Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
You'd like Attila I think. Rome 2 was a steaming turd when I played it but I'm having a lot of fun with Attila.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Total War Warhammer is very good. Probably the best game in the series since Shogun 2.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think Rome 2's good now with the Emperor Edition but yeah Attila's definitely the better of the two.

Warhammer's amazing fun which kinda surprised me... I usually much prefer history to sci-fi or fantasy so I wasn't expecting to dig it too much but I do agree that Warhammer's the best one in a long time. I'm excited to see what other factions they add either with DLC or with the weird trilogy-thing they said they're doing. The Warhammer setting has a lot of factions that could be really fun to play since they're actually giving each one unique mechanics.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm glad to hear warhammer is good! Wish I hadn't gotten so into Attila now haha

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Average Bear posted:

I'm glad to hear warhammer is good! Wish I hadn't gotten so into Attila now haha

you see a lot of the lessons they learned in attila in warhammer so when you get around to warhammer there'll be some warm gamer hugs waiting for you

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I think Rome 2's good now with the Emperor Edition but yeah Attila's definitely the better of the two.
its better in that it the bugs are now smaller than the Bad Mojo cover art but it's still pretty bad

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I still don't like Rome II all that much but I'm glad they did a better job fixing it than they did of 'fixing' Empire, which after years of patches, is about the same quality as Rome II at launch. It really sucks that there are so few decent colonial era games.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I have like 190 hours in Empire, playing since launch, and only ever had one bug. Rome 2 had a few issues with textures not loading and frame rate being lower than what it should have been at launch but both were fixed in the first round of patches. The Total War gods smile on me.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i liked empire, maybe because i only ever played as the indian faction. generals riding elephants and riflemen with chain mail...

also it let me ignore naval combat, which is good, because iirc empire's naval combat was not good.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

https://my.mixtape.moe/mzumxk.webm

Korthal fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 8, 2016

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
#inspiring

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmao

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ive watched this about 50 times and i'm still laughing

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Games workshop was really unhappy they couldn't trademark "dwarves" or "elves" so they rebooted their game so they could rebrand them as "duardin" and "aelfs"

ogors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Meet my sons, Aiden, Duardin, and Aelf

• Locked thread