Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ISIS should not be entering a UEFA tournament, their home federation is really the Asian Football Federation, AFC.

However it seems that they intend on gatecrashing our Euro party, and with the US State Department issuing a travel alert of US citizens, warning of the dangers of terrorist attacks throughout Europe this summer, this is the thread that will detail a late Euro 2016 entrant, ISIS or So-Called Islamic State.

Qualifying Campaign

ISIS have like most teams been preparing for the Euros since 2014 when they kicked things off in May with an attack on the Jewish museum of Belgium, killing 4 people with no home losses.

In December 2014 they had another qualifying match in France where an ISIS supporter drove his vehicle into a crowd of pedestrians in Nantes whilst screaming Allahu Akbar, killing one, injuring 10 and seeing the perpetrator arrested.

Their qualifying campaign was off to a slow start, some headline grabbing solo performances but to really be considered to make an impact at the tournament they needed a solid team performance to put them in contention for the Euros.

That performance came on January 7 2015 with the Charlie Hebdo shooting that saw 17 victims dead along with 3 dead perpetrators.

ISIS had a setback in Belgium later in January when two suspects were arrested along with multiple arrests of suspected ISIS members.

In February 2015 an attack in Denmark saw two people shot by a gunman who pledged allegiance to ISIS.

These warm-ups were really just the prelude to the series of coordinated attacks launched across Paris on 13 November 2015, which saw 130 innocent people killed plus the perpetrators.

It's important to note this was the first time ISIS actually attacked a football match, the friendly game between France and Germany at the Stade de France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsq3vTXgU7A

That evening three suicide bombers attempted to cause carnage at the State De France. The three suicide bombers all wore the same type of explosive vest, augmented with a special detonator packed with nails to increase the killing capacity.

The vests were loaded with TATP, a highly volatile organic, peroxide-based explosive. One was detonated outside a main entrance Gate D, after he was not allowed into the stadium, he killed himself and a bystander. Another blew himself up ten minutes later outside Gate H and a third blew himself up near the stadium outside a McDonalds.

It seems clear that suicide bomb attacks on crowds entering or leaving stadiums will be relatively soft targets, hence why the French will be deploying more than 90,000 police, soldiers and private security agents along with anti-drone technology.

The French have also been simulating attacks on venues.

Euros

There has been specific information found on the laptop of Salah Abdeslam, who was one of the Paris attackers of November 2015, which talks about suicide bombers, assault rifles and even drones as tools for causing death and destruction at the Euros. Specifically it mentioned Marseille and the Old Port which is an area where England fans will gather for their match against Russia.

It is fair to say that England fans will represent a big target for ISIS - they have not really had any major successes on English soil and this represents a great opportunity for them. The chance to kill some English and Russians at the same time when both country's governments have been bombing ISIS will be incredibly tempting for ISIS. French, Belgian and German fans will also be at high risk.

Not the Dutch though!

Authorities have thwarted several attack plots linked to or inspired by ISIS in France and Belgium since December 2015, reflecting an enduring jihadist support base within those countries. The ISIS network responsible for the Paris and Brussels attacks demonstrated resiliency and adaptiveness over past months through the ability of Paris attacker Salah Abdeslam to go undetected and the progression to the group’s first large explosive attack in Brussels on March 22.

ISIS likely maintains attack cells within France and Belgium and will continue to attempt spectacular attacks on soft targets in those countries over coming months in order to replicate the success of its previous attacks. European authorities may locate and detain some of this network through intelligence gained from Salah Abdeslam, but ISIS will likely balance this loss with new European recruits.

ISIS also retains pre-existing recruitment networks in Spain, Italy and the Balkans, as demonstrated by arrest patterns in 2016. This group will likely continue to provide financial and logistical support to individuals seeking to join ISIS in Syria, Iraq, and Libya. ISIS’s recruitment networks in Spain may increasingly orient towards Libya, where ISIS’s affiliate controls terrain and operates training camps.

The Euros will have been ISIS's radar for months, if not years and sadly I think it inevitable that some form of attack will be attempted. Stay safe goons who are travelling to France, every preparation will have been taken, but with the number of European based operatives it only takes one to slip through for a disaster to happen.

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

JFairfax posted:

Not the Dutch though!
lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
This thread is pretty racist its just as likely that white supremacists or gamergaters attack the Euros but no-one is making threads about that

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well unlike Gamergaters ISIS actually do something with their lives and follow up their nasty twitter rhetoric with action.

White supremacists is a good point though, is someone making a hooligan / ultra thread for the Euros?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only bombs that will go off in the euros are Ronaldo's 12 goals that will elad Portugal to the Euro Cup trophy hth

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

if portugal win i, for one, would welcome the sweet release of being killed by an improvised explosive device

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01QH7UlxtyU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I would be wary of attending the games due to this

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

JFairfax posted:

Well unlike Gamergaters ISIS actually do something with their lives and follow up their nasty twitter rhetoric with action.

