Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Can't wait for whatever flavor of xerox is best now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cabbages and Kings posted:

A delver deck will almost certainly always be tier 1 and a UWx control deck will likewise almost certainly always be tier 1, why is that a problem? I don't have an issue with xerox strategies being strong, my mind breaks when it gets to "well, I guess I just jam Okos into [someDeck] until they loving ban Oko because otherwise I'm shooting myself in the dick"

Legacy players are never happy. If you want to go play a perfectly fine and fun midrange format where xerox is a tier 2, Historic awaits!! (This isn't a dig, I love historic).

Why is just jamming Oko into [someDeck] bad but jamming Brainstorm/Ponder/Preordain into the same deck good?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mezzanon posted:

Now onto the real debate: do I splash t3feri in legacy infect?(also geist and Rest In Peace for the board)

Infect boarding in anything but different leylines is off the theme of maximum bullshit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

Hypothetically if they reprinted a new set of duals that are identical to the original cycle but just with a different name, how much would legacy mana bases change? Are land bases basically perfect right now?
Technically they should all change to play around sowing salt or surgical extraction or whatever but honestly people are already shying away from 4 copies of a dual, let alone wanting a 5th.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Into the Ocean posted:

I miss my old friend Deathrite Shaman. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back in Legacy.

OK but then the fetches get axed. You can't have both in the format.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Eikre posted:

So, I had this Modern fascination a few years ago that I never got around to actually doing anything with.

You see where I'm going with this? Like, yeah, the only thing you're looking at there is a four-card win condition, but I think it would plug in pretty well to U/G acceleration infrastructure, and the areas that you get to research for antecedents are Amulet Bloom, Reliquary Knight, and I guess whatever Mill is supposed to have beyond mere style (you would almost certainly need Surgical Extraction, for example). I feel like there could be some pretty transformational sideboard action.

I've been away from the game since about 2016 so I'm gonna be perusing new card lists but I wanted to slap the idea on the table and see if it spoke to anybody. Is this already a thing? Seen it happen before? Any ideas that leap out at you?

Add knight of the Relequary, Dryad of the Elysean Grove, Valakut, and Primeval titan.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I've seen some big murky bois but none that are bigger than 12/12.
Last timei played legacy tho I only just to izzet delver so what do I know. It's too hard to find legacy games anyways.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Is this where I tack a Phyrexian Dreadnought onto my Brainstorm?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You asked this question before didn't you?
I know creators like Aspiring Spike were suggested did none of them pan out?
I feel like the you tube well if going to be very shallow because the good players just aren't there. They're on twitch.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
e: nvm

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 20, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why is the Kappa deck not also playing Erayo?
(Also, lol, Cannoneer, sai, and emery are all in the same commander precon)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Can't decide what I want to play in modern this week between enchantress and belcher

Belcher is by far the better deck, but it's a free event and it's not like people will hate my deck less regardless of whether it's enchantress or belcher lol
The answer then is which ever brings you the most joy.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Elvis_Maximus posted:

True, but I love both is the issue. Enchantress does my favorite thing in MTG, which is draw a bunch of cards. And Belcher is just plain fun because it's always fun flipping your deck at someone

Both decks draw a lot of hate for whatever reason. I'm not sure why because like.. if enchantress locks you out just move to game 2 or 3. They find the wincon eventually so unless you've got back to nature or something...

I guess in belcher's case though it's just people don't like getting combo'd out. Maybe I'll play belcher and hope to draw the Turn 0/1 this week.. still haven't gotten it in a real game

120 Card Yorion Enchantress Belcher.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.theeternalglorypodcast.com/

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I thought this was the thread for cardboard yachtsmen, not nose-holding yacksmen!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skyl3lazer posted:

Finally selling out of legacy (mix of can't play bc covid and dislike of the direction of curation) and wowzers cards got expensive eh?
It's insane

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ok so I know murktide flies but hear me out: sailor's bane removes the tension with uro

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Smashing Link posted:

On my way to sell 3 Mox Diamonds today to pay for a new dog for my wife.

Smart choice

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I almost bought the mythetic token to playtest some Legacy on MTGO but then I saw the cards from Baulder's gate I wanted to test weren't on MTGO

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Moxie is a good name considering the situation.
If anyone doesn't get it just say she's a fizzy little girl with some bark and bite. Like the soda.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'd drop a diamond just to pet her.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Smashing Link posted:

Well done, appropriate color as well.

