Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lloyd Boner posted:

lol Hendo is fighting Lombard, forgot about that.

I believe it's Hendo's last fight on his contract too. He says how the fight goes will play a huge role in if he retires/tries to sign with UFC again/explores free agency.

So I'm somewhat conflicted. On one h-bomb hand I hope Dan Henderson punches Hector Lombard's head off and it flies into the audience and blood gets everywhere. But if that happens there's a good chance Hendo doesn't retire yet. But I can't in good faith want Lombard to win that fight in any form or fashion. Soooo poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Lloyd Boner posted:

lol Hendo is fighting Lombard, forgot about that.

I hope the Nevada piss collector does his thing and stops this before someone gets hurt

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
There are rumors about hunt/jds 2 at 200

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dangersim posted:

There are rumors about hunt/jds 2 at 200

This is the article from the (terrible NewsCorp) website a friend of mine linked me earlier today.

quote:

AUSSIE power puncher Mark Hunt is preparing to jet to the US as he banks on a potential heavyweight showdown at UFC 200.
Hunt, who has returned to training on the Gold Coast, has revealed he is targeting a rematch with Junior dos Santos for the blockbuster card on July 10.
As the promotion builds a mouth-watering weekend of bouts as part of International Fight Week, the New Zealand-born “Super Samoan” has been told by UFC president Dana White to stay in shape.
“I’m still waiting on word but it should be not far away at all,” Hunt said of a possible appearance at UFC 200.
“I can’t tell you much more. I was talking to Dana the other day but that’s all I know.
“Maybe is all I can say. I was trying to get on the New York card (UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden), but we’ll see what happens.
The historic Las Vegas card already boasts the top-five heavyweight bout between Cain Velasquez and Travis Browne but Hunt remains on “standby”.
“I’ve just started training in the Gold Coast and I’m just tossing up whether to set up camp in Vegas,” Hunt said.
“Not knowing whether there’s a fight or not ... it’s just one of those things where I have to keep training.
“I’ll probably set up camp in America, have two weeks sparring and Bob’s your uncle.
“I’m just the fill in guy at the moment.”
Hunt will happily take on any of the top-five contenders — Velasquez, Fabricio Werdum, Overeem, dos Santos and Ben Rothwell — as he bids for a title shot with new champ Stipe Miocic but he is eager to avenge his loss at UFC 160 in 2013.
“I’ve already asked Dana if I can fight JDS,” Hunt said.
“I’ve asked for all of them. I’ve lost to all of those guys (above me) except for Ben Rothwell and of course I’m salty about the loss to Stipe because he gave over a hiding over five rounds.
“It doesn’t sit well with me and a rematch is never the same for me ... with anyone.
“I’ve asked the boss and I’m just waiting on a reply ... that’s all.”
Hunt, 42, admitted the loss to Miocic at UFC Fight Night Adelaide last May continues to cut deep, given the Croatian-born American used his victory to launch to a UFC championship.
“To be honest, I’m happy for Stipe and it wasn’t my turn,” Hunt said.
“I made the wrong decisions, I made the wrong calls and I didn’t cut weight right. It was nothing to do with Stipe, he did the right things and that’s why he’s the champion.
“That’s my fault. I made the mistakes and it’s up to me to make the right choices.
“I’ve gone back to the drawing back and I’m coming to get that title. I do think I can beat him, of course, and I feel I can beat anybody.
“It’s great to see the title change hands all the time, there’s never one dominant fighter, and it’s going to be my time soon.”
Having strung back-to-back victories and climbed to No. 8 on the heavyweight rankings, Hunt believes he’s in the form of his life.
“I’m getting a lot better,” he said.
“When I first started I didn’t have all that experience, but now it’s the other way around.
“Having all this experience makes training a lot easier, and knowing that I can beat any of these guys at the top end is a plus for me.”

