Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

AgentSythe posted:

I have no idea if that is really correct, and even if it is, I will not write it that way

I support you in this endeavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Tim Raines IRL posted:

thoughts on Eldritch Evolution in Elves? In a typical Natural Order build, it seems really, really bad -- but in Chaos Elves, it's another way to find a t2/t3 Teeg, and just as importantly, we can still cast this with Teeg on the board.

It's also a nice finisher to grab a shaman of the pack if you have critical mass.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

suicidesteve posted:

...and now there's no viable aggro decks. So we traded a bunch of decks for one deck which would still be perfectly fine without a 1 mana Wrath.

Holy crap it's amazingly obvious that you play Miracles.

I play miracles now. It's hilariously fun.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Snacksmaniac posted:

The only reason to go to North Carolina is for the greatest fast food business model ever, Cook out.

I really don't want to go to Kentucky.

I do. Bourbon tour time!!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
I'm ting to see if a UB or Grixis delve-emerge deck can work in modern. Turn 2 tasigur/angler into turn 3 elder deep fiend on their upkeep seems pretty good.

I'm curious as to if it can actually work.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Walked posted:

Ready to buy into legacy and am 100% torn between Infect and DnT.

Death and Taxes seems super fun, but I'm not certain on where its headed with CN2; it seems like it could really shift upon release, and DnT lands could skyrocket, too
Infect; I own all of Modern Infect so this is relatively easy to buy into. I like how Legacy Infect plays a LOT more than Modern in playtesting.

I'm very much about competitive decks, and I liked both of these in testing, and both have a similar buy-in with my inventory.

Help me goons.

Berserk just tanked to under 30 bucks.

Legacy infect.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but Dazes and Brainstorms are like a quarter each. I'm talking cards you actually have to spend money on.

Those are the only vcards that cost anything though. So it's okay.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

That means you will play against dredge zero times.

That's okay thou, plenty of modern decks use their graveyards.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

If you ask me, Abzan is better positioned right now than Jund is.

You just hate Jund

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Yeah but he's actually right, enough people haven't figured it out yet though.

Access to anger/pyroclasm/KoCo/bloodmoon is pretty good though. Low cost sweepers is pretty useful as well as two for ones.

I think modern sucks balls but I'm more of a jund fan than an abzan fan.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

L0cke17 posted:

Good man.

I'm trying out a 5 color Pyromancer list with Leovold and new Thalia. It seems marginally promising. Not sure it's actually good (it isn't) but it's really really fun. After 3 years of miracles straight I'm getting bored of counterbalance.

When I get tired of miracles I switch to Lands.

Make a 20/20... Attack you for 20 is just different enough to be cathartic.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Soul Glo posted:

What'd the rest of your lands look like? This is what I'm referencing; Pascal just has 2-of Mountain, Sacred Foundry, Copperline Gorge and Stomping Ground. Brandon Burton's GP list drops a Mesa for a third Foundry, what'd you run with just the two Windswept Heath?

I ran 19 lands with 4 foothills, 4 mires, 2 mesas, 2 foundries, 2 stomping grounds, 1 cinder glade, 4 mountains.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Cinder glade seems kinda bad, you want all your lands to come into play untapped in the first 2-3 turns. Copperline gorge or even another stomping ground seems better imo.

I used it as a fetchable non pain dual. Worked good turn 3-4 against aggro decks. I rarely drew it.

also we have 2 jackasses running land destruction and surgical as a deck. So not losing all my green to a ghost quarter surgical was a thing.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 20, 2016

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

C-Euro posted:

Don't get me wrong, I was just making sure it still wins the way Gifts decks usually do. Looks like fun.

Yeah I'm going to have to put is together and play it.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
alright im done with Miracles. I own all the peices for it finally so it's being retired for now. Im playing Jund today at the tourney for a mox.

the new question is... finish Lands or finish Shardless. They would both cost about the same.

caveat: im not buying a loving tabernacle

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Sigma-X posted:

Shardless. Budget lands isn't a deck worth finishing.

it wouldnt be budget per se, just no tabernacle. The card isnt worth it to me for that kind of cash.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

standard.deviant posted:

No Tabernacle Lands is budget, that's about half the cost of the deck.

thats true but there is an actual budget like lands build going around with no ports and tireless trackers

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

The March Hare posted:

I play lands, don't play this deck without tabernacle.

I have played lands for the past year with my buddies tabernacle. I'm okay dropping a few games and not spending 1k on a single cardboard.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Mezzanon posted:

Just play infect and goblins like noted cool guy, me.

Not going to lie all I need is the trops for infect and I am sorely tempted... but I would feel bad about myself for playing it.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Don't know if anyone else cares about GW hatebears, but I'm thinking Renegade Rallier could take up a slot or 2 in the deck. 3 cmc is the sweet spot in that deck but his ability to get back ghost quarters and about 40% of the decks creatures seems nuts. Resto angel, displacer, and flickerwisp blinking him means free GQ or horizon canopy, which is the kind of grindy value that deck wants.

Also saw it suggested that he combos with Saffi Eriksdotter, but aside from being hit by collected company it's nothing reveillark didn't already do. You'd either have to play a 4 card creature based combo or use blasting station to win, and those options don't seem better than the normal Melira/anafenza options.

