Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Just wait until you get to the Bank quest in blood and wine.

that quest owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

every day, andrzej duda throws away another sapkowski letter that just says "please give me the government witcher money too. please."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lots of great quests in b&w. the statue balls quest, the bank quest, the talking horse quest.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the fantasy world he created involves kids being stolen by riddle bargains and being repeatedly injected with drugs that probably kill them, only so they can grow up to fight monsters forever and have everyone hate them for it. he's probably not the happiest dude in the world.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Literary Agent: Those games are making your books sell pretty well overseas, Andrej, we will be rolling in Zloty.
Andrej: *Velen peasant voice* loving sod off, you pencil dick banker whoreson! gently caress!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he genuinely doesn't believe this, he thinks his books getting translated is what made the games popular, and he still has a confused old man belief that games *literally* can't have stories or characters and that the Witcher games are basically complex versions of Tetris or Pong which have his characters and lore as window dressing like having Batman on the side of a pinball cabinet or whatever. For a dude who writes trashy pulp fantasy he's insanely elitist lol

he should grow his beard out and go full bloody baron imo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

i beat the game. thought i got the bad ending. good poo poo. starting blood and win soon

have you done heart of stone yet

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HOS is my fvorite but B&W is a good way to end a playtrhough.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

at launch there was an exploit where you could slaughter infinitely respawning cows in White Orchard for their hides and make infinite money. when they addressed it in a patch , the notes just said "Added Bovine Defense Force Initiative" and now a massive overleveled Chort shows up and murders you if you kill too many cows. Also in one of the expansions if you're holding too much money a tax collector shows up and accuses you of "engaging in illegal rawhide trade in the white orchard reigon" or something lol

e: nm you mentioned the tax collector

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the best thing about the tax collector is he asks you three questions. two are about exploits and the other one is something like "have you ever just walked into a house and taken everything that wasn't nailed down?" and if you answer "Yes" to that one, he just lets you go instead of taking all your money because, hell, everybody does it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oxenfurt Tax Collector, Wandering into a Bethesda Game: Sir, you're under arrest for stealing everyone's weeds, crushing them up, and wandering around the continent selling 16,000 Septims worth of weedwater, and also for having some kind of a hosed up fishface.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I don't think there was ever a point where I felt rich. I was close in the vanilla game but eventually with the expansions between runes, master crafting, and the house, I was pretty quickly broke once again.

I spent all my money on real estate, grandmaster witcher clothes, and potions of clearance so that I would literally never have to choose a play style and could completely rebuild Geralt on a whim.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm near certain this is an ARG.

It's actually probably just the idiot hackers who tried to do the same thing to Netflix and Disney over Orange is the New Black and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

after their abject failure and humiliation in those two scenarios, maybe they figured "well, these guys will surrender, they're in poland!" apparently having never looked at history.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You better pay us or we'll... spoil the upcoming season of Orange is the New Black ohhhhhhh noooo lol

they literally call themseles "thedarkoverlord" but maybe it wasn't them because they seem to be focused on Steve Harvey's Funderdome and some local Doctor's offices in Colorado

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Witcher 3 is getting PS4 Pro and Xbox One X updates :rms: want to see how awesome Toussaint will look

Time to get into my NG+ file

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got this game recently. What are a few essential tips for a noob who hasn't played more then a few hours of the first game

your potions regenerate when you rest with a little alcohol, so feel free to chug your foul witcher drugs whenever you please.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah you almost literally can't grind in this game. like i was a little shy on $ for buying all the grandmaster sets at the end after clearing out camps and the only way to get money really anymore was to sell stuff (which was fine, i should have sold the 2000 flowers i was carrying for no reason anyway)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

funny Star Wars parody posted:

oh

ive been playing it all wrong

something like six of the ?s on each map are basically "here's a free skill point, enjoy."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

for a game like this with a billion crafting materials its surprising that its intuitive and organic. missing that one herb for a formula? just go to an herbalist. got a new recipe and it needs a whole bunch of poo poo-all of which i already have cause ive been raiding every house and box stack i see

materials can be combined in ways that are logical and easy (2x silver -> silver chunk2x -> silver ingot etc.) and you pretty much almost never have to stop and think about this poo poo. just explore. loot. skins? why would skins be used in alchemy? let me just sell those. sell-only stuff is all filed under junk etc. they went to great lengths to idiot proof some pretty heavy crafting elements

