up on Facebook or anything. The Perth UPF is notoriously aggressive, with the last demonstration attracting violence.

Recoome fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 6, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

This is going to be rambly, but I am studying from exams etc.

Over the past week or so, the United Patriots Front (UPF) have been experiencing some pretty severe internal discord, otherwise known as "The Splits". Amazingly, the divisive topic in this case is "How amazing is Hitler, right?" and you've got the :siren: Brisbane-based:siren: UPF associate Scott Moerland being a front for the "Nazis bad" position, with people like Chris Shortis representing the primary "Nazis good" position. This is obviously pretty ironic seeing as you'd expect QLD to have the shittier opinions, but here we are.

This current split nicely illustrates the geographic and ideological divide in the nationalist/ultranationalist groups existing in Australia at the moment. The UPF & crew are very much a Victorian group, with their maximum power projection to date occuring last year. Although they have expanded to Perth, they still have issues forming stable platforms in places such as Sydney or Brisbane, and this seems due to the fact that existing nationalist groups aren't neo-nazis/willing to tolerate neo-nazis. A great example is the Brisbane RA rally on the 22/11/15, where a few nazis turned out and actively hurt their cause with less radical supporters.

It'll be interesting to see how this impacts the nationalist/ultranationalist movement going forward with Scott Moerland no longer pushing the UPF's case in Brisbane. The UPF Fuhrer, Blair, is an ardent neo-nazi and so is most of the Victorian leadership so really I don't think they'll gain much further traction elsewhere unless we have some kind of terrorist attack or something. The Perth branch of the UPF seems to be okay but we can do a health check when their rally goes off in less than 2 weeks. Additionally, the UPF/TBC are holding another rally in the Melbourne CBD soon™, except this time it's more about flag-pride, or something. They've explicitly said it's not against Islam or immigrants so I can only guess they are trying to drum up more support because they are finding it hard to pull a crowd. Why they'd hold another rally in Melbourne is beyond me, the left-wing activist groups are super active and are now anti-UPF veterans so yeah might be a wet fart, might not be.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Anidav posted:

What about those who work in the shadows

The UPF website is down lmao

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Welp stuck in Flinders station having a nice chat with cops after a racist got all up in my face.

post more

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Big fat piece of poo poo got all up in everyones faces telling us to go back to where we came from invading personal spaces and poo poo. His phone somehow ended up on the tracks :iiam: and im waiting to do a statement

Holy poo poo dude, hope you are okay!!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah i fell for some pretty blatant trolling and there was scuffling and now the cops are here while he's yelling at me to go back to my own country. Still the matter of the phone though so I guess i have to pay for that. Also crying like a baby while talking to the police helps even if it's somewhat embarrassing. And that hed been racially abusing station staff

Feel like i need a bath tho since he was doing full on body contact

It's not trolling if he actually believes it, remember. Don't acquiese to anything you don't have to, if his phone somehow got knocked onto the tracks then v0v I mean he was pretty aggressive and you sound pretty shaken up by it.

This is pretty sickening, honestly.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Post pictures of crying racist person being oppressed cuck cuck imgay

Recoome fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 8, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Nono its me crying drat you hormones. Also he was trying to take my picture after i pushed him away from me so i "grabbed" "his" "phone" and "threw" it on the "tracks" in rage. So welp.

Wow gently caress dude that is horrifying

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Gotta make sure we have a legit victim here guys

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

adamantium|wang posted:

PNG cops are shooting protesting students in Port Moresby.

Yep, initial body count is approx 4 students

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

If I was thinking clearer though I should have just put his phone someplace inconvenient, like the trash can or in my rear end, rather than destroying it. If I'd done that I'd pretty much be free to go. As it is police will be in touch but at worst I'll just pay damages.

