Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I 2nd Spirits because of flying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Get yourself a choke and let the real hate in

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Don't forget Search for Azcanta as well.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

man I wish all my cards smelled like dill

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mezzanon posted:

I’m painfully hung over. Time to play a modern mythic champion qualifier in Calgary I guess

Spirits or something spicy?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mezzanon posted:

That guy was just out for some good clean magic. I even misplayed and let that innistrad common that’s a pacifism on non-humans resolve on my queller when I had a kira in play because I was so confused that someone was playing that card.

This person is is a real hero, and please say they were playing Gather the Townsfolk and Thraben Doomsayer like my first ever standard deck.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

play the good one

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Elyv posted:

I randomly stumbled across this list and I want to share it with y'all because hoo boy it has some cards

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=21988&d=348376&f=LE

This person is cheating or too lucky to be alive

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ShaneB posted:

I guess I should be more clear that it is him, personally, and his "edgy" content that irks me to no end.

Combine that with his vocal group of fans and I get a little titled.

He is good because he is the only person left on Youtube who can do a 15 minute video instead of a 90 minute slog.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

2 Plague Engineer
2 Choke
1 Thrun, the Last Troll
2 Collective Brutality
2 Ancient Grudge
4 Leyline of the Void
2 Surgical Extraction

If I knew that Tron was not going to be a presence at an upcoming MCQ, and that UW control would take up around 1/3 of the field, would this work? I've decided to just say I'm losing to Tron.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

lol Venser isn't even Future Sight foil, what a scrub

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ShadeofBlue posted:

To be clear, in the rules back then, it was still "play" spells, not "cast" them. Eventually they realized it was confusing to have play mean so many different things (they also used "in play"), so they started using the terms "battlefield" and "cast."

Now I believe when they use "play" for those kinds of effects it is done so you can cast spells and play lands exiled from the same effect, but if it just says "cast" then you can't play your land for the turn from that pile.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

pee pee doo doo modern is a bad format

I went 3-0 again playing Vannifar Pod, that means there is hope

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mezzanon posted:

A friend of mine just prized a recent f2f event with this absolute pile https://www.topdecked.me/decks/6f7da0cf-25a7-4785-b912-f2353f8a3df3

Well that is a pile and I am shocked, shocked to see broken cards somehow winning despite of themselves

edit: deck looks fun and I would try out some kind of 4c snow pile as well. Seems rad

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 27, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

as garfield intended

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I would play these

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

YggdrasilTM posted:

Isn't the format dominated by UR aggro

Yeah but the wrong kind, meaning the deck I played 7 years ago isn't good anymore

edit: I mean I get this as well, and when I ever get to play modern in paper again (fat chance with a new baby) I will try to jam 4 Bobs in my deck even if they are bad now

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

never heard of those

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I played magic in paper twice since my child was born and the last time my mind was so broken I played goblins in modern not even remembering how to do the combo. I went 2-1 and that was the last time I touched a card to play, 6 ish months ago.

Coincidentally by not playing alot of magic I feel like I have alot more money for baby stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-Euro posted:

A fun branching point in the timeline of Magic that I like to think about sometimes is the fact that Blood Moon was put in Eighth Edition because of a fan poll on Wizards' website 20 years ago. Can you guess what other piece of red nonbasic land hate it was up against? That's right, Dwarven Miner lmao

They should have just printed both, win/win for everyone!