Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Bonus posted:

Good point actually. I still think it would polarize the metagame around Jace though. It seems like the best way to beat Jace (if you're not playing your own) would be to effectively win by turn 3.

suicidesteve posted:

So business as usual except you're finally have an incentivize to play a deck that tries to get to turn 5.
I was gonna say what steve said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Caleb did a banned series on Jace. I will watch it when I get home from work. Granted the meta is way different now.
https://www.channelfireball.com/videos/the-modern-banned-series-finale-bloodbraid-elf-vs-jace/

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Ban all formats that aren't Vintage or Cube Draft.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

:yeah:

But I also like EDH and Modern and sometimes even Standard, and also drafting.
The only reason you like EDH is because its fun to play sick rear end cards, which you can do in cube! No one like standard, quit fooling yourself. As for drafting, see cube.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Tim Raines IRL posted:

just played my build of RG Bees on xmage (though running Blossoming Defense instead of 2x Volcano Hellion, because Xmage seems to lack that card for reasons unknown).

G1, my death and taxes opponent taxed and killed me out of the game.

G2, t2 blood moon let me pick up some tempo, then blossoming defense in response to a path on my hornet's nest, untap, blasphemous act with impact tremors, in for 13 with 13 bees made.

G3, super grindy. Also stabilized behind a blood moon, but it was quickly blown up. Took a bunch of damage from a 3/2 wingmare, eventually kill it, chord two turns in a row for hornet nests, then xenagos into blasphemous act, 26 bees woop woop.

I really don't care if I go 1-3 tonight as long as I get a few games where I make a shitton of bees.

https://youtu.be/SNQhtTfrdS8

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Banning mentor made so much sense as soon as someone pointed out it's a better and more consistent play than tinker.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

It also runs utility lands like the white ETB protection from a color land to help the Knight get through or pump it more.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

It very rarely runs that, it's such a bad card to draw.
Early builds did, I haven't been keeping up with it at all.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

Is Artificer's Intuition even remotely possible as a deck without Top? There's gotta be some way that you can build the deck without it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQMmmZgTL_Q

EDIT: Oops, I misread the question. Oh well, still a cool video. :rip:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

I'm going and planning on leaving $10k richer and hopefully not playing this bad game at all.
Do it! Be like me where your only interaction with the game is watching vintage streams on twitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

okay so me, suicidesteve and esporks so far
I'll be at home watching on twitch. Make sure to wave hi.