Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

What, do you play U Tron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Is anybody here into Canadian Highlander and would want to play on XMage? My friend who plays won't have a new computer for at least a month.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

My friend is trying to position himself to get Death and Taxes whenever they reprint Rishadan Port, but he's really into cryptocurrency, so he's probably also an idiot.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Full time Ponza player, part time lover. The key to Modern Ponza is that on average your opponent's deck will be super soft to Blood Moon, if you land T2 Moon on the play you've effectively locked them out of casting their spells. This achieves the endstate of LD with a much greater degree of efficiency.
Game 2 is where things get interesting as unless they're Tron or Bant Eldrazi or another deck that simply cannot beat a resolved Moon you get more mileage out of Blood Moon by siding it out and making your opponent play around it anyways.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I think I'm going to play Miracles this week, but I might sleeve this up to. It's "cards I have laying around BBE ponza", I am missing some of the usual pieces. It's a little bit of a glass cannon, but pretty hateful.

Missing the two greatest 5 drops: Stormbreath Dragon and Primal Command.
I also wonder on the utility of LD lands in a deck trying to T2 Blood Moon.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Running BBE Ponza with Plow Under :getin:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-03-18-OBk-bbe-ponza

I probably should be using my sideboard slots better, but I'm afraid to let go of old friend and I have no idea what the store meta is post unbannings.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

You, an idoit:

poo poo is weak posted:

Pro tip: Sharpie the boarder to maximize value.

Me, an intellectual:
Use Whiteout to turn all your black borders white.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Petal Primate :colbert:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I don't know why one would drop Thalia.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

There's an Infect deck in Legacy? :v:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

legalize canadian highlander :350:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I need help picking decks for Eternal Weekend. I love creature combo decks in Canlander because their plan B is just to turn creatures sideways, but it seems that it's not a very good plan A in 4-of formats. The last time I played Legacy I played Eldrazi post, but that deck seems to be out of favour if I glance at MTGG. I've also put a few reps on Cephalid Blade in like 2018. I guess I'm really stuck on what I want to play in Vintage. I don't really like Dredge and I don't see a compelling Rec Sur deck which is where my true passion lies.

Edit: Just let me play Flash Hulk cowards!

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dark-bant-oracle-walk-2/
So this is where I got to in attempting to brew creature combo. Gameplan is stick Spellseeker and then either Time Walk lock or tutor out Oracle combo. It probably lacks enough resilience or interaction to actually hang, but I was hoping yall could help.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think if you're going for an oracle gameplan you might as well be playing some variant of doomsday. I think it's the best deck in the format right now. There was someone who cut all the doomsdays from their list, and played Divining Witches instead managed to top 8 a couple of challeneges.

I'm not sure I have the time or mental fortitude to learn Doomsday in two weeks. At least in Highlander the stacks take some learning. I'm trying to play what I like and just get a few more percentage points. Like I added a few more draw spells the last revision.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Shrecknet posted:

stumbled across this in the wild, lol'd heartily and thought of ya'll

Thank you. I got at least 30 seconds of joy from this.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I miss making 3 colour control decks scoop to turn 2 Blood Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Orcish Bowmasters are real and they're good

Yeah lol wtf

Probably doesn't do anything in formats where it's legal but turning opponent's Brainstorm into 3 pings and Amass 1 Orc 3 times is kinda hilarious. Might go in the BW version of D&T that never seems to be better than mono white in Canandian Highlander.