Honestly it'd be really lovely if you have to pay damages when a guy goes around harrassing people and gets his phone chucked somewhere while he was trying to ~photograph a person he was being aggressive to~.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Mm yessss this dumb racist person must be mentall ill. OF COURSE it's mental illness I mean what else could it be

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Kat Delacour posted:

I can't tell whether you're upset that I unfairly characterised mental illness or racism

Being racist or being a criminal doesn't mean you have a mental illness, and having a mental illness doesn't make you racist/a criminal.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

No sorry hang on, everyone who disagrees with me has schizophrenia/homosexuality is a mental illness.

yeah thats it

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Kat Delacour posted:

I don't think it's his ideology that is symptomatic of something not being quite right but rather the fact he hangs around a train station trying to starts fights over it.

This is the response to what I'm actually trying to say, so w/e. I wasn't trying to suggest that everyone with clinical depression is a secret racist or something, just that it's a loving weird choice of hobby.

it's a pretty pro diagnosis over the internet from a victim account

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

They're probably sick of you posting first dog on the moon all the loving time.

:eyepop:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

honestly the real joke is reality these days, makes you think

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

A chick posted this

Normally I keep particularly opinionated self quiet about certain things on fb, this is sure to start something but can I just say..
good man
Equality my dear ladies! It's a goods and services tax. They're a product.. End of story. So pipe the gently caress down equality. Just because we have a uterus dosent mean we should be exempt from paying goods and services tax on goods! don't like it you can get your tubes tied and take that pesky old uterus out and not deal with paying $5.99 once a month I'll say it again.. Because most women bitching about this use the next word more than most.. Equality! If you are pissed about there being gst on female products then you don't actually want equality(in which case you should pop back into the kitchen, pretty sure your stove is missing you) can't actually believe this is something woman feel the need to happen like .. Are you serious!? pipedown.
Women fought for our right to vote! And work! And have equal pay.. And this is what you're fighting for!? The right to not pay tax because you're a woman! #greatprogress #goingbackwards

e: emojis killed

Recoome fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 8, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Condoms are apparently a different story

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I mean she has a right to say it but lol

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Just remove your uterus nbd

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Also is "I RESIST YOU! I RESIST YOU" some dumbfuck sovereign citizen poo poo or in some idiot racist legal mumbo jumbo bullshit? Because he was yelling that throughout the whole thing.

Definitely, although you can't shout "I RESIST YOU" while assaulting someone.

or he's a pokemon

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

RACIST GUY uses RESIST YOU

It's not very effective. . .

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

What? TONY ABBOT is evolving!

Congratulations! Your TONY ABBOT evolved into a MALCOLM TURNBULL!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

What do you mean that my expensive house, built on sand extremely close to the ocean, was likely to be damaged by sand erosion :qq:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

:siren::cumpolice::siren:DON'T BUILD ON THE FIRST DUNES:siren::cumpolice::siren:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/740710918498045952

https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/740711151906918400

lol strong words after a strong drink?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

imagine being part of a military where you aren't allowed to exploit your military service for cheap political points

don't imagine guys, they're living the dream

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Wow if only there was a union for shopkeepers, distributors, and other allied employees.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Living on the edge of the ocean is a lifestyle choice. The government shouldn't be forced to accomodate for the lifestyle choices of a select few individuals

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

open24hours posted:

It shouldn't really be legal to buy and sell property, or at least residential property, that can't be insured. Either the government should become an insurer of last resort, or they should be zoned so people can't live there. It's in no one's interest to have people losing their houses.

This is a good post, although the flood thing in 2011 in Brisbane really hosed people around because although people were covered for floods, some people got flooded via water coming up from the drains so the insurance peeps didn't want to pay out for that.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Wow 1 million people disunited throughout Australia.

Faaaaaaaaaaaart

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I know the cat said he didn't do it, but he prob did cause it's sort of that level of burn (it's not really a burn at all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

V for Vegas posted:

Prison is a deterrent. The only penalty inside traders will face with a fine is a few years of bankruptcy.

Actually sorry this isn't necessarily correct. If prison was a deterrent, then no-one would really be committing crimes.

Also the current judicial system is pretty badly set up if it's supposed to deter people from committing crimes.

• Locked thread