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Looking at all the fights announced for 200 and there's not a single one that couldn't be main card at any other event

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't want to see JDS vs Hunt again. Hunt is always one punch away from a win but Junior is good at staying on the outside and I can this going the same way as the first match or JDS vs Rothwell. I'd have rather seen Hunt rematch Rothwell himself or fight the Turd Golem.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

they are going to kiss

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao that DJ picture owns
that's one deep, obscure pull by DJ, rofl

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I can't loving imagine how Mark Hunt would possibly want to fight Junior dos Santos again after the beating he received the first time. Mark Hunt owns.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

it is me. the man atom actually beat in a probation bet.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

This is the hyper violent imagery that made me fall in love with Jones the first time round.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ty1990 posted:

arguably more of a cross to bear than my excessive losses

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

woozy pawsies posted:

they are going to kiss

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The GOAT

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

cams posted:

is there context behind this amazing footage

child khabib couldnt win them all

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ewar Woowar posted:

I wish the UFC would use Dan Hardy more. He's a knowledgeable guy and is a good speaker.

http://i.imgur.com/ukGdOCI.gifv

People say that nothing exciting happens in flyweight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
imo cormier is in jones head because jones is tweeting trying to get people to support his theory that daniel thinking about jones, his upcoming opponent, is more screwy than looking at articles about yourself is. seems sort of dubious to me, I dunno

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I think it was in the unstoppable conference:

"Did you tell me to suck your dick JON JONES???? [pout]"
"Yeah?"
[pouting intensifies]

e:
Brutal Bob being Brutal Bob is always fun to see
http://puu.sh/pcuD4/e08b58b953.webm

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 1, 2016

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
hey pussy, do you think im just gonna sit there and let you balls deep me?

outy
Aug 27, 2004

My buddy's flying to Vegas from the UK at the end of August for the BJJ Masters. He was hoping to get lucky with the UFC scheduling. Is 202 likely to be in August, and if so, is it likely to be in Vegas? Seems to be a bit of a hole in the calendar after the glut in July.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

201 is July 30th and 203 is September 10th so it pretty much has to be in August unless it's the weekend before 203 which is fairly unlikely.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think it was in the unstoppable conference:

"Did you tell me to suck your dick JON JONES???? [pout]"
"Yeah?"
[pouting intensifies]

e:
Brutal Bob being Brutal Bob is always fun to see
http://puu.sh/pcuD4/e08b58b953.webm

"Am I the biggest pussy you ever seen and I should suck your dick like you told me Jon?"
"....uh yeah?"

It was a strange exchange and it went on a bit too long

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I don't think I've ever seen anyone handle smack talk as badly as Cormier in my entire life.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sharzak posted:

I can't loving imagine how Mark Hunt would possibly want to fight Junior dos Santos again after the beating he received the first time. Mark Hunt owns.

Mark broke his toe really early in the fight and it hampered his movement. Even then, he still got some shots in. JDS has definitely lost a step and Mark is in better shape than he likely was for their last fight. I think Hunt takes a rematch via 2nd round KO.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_zzFhHF5wU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I don't think I've ever seen anyone handle smack talk as badly as Cormier in my entire life.

I think you'd handle it badly if we were in Halo 5 (out this friday)

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

well, he hasn't attempted vehicular infanticide about it

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
dunc when is tkz back

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

SquirrelGrip posted:

dunc when is tkz back

his service is up in october and he's clearly staying in shape and in the game but who knows how soon after he'll be able to take a fight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

well, he hasn't attempted vehicular infanticide about it

P cold about old Cormier of all people

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Ty1990 posted:

Same

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dan Hardy analysis of Cruz/Faber is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op_anDE5BjY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
What's the point in being a fireman if you don't get to ride on the firetruck during parades.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Dan Hardy analysis of Cruz/Faber is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op_anDE5BjY

this is really cool, but the clip of the mighty mouse fight being played in reverse is hilarious

i'm a much bigger fan of hardy as an analyst than a fighter

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Hardy is probably my favorite color commentator after rogan

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 1, 2016

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My personal favorite thing Dan Hardy ever did was enthusiastically talk up how great Gunnar Nelson was doing as he steadily and methodically got his rear end kicked by Rick Story, but I am not sure that's actually a glowing endorsement of his skills as a commentator or analyst.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dangersim posted:

Hardy is probably my favorite color commentator after rogan

Stann?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think in those video analyses Hardy does better job than anyone at making it clear what you're seeing on screen and why it matters.

• Locked thread