White supremacists is a good point though, is someone making a hooligan / ultra thread for the Euros?

actually serbia didnt qualify but they'll get a nod in my Albania thread

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I think zika might make an appearance tbh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I think zika might make an appearance tbh

Nah Dunga didn't call him up

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

This thread is pretty racist its just as likely that white supremacists or gamergaters attack the Euros but no-one is making threads about that

I'm a racist and I'm a big fan of this thread.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
German police raided a few homes today an apparently robbed some young upcoming Daesh superstars of their chance to shine during the Euros

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
lol

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I expected more details about the players, but all told, not a bad Albania thread. 4/5

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

surrender posted:

I expected more details about the players, but all told, not a bad Albania thread. 4/5

Kinda hard to keep up with all those shooting stars tbh

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Big fan of the ISISMNT me. Some think their tactics are suicidal but one things for sure, when they take to the field you're in for some explosive action. They'll pepper the goal with shots. Just hope they don't bomb out of the tournament early.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I thought this was the Turkey thread.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
:regd08:

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Can't wait to see how many shots on targets these guys get

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Here's the 23 man squad ISIS has selected:

quote:

Goalkeepers: Andreas Isaksson (Kasimpasa), Robin Olsen (Copenhagen), Patrik Carlgren (AIK).

Defenders: Ludwig Augustinsson (Copenhagen), Erik Johansson (Copenhagen), Pontus Jansson (Torino), Victor Lindelof (Benfica) Andreas Granqvist (Krasnodar), Mikael Lustig (Celtic), Martin Olsson (Norwich).

Midfielders: Jimmy Durmaz (Olympiakos), Albin Ekdal (Hamburg), Oscar Hiljemark (Palermo), Sebastian Larsson (Sunderland), Pontus Wernbloom (CSKA Moscow), Erkan Zengin (Trabzonspor), Oscar Lewicki (Malmo), Emil Forsberg (Leipzig), Kim Kallstrom (Grasshoppers).

Forwards: Marcus Berg (Panathinaikos), John Guidetti (Celta Vigo), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint-Germain), Emir Kujovic (Norrkoping).

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Nazis are getting really pissed off that ISIS are stealing their thunder:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/06/ukraine-detained-french-citizen-plotting-euro-2016-attacks

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Prediction: Despite home advantage and what could be a spectacular opening to the tournament ISIS will not make it to the final

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
ISIS - Russia will be one hell of a match.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well ISIS opened up an early lead, but 2:1 isn't much to write home about when it's so early in the game:

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/06/14/07/24/man-takes-hostages-in-paris-suburb-after-killing-policeman-police-sources

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
On the other hand ISIS have taken MLS by storm

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

UP TO 200 missing Nigerian schoolgirls have been freed after over two years in captivity, after a hundred or so Irish soccer fans swarmed into a Boko Haram camp with a few bags of cans and a flag bearing the hilarious slogan ‘down with this sort of thing’.

The Irish fans had been attending the Euro 2016 championship in France, but had set out on the voyage to free the kidnapped girls after running out of sound things to do between matches.

“Yeah, we had fixed a few spare tyres, danced with a few French cops, serenaded a bus full of convicted murderers. We were running out of ways to be gas” said Sean Hanley, who just loves the craic.

“People were losing interest in us. Joe.ie had gone nearly a full hour without posting a video titled ‘Check what these Irish fans did at Euro 2016’… so we said ‘gently caress it, let’s go free them schoolgirls'”.

A spokesperson for the ISIS spin-off said that the arrival of the Irish fans was unexpected, but that their friendliness and love of song charmed the terrorist group into handing over the 200 Chibok girls who they had been holding since raiding their school in April 2014.

“A sea of green descended into our camp, singing ‘let them schoolgirls go free, let them schoolgirls go free, la la la la. Hey! la la la la'” said Kevin Boko, former member of Boko Haram.

“They got right in the middle of us, all holding plastic pint glasses of beer, dancing and hugging us. One guy did the worm, it was fairly gas alright. We were initially going to cut their heads off and stick them on spikes throughout the jungle to let Western people know that they are not welcome here, but in the end we were having such a good time that we said go on ahead, the girls are out the back. One of the Irish guys gave me his jersey. loving legend”.

Buoyed by their success in Nigeria, the Best Fans In the World™ will now travel to Israel to sort out the conflict with Palestine before heading back to France for Saturday’s must-win clash with Belgium at the Nouveau Stade De Bordeaux.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/20...content=Article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
ah yes

• Locked thread