It gets just a little bit tedious at the absolute very, very end getting cured draconid leather and like two other things if you aren't paying a ton of attention, and you have to buy cordials once in awhile, but yeah, if you just do quests and loot everything you find, you tend to be fine for leveling, fine for cash, and you get all the diagrams you need and can pretty reliably make every potion, bomb, weapon and armor you want.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

th ghost also causes a plague that kills a shitload of people. nice goin geralt

like half the quests Geralt's options choices are something like "shoot a dog in the head in front of a kid, or a leshen will chug the kid's brains in front of his mother" and at the end, either way, he clears his throat until they stop weeping long enough to hand him his coins so he can ride away and gently caress his next sorceress.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

theres actually an awesome payout via a quest if your gwent deck is powerful and your skills up to par

there's also a fun quest in B&W that has a bunch of drunk, violent dwarves angry that somebody is ruining gwent by adding more cards.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think the endboss of B&W can OHKO you even through Quen. It is pretty OP though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol @ touissant getting the ken doll treatment

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

An accurate depiction of the Statue Balls Quest.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Wild Hunt kind of suck lol

yeah.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BBJoey posted:

i hope cyberpunk 2077 is even close to as good as witcher 3

they seem to be putting a lot of effort into it and they got a lot of grant money, so the odds are in its favor.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I got the ability that lets food stay active for 20 minutes. this changed everything.

I saw some scrubs on /v/ saying it's hard to find enough food to stay alive on blood and broken bones. they suck, I find food everywhere.

this game is so good

*veins throbbing in my face, breath smelling like raw dog meat and pure alcohol, dressed in the donkey ears and weird glasses* Hello, Novigrad, I'd like to buy a whore please.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Just play 3 again, in New Game Plus, and choose all different choices.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dunno if I'll ever replay this and it makes me kind of sad

I'm sure I'll get back to it. One day when I have a long white beard and one or two marbles rolling around upstairs.

"Get busy gamin', or get busy dyin'."

-Vesemir

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Heart of Stone is so good that it is better than the main game IMO and Blood & Wine is just a great way to end a playthrough. It celebrates and laughs at the entire experience of the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i just got to the main city in b&w..holy poo poo this is a second game's worth of content easily lol

e: shame i dont care about gwent, there seems to be a lot of stuff for it. the bartenders all have like 100 different cards in stock

The B&W Gwent stuff owns, it's about some guy trying to introduce new cards to the game and a bunch of grognard dwarf nerds getting furious that he's ruining the game forever, then getting drunk and starting a brawl.

make sure to do the bank quest, the quest you get by negotiating for potatoes, and the one with the statue

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

143 hours over 2 play-throughs. First one vanilla, second with both DLC's. I'm not really a completionist though, so there are lots of quests I missed or skipped.

I swear I probably have 143 hours just clearing out smuggler's caches, lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

all of skellege for me is covered in question marks. i need to get on it

You're going to spend like a third of the game getting the water ones if you do it and probably die of Killer Whale overdose and go deaf from siren screaming.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only thing in the game probably not worth doing is the ?s actually in the ocean in Skellige IMO, even the ones in Velen, Novigrad and TOussant are at worst a fun little raid and a best a quest that would suck to miss.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

IMO it's almost more fun to just walk up to someone and they say something like "Geralt! You swine! If it weren't for your meddling, I'd be Queen of the Witches" and then, ten minutes later, you are loving the person.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

1 is fun and has some really surreal bits due to the low budget and janky nature. The best part is when you go to a party with Zoltan, Dandelion and Shani and you're all reminiscing about the past. It's supposed to be a special heartwarming chillout scene because Geralt has amnesia and this is the first time he's had the chance to settle down with friends and have a drink since he came back from the dead. Instead it's a nightmarish David Lynch situatiuon where ominous music keeps playing for no reason, everyone stands around with bulging eyes not talking to each other, Dandelion sings a song badly while the background music keeps playing and nobody acknowledges him, Shani's grandmother has a fixed 50% chance of throwing you out of the house every time you go downstairs because they forgot to turn that script off for the party scene, and Zoltan rumbles around roaring "PICKLES, GERRLT, WE HUV TAE GET SOME PIIIICKLES AND BREAAAAD" while the screen swims in and out of vision

That's actually just how people party in Poland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Butter Bean is that GBS dude who always posts "man I'm real chill most of the time, like real quiet and cool and a chill guy, but when I get angry, you just better watch out!"

• Locked thread