Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
hes going to gently caress all those dudes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm enjoying Warhammer. It's cool that they really went out of their way to give each faction a different playstyle.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Tfw you flank through forest and emerge to absolutely SHITWRECK the enemy ranged units with cavalry surprise sex0r.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Medieval 1 still best TW game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I liked shogun 2 the best, the multiplayer was fun

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Medieval 1 still best TW game

i agree p-mack

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
P-Mack. What the gently caress up.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
How's Warhammer Total War.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

I liked shogun 2 the best,

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i got medieval 2 in a bundle awhile ago. is it good

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

the AI has some weird problems in combat but otherwise its fine. and hell, maybe they patched the AI to be smarter after i stopped playing

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

rediscover posted:

It's my favorite total war game, personally. Check out the stainless steel mod.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

these series is a total bore. what were they thinking

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Playing Attila

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

How's Warhammer Total War.

It's good, got a much smoother release than Rome II or Empire

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Orcs are fairly tough to manage... I don't think you're actually meant to control a lot of territory with them.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My only beef with TW: Warhammer so far is how most of the early game for humans and orcs always consists almost entirely of fighting other human/orc factions, respectively.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I've never played or read anything involving the a Warhammer fantasy setting before this and I think it's kind of neat, so I looked it up and apparently Games Workshop destroyed that entire universe and threw out all the lore and stuff last year so they could have an excuse to remove most of the factions and make a bad dumbed down reboot, and the only reason TW and Vermintide didn't get scrapped is because they were so late in development. Owned

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I've never played or read anything involving the a Warhammer fantasy setting before this and I think it's kind of neat, so I looked it up and apparently Games Workshop destroyed that entire universe and threw out all the lore and stuff last year so they could have an excuse to remove most of the factions and make a bad dumbed down reboot, and the only reason TW and Vermintide didn't get scrapped is because they were so late in development. Owned
The originals were also dumb.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

also th new rules give some units bonuses for like pretendng to be riding a horse or shoutng stuff in the middle of the game store, its hilarious

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It sucks to find out about these guys

and find out a minute later that they've been written out of the game entirely... Hopefully they'll be DLC in TW

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

midgame was really fucky in that game but it was very good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

these series is a total bore. what were they thinking
I used to play Med 2 a lot trying to work out why I wasn't really enjoying it. i never liked the battles but i kept thinking i should be enjoying it for the strategic layer, then i got older and wiser and realised i was looking for crusader kings 2 the whole time.

I did have some fun w Shogun 2 thogh

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

凸(`⌒´メ)凸

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
One time in med 2 I conquered the whole map besides America as the Papal States then gave everything besides Italy to the Aztecs and then reconquered whole drat thing all over again

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Games workshop was really unhappy they couldn't trademark "dwarves" or "elves" so they rebooted their game so they could rebrand them as "duardin" and "aelfs"

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Games workshop was really unhappy they couldn't trademark "dwarves" or "elves" so they rebooted their game so they could rebrand them as "duardin" and "aelfs"

From what I understand Games Workshop is super litigious and their legal team is like the Nazgul

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lol.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I got it and my lovely laptop couldn't really run it without melting,now that I have an actual rig I'm gonna go back to it sometime.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

They're called Aelfs, actually. Get it right.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Alfs

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That feel when you beat a 2000 strong force with a decimated 200 man force in a camp battle. Wow

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Playing Attila

Which faction?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lmfao

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I think the battles are the good parts of the game. They are a lot of fun in multiplayer.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Western Roman Empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
rome 1 was the first total war game i played and it's still my favorite

triarii!

• Locked thread