You can evolve a bird into this guy if Saffi is in play and you have a sac outlet. So the combo is easier to set up. I am buying 4 to see how many I will need in my Naya toolbox deck.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
yeah the extra cost of saccing isnt a trigger like miracles its part of the casting cost, so you were incorrect there. on the other hand if dude was worried he should have called the judge, who could have answered that question very quickly.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Star Man posted:

Unban every card in the game and ban all Magic players.

this is the correct opinion.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
my newest annoying as gently caress legacy deck is amazing.

its a total joke concept where you eun a prison deck then all you do is jam wheel of sun and moon and grindstone, go into an infinite loop and draw the game.

over and over and over and over and over.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

eSporks posted:

You take that back buddy. Doomsday will be referred to as nothing less than "The Best Deck", this is followed closely by Nic-Fit.

Nothing in this thread is as true as this statement.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

C-Euro posted:

I can't even tell what the combo actually is here. Repeated triggers of Door?

in this beautiful and amazing thing you keep giving the opponent a door to nothingness with infinite mana and make him kill himself with it. if he tries to kill you you reset the battlefield and do it again until he kills himself.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

EvilBeard posted:

The Tabernacle is at the post office. Tomorrow, she is complete:

That's all I am.missing for traditional Lands and I can't bring myself to buy it.

Even making over 6 figures these days I just cant make myself spend the money on one.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
One of my buddies is selling his collection. Already off loaded two sets of power.

If anyone is looking let me know and I will put you in touch.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

L0cke17 posted:

Why? I really want to get my own power, but I have to pay for a honeymoon next week. Any chance theyll still be available in a month?

Because he got married!!

He is keeping a set of everything but selling his extras. Stuff will probably be available for a while. It's not like there is a huge market.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Soul Glo posted:

So, uh, how many extra sets of power does your friend own :stare:

I think 4 whole sets and some randoms.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mehall posted:

Just play Breakdast Burrito aka Oops All Spells.

It's great against anything without Force of Will, and should be reasonable against the Chalice decks when on the play.

The obvious answer is to play Doomsday .

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Lawnie posted:

The real question is: are they ugly enough to be cheap so I can buy them?

No because people are stupid.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Yep.. It's time to move toward UW D&T style deck. No reason not to use all my left over cards from miracles.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Johnny Landmine posted:

I get that that was part of it, but I also think it's dumb to ban a card because some people are bad at Magic.

Also not that I doubt it happens but geez, did I just luck out and get the only local scene where almost everyone could Top in a reasonable amount of time?

Most people exaggerate how many people just durdle slowly with top. It's easy to complain about.

I find after a month or two most miracles players speed up to normal speeds.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Well with Miracles dead I'm thinking of making a bant control-ish list running the usual suspects.

Force
Snap
Daze
Brainstorm
Ponder
Jace
Noble Heirarch
Tarmogoyf
True name
Etc etc... see how it plays.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Sampatrick posted:

Abrupt Decay seems worse in a format without Counterbalance. It will likely be trading down a lot more and there might be more TNNs, Anglers, and Tasigurs that make Decay look real silly. I wouldn't be surprised if Deathrite decks got a bit less popular with less incentive to be an Abrupt Decay deck.

Nah Blood moon decks are going to run rampant. Abrupt Decay is the only sure fire answer to that card.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

L0cke17 posted:

It's pretty necessary. The opponent has nothing to do with their Mana but attack, since blood moon isn't like back to basics, so it's probably not gonna work. That said you could play 2-3 back to basics and maybe it would work? Sphere itself is pretty bad though, as you won't have that many enchantments in play usually. Moat+humility is the real best thing with the list.

Not actually that necessary this list. You *could* play shocks or the new two or more basics lands if you had to and it wouldn't hurt you except one in ten games probably. I don't even fetch a dual in the average game. I did try an esper list with leyline rip and helm, but it was real bad.

Look again, there's 2. Keranos is always better than the third imo especially with e-tutor. But the fourth is better than the second keranos.

Pretty sure he means he needs to buy 2 Jace

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Pontius Pilate posted:

Went 4-0 at the weekly modern tourney at the LGS with grixis death's delver. Got lucky in my matchups: beat jund death's shadow, abzan company, naya bushwhacker, and elves in the finals. Got $40 in credit.

Since adding the death's shadows I've gone 3-1, 3-1, 2-2, 4-0, and top 8 at a GPT. Mostly more casual events but at one of the spikier stores in town with players usually playing real decks. Ignoring my twin (rip) break, it's the best delver deck I've played since treasure cruise (rip) was legal.

What's your list?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
So possible fun modern deck based on 42 land Swans.

With Shadow of the grave you can discard all your lands, get them back and discard them again. I think I might try making a grixis version of it for giggles.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

C-Euro posted:

You probably saw it but SaffronOlive did an article on this deck a couple weeks back. Phone posting so I don't feel like linking it but it should still be up on Goldfish.

Yeah that's the one im talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
You know with that shadow of the grave card doomsday may actually be playable. Have a good hand, cast this thing and crack an LED in response you discard your hand, get the mana, get everything back, play Doomsday and make the stack with cards in hand.