Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I think in those video analyses Hardy does better job than anyone at making it clear what you're seeing on screen and why it matters.

Yeah and he avoided using the words sick or nasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

I like stann too but I like hardy better.

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this is really cool, but the clip of the mighty mouse fight being played in reverse is hilarious

lol. this is right around 20:45 for the rest of ya's.

Kenny Florini is getting better but he still has a bad habit of talking around fights. Stann is no doubt the best commentator but I hope Goldberg sticks around for awhile. He's a treasure to me.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

TheUltimateDoofus posted:

lol. this is right around 20:45 for the rest of ya's.

Kenny Florini is getting better but he still has a bad habit of talking around fights. Stann is no doubt the best commentator but I hope Goldberg sticks around for awhile. He's a treasure to me.

Goldberg's great because he's got that absurd promo-man voice even if he's kind of a dummy sometimes.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Frank Mir was a great commentator when he wasn't in love with one of the fighters.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Stann is pretty good, though I think his lack of technical prowess comes through when he's commenting on grappling exchanges — or not commenting at all, there are times where he just outright doesn't talk about stuff happening on the mat. He also makes weird sex noises a lot when he sees something like likes.

"Wow, let's take a look at that knockout again. Let me tell you Jon — sssssss, ooooh, wow — wow that's a huge shot.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Hey, any goons interested in going to UFC 201 in Atlanta? I'm gonna grab some tickets next week

I might be bringing two non goon friends.

Let me find out.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Hardy is a really good commentator. and its funny when people are shocked that he isnt mentally retarded even though he has a Mohawk, recreating the 90s scenario where someones mom sees an interview with Marilyn Manson and is suprised to find that he s a quiet nice boy

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Bluedeanie posted:

Stann is pretty good, though I think his lack of technical prowess comes through when he's commenting on grappling exchanges

It bothered me that he used to call body triangles body locks, which are a different thing, but he seems to have straightened this out lately. In terms of technical prowess I consider Florian a cut above the rest until the day another commentator bothers to learn the names of judo throws.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
As far as talking about technique and such I think mir was the best

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

you ain't got the skills to eat a nigga's rear end like me -jon "canibones" jones

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

manyak posted:

Hardy is a really good commentator. and its funny when people are shocked that he isnt mentally retarded even though he has a Mohawk, recreating the 90s scenario where someones mom sees an interview with Marilyn Manson and is suprised to find that he s a quiet nice boy

I recall quite a lot of vivacious hate here for the bemohawked man

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

manyak posted:

It's more that he's from Scab County and not retarded that is surprising to me

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Cool

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I don't even recall Jones fighting OSP and I'm pretty sure I watched that. :stare:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
There's a top 200 fighters show. It's a lot of fighters. Would yall be interested in doing one here that's like, top 100, or something similar? 200 is a lot and I think too much for people

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

There's a top 200 fighters show. It's a lot of fighters. Would yall be interested in doing one here that's like, top 100, or something similar? 200 is a lot and I think too much for people

that would be cool.

top 10 so far: anderson, gsp, aldo, chuck, franklin, dan henderson, demetrious johnson, dominick cruz, cain velasquez, uhmmm machida.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Something like that would need some good criteria to avoid slapfights. EG are we discussing "good at fighting" or "achievements" or "contributions"? Or some combination? Are we looking at a fighter's quality at his/her peak, or are we considering the career as a whole? Or is this just a rating of "here are the 100 fighters who new MMA fans should know about."

But it's interesting.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Mark Coleman

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
If mark coleman gets his rightful #1 spot, I think its a good idea.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
1. Mark Coleman 2. Matt Lindland

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bubba Smith posted:

that would be cool.

top 10 so far: anderson, gsp, aldo, chuck, franklin, dan henderson, demetrious johnson, dominick cruz, cain velasquez, uhmmm machida.

uhh, Jon Jones what the gently caress?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

CommonShore posted:

Something like that would need some good criteria to avoid slapfights. EG are we discussing "good at fighting" or "achievements" or "contributions"? Or some combination? Are we looking at a fighter's quality at his/her peak, or are we considering the career as a whole? Or is this just a rating of "here are the 100 fighters who new MMA fans should know about."

But it's interesting.

Criteria: good fighters that you like

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
1) R.Gracie
2) R.Gracie
3) R.Gracie
4) C.Gracie
5) R. Gracie

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

Le Saboteur posted:

1. Mark Coleman 2. Matt Lindland

uhh what the gently caress you forgot mark coleman?

edit: nevermind I see him

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
C) Mark Coleman

Detroit_Dogg posted:

1) R.Gracie
2) R.Gracie
3) R.Gracie
4) C.Gracie
5) R. Gracie

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
mark hunt

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'd like to keep it fun and loose and not really super serious except for if you place any asian fighters not named Sakuraba on your list, in which case your entire ballot will be thrown out

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'd like to keep it fun and loose and not really super serious except for if you place any asian fighters not named Sakuraba on your list, in which case your entire ballot will be thrown out

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I remember a few years ago someone (I think MasRafTer) organized a goon ranking system for each division, and I think the lasting takeaway from that is we are all awful and have wrong opinions.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Imanari is on every list I make. He's #3 on my top 5 albums of the '90s.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fuckin, yeah

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
1. Brock Lesnar
2. Fedor
3. Jon jones
4. Matt "The Law" Lindland
5. Randy Natural
6. Bartoc The Leaper
7. Nick Diaz
8. Nate Diaz
9. The pride lady who rolled Rs for a minute straight in everyone's name
10. Mark "The Hammer" Coleman

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Detroit_Dogg posted:

:swoon:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

1. Brock Lesnar
2. Fedor
3. Jon jones
4. Matt "The Law" Lindland
5. Randy Natural
6. Bartoc The Leaper
7. Nick Diaz
8. Nate Diaz
9. The pride lady who rolled Rs for a minute straight in everyone's name
10. Mark "The Hammer" Coleman

I see you sneaking GSP in there

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Gsp is a boring coward who was popular due to Canadian racism. I would never put him on my top 10. However, Bartoc the Leaper is a brutal criminal mastermind who also happens to be one of the best martial artists of all time.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gsp is a boring coward who was popular due to Canadian racism. I would never put him on my top 10. However, Bartoc the Leaper is a brutal criminal mastermind who also happens to be one of the best martial artists of all time.

Lol

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Poetry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

• Locked thread