The white is just a preview for the next Lilliana.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Do you like this version more than the pyre/extraction version?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
After a full month since release and multiple orders later:
I finally have my Sailors' Banes

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sailor's bane trip report:
Card is very good, and really hard to deal with.
It's only a matter of time before the secret is out and you can't just time walk delver with an endurance.
The real powe here though is that you can run it and an escape titan without consequence in a way you can't with murktide.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ilmucche posted:

What shell were you running it in?

Dreadnought

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
God do I hate Yorion.
A control deck where all it's answers get to also attack.
And here it is going to time every round.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 30, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I lose and now I have to stew on it for another half hour as we're 20 past time but they're still going

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I have played a lot of magic at a lot of events big and small but this is the first time I've played the same deck three times in one event. Yikes, ban this sick filth already.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I went 3-6 this weekend across both events at the NRG and boy do I hate magic and myself right now.
2-3 Zombardment (lost 3x Yorion)
1-3 Dreadnought. This is mostly my fault and not understanding legacy because who can play it ever

4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
3 Sailors' Bane
2 Brazen Borrower
4 Ledger Shredder
3 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath

4 Consider
4 Brainstorm
2 Force of Negation
4 Force of Will
4 Stifle

4 Ponder

4 Dress Down

3 Island
4 Breeding Pool
4 Misty Rainforest
2 Wasteland
2 Polluted Delta
2 Flooded Strand
1 Otawara, Soaring City

Sideboard
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Mindbreak Trap
3 Veil of Summer
1 Flusterstorm
1 Scroll of Fate
1 Archmage's Charm
2 Hullbreacher

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 1, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ilmucche posted:

I run kalonian hydras and riot creatures in modern, wanted to make sure for the yawg matchup unfortunately

Post your list!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Smashing Link posted:

Can someone remind me the name of the card that gives 9 poison counters if you are playing with a Companion? I think it costs G or GG.

What?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I like how your results perfectly explain why Hammer is a deck and infect isn't in modern right now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Goyf can't be correct here. It just can't be right to be on Goyf in your uro/Dreadnought deck.
He says at the end that it can't be endurance but it has to be, right?

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 19, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
At this point playing modern is an exercise in self harm.
Started 2-0 in the challange, and just dropped at 2-3. Hate the format, hate the decks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I have literlly been playing modern from day one and I've never hated the format as much as I do right now.
Unlike Gaak and Eldrazi winter where you could point to a single deck you can't because MH2 is the format.
If you ban one bs MH2 card another will take it's place.

Modern RN:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ban fetches then. But they won't.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

C-Euro posted:

Shortly after Pioneer was announced, I predicted that Modern was going to become Legacy without the Reserve List and Pioneer would become Modern without fetches, and I haven't seen anything to take me off of that prediction :colbert:

Brainstorm / Ponder makes the two formats very different. (And Dreadnought / Stifle)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Well, at least my boy dreadnought is putting up the numbers without me:

Andreas Mueller, RUG Dressnought posted:

Creature (9)
1 Brazen Borrower
1 Fury
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
3 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath

Sorcery (8)
4 Expressive Iteration
4 Ponder

Instant (19)
4 Brainstorm
2 Daze
4 Force of Will
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Stifle
1 Stubborn Denial

Enchantment (4)
4 Dress Down

Land (20)
2 Flooded Strand
2 Misty Rainforest
1 Mystic Sanctuary
2 Polluted Delta
2 Scalding Tarn
4 Tropical Island
3 Volcanic Island
4 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)
2 Ancient Grudge
2 Carpet of Flowers
2 Hydroblast
1 Pyroblast
1 Pyroclasm
2 Red Elemental Blast
3 Surgical Extraction
1 Torpor Orb
1 Unlicensed Hearse

Donhaggis BUG Dressnought posted:

Creature (13)
2 Lazav, the Multifarious
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
3 Tarmogoyf
4 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath
Sorcery (7)
4 Ponder
3 Thoughtseize
Instant (18)
3 Abrupt Decay
4 Brainstorm
4 Daze
4 Force of Will
3 Stifle
Enchantment (3)
3 Dress Down
Land (19)
1 Bayou
4 Misty Rainforest
2 Polluted Delta
3 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea
2 Verdant Catacombs
4 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)
1 Blue Elemental Blast
2 Force of Negation
1 Hydroblast
1 Null Rod
3 Plague Engineer
2 Run Afoul
1 Seeds of Innocence
2 Surgical Extraction
2 Veil of Summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why are the Green cards in Legacy so bad?
All I want is a playable 1 mana green card that's either an Adventure, Instant, or Sorcery. It doesn't even have to cost one, just needs some cost reducer in it.