Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Anidav posted:

I don't understand all this talk of a Green Liberal preference deal. To the best of my knowledge there isn't one and it just seems like a way of attacking the Greens brand by stealth?

It's all over the media and starting to trickle into ALP ads but I seem to recall DiNatalie ruling this out multiple times.

no matter how many times both sides say there's no deal, it's the narrative their opponents want so they keep at it. Also, SHY had a shocker of an interview on 2GB and now every numpty conservative is all over it pointing out how the Greens are hopeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

LNP are the best at economic management

starkebn
May 18, 2004

turdbucket posted:

The alternative is to let people like Di Natale take over the party from the top and move rightward, killing the party like nick clegg or the democrats here. Look at what Nick McKim did in coalition with the ALP in Tasmania for an example of what happens when you value unity and winning seats over grassroots democracy.

Where the gently caress does language like this come from? RDN has in no way moved in on the Greens trying to gently caress it up. He's intelligent, compassionate, knowledgeable, perfect for the job. What has he done that is so against Greens values that make him so different to Bob Brown?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Working as intended

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Anidav posted:

So the PaTH website turns out to be a LNP website that pretends to be a website for PaTH but really just sends your details to campaign HQ so they can ask you for donations.

"How low can you go? Sing-it-with-me-now! How low can you go?"

starkebn
May 18, 2004

That article has almost no correlation to what was being panicked about up thread

starkebn
May 18, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

and waste isnt an issue with breeder reactors.

How about someone / anyone builds a breeder reactor outside of testing conditions before we say how great they're going be.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

I dont think renewables are ever going to be able to meet the worlds power demands, at least not in the next few decades.

Is this your expert opinion? How about the countries in the last couple of months that have had several days with 100% of their power coming from renewables? Not perfect yet obviously but you don't think can get there in decades?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The fact it's written by indigenous people to showcase their indigenous stories might be part of the reason there's kind of an indigenous focus.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

starkebn
May 18, 2004

the most shallow understanding of the situation, good on her

starkebn
May 18, 2004

how the hell was he still in the ADF anyway? Obviously it's allowed but I would have thought there needed to be a separation between military and politics.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Isn't there something in the bible about this? This isn't a problem people haven't seen coming.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

What about the dirty Lib/Green deal though?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Wish Australians would realise it's okay to have more than two party's <<<

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Not that I'll be changing my vote to Labor but I thought that Bill was pretty straight forward with his answers on Q&A last night. I fell asleep at the end so I don't know if asylum seekers were asked about though (probably not, western Sydney lol)

The 'small business owner' complaining she wouldn't get a tax cut because she had more than 2 million in revenue(?) was a pretty good one.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

the last couple of elections in the week before someone has had a website with your state's voting ticket on it that would link to candidates websites / policies so you could fill it out ahead of time and use to vote on election day. Can't remember what it was called though.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

asio posted:

We shouldn't be kicking out or barring entry to anyone. Nationalism is a poison.

I basically agree with this, with the proviso that you make the repercussions for hate speech the same for everyone and then enforce them.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Recoome posted:

This was posted on the UPF facbook page

Eureka flag was used by migrants working in the goldfields not wanting to pay the British tax

Ned Kelly was Irish

Simpson and his donkey were actually NZ, random biplane in tattoo for ???

Bolt-action rifle was of British design

lol @ rigged-ship at the bottom, I guess nothing of value came outta this continant before British occupation amirite?

Simpson actually defected from the British merchant navy and served with the AIF, so was British.

The Australian emblem was also red until 1954, then Menzies made it blue officially because he didn't want a red flag (commies).

starkebn fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 15, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

yep, top show

starkebn
May 18, 2004

So a British MP was just murdered on the street, makes things here seem pretty small by comparison :britain:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I just logged in to see Hildebrand ducking out to Turnbull and Shorten shaking hands and Turnbull saying Hildebrand did a good job. I think I just had the best viewing experience possible.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The sad thing is the line about letting this mob have a go probably is a carefully researched and calculated line. And it will probably ring true for a lot of uninformed voters.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Does anywhere have a good printable lower house/senate ballots? I want to write up my voting plan but the aec doesn't have what I'm after. There was that site for the last election that (or the one before it) that let you practice and print. Is that up for the current election?

both senate.io and belowtheline.com are not going to be up for this election. The ABC website by Antony Green is alright though - http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/guide/electorates/

starkebn
May 18, 2004

the problem with the ad is no fault of the actor in it

starkebn
May 18, 2004

there is a massive excluded middle between open borders and concentration camps you fuckwit

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

On Triple J this morning. One caller paraphrased: "I support gay marriage as I have lots of gay friends, support protecting the environment, think there should be more funding for education as my best friend is a teacher and have always voted Labor. But for the past 18 months I've worked for a property developer so I'm voting Liberal as it's in my financial interest".

:argh:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Even Turnbull on Q&A didn't say the boats "weren't coming any more". They have always specifically said the boats aren't making it here any more.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Sammy J's show is the best political commentary this country has ever had

starkebn
May 18, 2004

This is slightly old news, and not being a money person I can't really see a problem with them taking off some of the excess money tied up in the fund to do something else, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

All I got out of that is she still votes Labor because she hosed a member once :shrug:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Zenithe posted:

to be fair, almost every libertarian I've ever encountered has been pretty poo poo at being a libertarian for various reasons.

don't think I've ever met one who was actually libertarian they're just all FYGM

starkebn
May 18, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Ugh, look at brexit and imagining Australia doing that but for gay rights is making GBS threads me

I can totally imagine a gay rights advocate getting murdered on the street here :(

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Pretty long bow to draw, if you just own the home you're living in and no investments that's hardly accessable wealth

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Yeah, even if you think you'll do a much better job than any Labor candidate you should only go after those nasty Liberals because apparently they're the only ones who've been attacking you?

Paul Keating was cool when he was laying down sick burns in question time, what happened Paul?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Chuck Tingle is the author the internet needs

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Libertycat your ideology is so immature it's ridiculous

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Skellybones posted:

We need F-35s to protect us from unarmed refugee fishing boats

F35s can't carry enough fuel to patrol our ocean borders

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Greens support 9 & 19 too :smug:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

:ironicatgrowinghuge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Maybe I'm missing what's homophobic about it?

• Locked thread