Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Or a turn 1 Blood Moon. They can cast like, 3 creatures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

AgentSythe posted:

I mean, it's a classic, but holy moly does Brian Davis not play well

Bob Maher is the only person to win a Pro Tour 7-0.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
The two drop you're looking for is Eidolon.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Las Vegas 2017 gonna be lit

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Re: Legacy decks. I played a legacy infect for a while, and it was probably the most unfun deck I've ever played. Generally you drew invigorate, a dude, and they died. Winning never felt fun. And it's not just because it's combo. I play Show and Tell decks, I had ANT together, etc. It just wasn't particularity enjoyable, even in your wins.

That being said, I don't think I'd find D&T particularly fun either. If I were going to start with a deck, it'd probably just be Grixis Delver.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm really looking forward to running this list on Friday. I'm sure I'll stumble on mana or draw nothing but ramp spells, but that's what happens when you play these decks. I'm just giddy to use my japanese breaches.

Deck: Breach Shift

//Main
2 Anger of the Gods
3 Bloodstained Mire
2 Cinder Glade
1 Courser of Kruphix
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
3 Farseek
2 Forest
3 Lightning Bolt
6 Mountain
4 Primeval Titan
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Scapeshift
4 Search for Tomorrow
3 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Stomping Ground
3 Summoner's Pact
4 Through the Breach
2 Urabrask the Hidden
4 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
4 Wooded Foothills

//Sideboard
1 Ancient Grudge
2 Destructive Revelry
2 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Pithing Needle
1 Relic of Progenitus
2 Spellskite
1 Sudden Shock
3 Summoning Trap
2 Thragtusk

Display deck statistics

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

Not sure if I agree with going halfsies on the Scapeshift kill and the Emrakul kill, I'd pick one or the other if possible. However, Urbrask is extremely spicy and I' stealing that idea if I can't find a third Emrakul for my own list by next FNM.

I loved it back in the old Valakut (standard) days, so I thought I'd throw it in. I'm just testing it, so we'll see if I want to add a second Scapeshift or Emrakul. Generally either one is game over.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I went 3-1-1 to Top 8 the SCG IQ Legacy event held at my local store. The top 8 was Miracles, Turbo Depths, Eldrazi, Death and Taxes, Burn, Jund, Omnitell (me), and Lands.

The bottom 4 seeds advanced in the semis. I defeated Turbo Depths, Lands beat Miracles, Jund beat Eldrazi, and Death and Taxes beat Burn. I got paired against Jund which is almost as good as it gets. He put lethal in play and forced me to go for it. I put in Omniscience, Brainstormed and whiffed. I cruised pretty easily in the other two games.

Death and Taxes beat lands in a very close 3 games. We agreed to split the prize (we each got $125 cash and 12 packs), and I conceded because I have no desire to play in an Invitational and play formats I don't like.

My tournament went: R1 W (2-1) Shardless BUG (only loss was him hymn in both my lands in G2.

R2 Food Chain (2-0) This is a new player. I have Boseiju. He loses. Game 2 he leaves some subpar cards in his deck, he's stuck with a handful of stifles that don't really do anything.

R3 Eldrazi L (2-0) I cast Impulse 3 times and a Fact or Fiction, and couldn't find an Omniscience. Game 2 I mulled to 4.

R4 Goblins W (2-1) Game 1 I'm one mana short of casting my Dream Halls and winning. Games 2 and 3 I destroy him with Young Pyromancer. He probably should have won the match. He drew a Matron and tutored a Warchief. If he gets Sharpshooter, I don't think I win that game.

R5 draw into Top 8.

It was a good time. We only had two decks with multiple copies (3 Burn decks and 2 Death and Taxes decks). Fun games, nobody was a dick or a poor sport.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Here's a little thought exercise. We're in my end step. My opponent has a Thespian's Stage, two Lotus Petals, a Snow Covered Forest. I have 3 Islands. My hand is Split Decision, Cunning Wish, Omniscience, Fact or Fiction, Emrakul. My opponent casts Crop Rotation, sacrificing his Forest. How do you not lose?

Here is my decklist. Relevant information: I sideboarded out 3 Spell Pierce for the Young Pyromancers in this game.

Deck: UR Omnitell

//Main
2 Ancient Tomb
2 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
4 Brainstorm
4 Cunning Wish
2 Dream Halls
2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
2 Fact or Fiction
4 Force of Will
4 Impulse
5 Island
4 Omniscience
4 Polluted Delta
4 Ponder
3 Preordain
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Show and Tell
3 Spell Pierce
1 Split Decision
2 Volcanic Island

//Sideboard
1 Eladamri's Call
1 Firemind's Foresight
1 Flusterstorm
1 Intuition
1 Kozilek's Return
1 Pact of Negation
1 Pyroclasm
1 Red Elemental Blast
1 Release the Ants
1 Sudden Shock
1 Surgical Extraction
1 Wipe Away
3 Young Pyromancer

Display deck statistics

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 5, 2016

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I apologize for forgetting to paste the decklist. I've corrected the post.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

I'm pretty sure the answer is split decision to copy crop rotation, getting ancient tomb. Then cunning wish for pact of negation. You're cold to them naturally drawing a depths in the next two turns, or if they have wasteland in hand, but after that you're not in bad shape.

This is correct. This was a turbo depths deck, not lands. He didn't have Wasteland in his list.

I realized how close I came there, so I sideboarded out a Force of Will and brought a Spell Pierce back in. That gave me the option to Cunning Wish/Force on 3 mana.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Stronghold gambit is some neat sideboard tech.

Fun fact: I own about 50 Stronghold Gambit because we were thinking it was going to be awesome in Sneak and Show/Know and Tell sideboards.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Tonight I got to watch Song of the Dryad enchant a Jace, the Mind Sculptor, and then the Jace tap to activate a Top.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

Finally made it to a Modern FNM and went 2-0-1 split for my troubles :toot: Running RG Titan Breach, first time taking it out (note: one Emrakul was an Urabrask for this FNM)-
Deck: Titan Breach

//Lands
2 Cinder Glade
2 Forest
6 Mountain
4 Stomping Ground
3 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills

//Spells
1 Anger of the Gods
2 Explore
3 Farseek
3 Lightning Bolt
4 Search for Tomorrow
3 Summoner's Pact
2 Summoning Trap
4 Through the Breach

//Creatures
2 Courser of Kruphix
3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 Primeval Titan
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder

//Sideboard
2 Ancient Grudge
2 Anger of the Gods
1 Back to Nature
2 Choke
2 Engineered Explosives
1 Lightning Bolt
2 Obstinate Baloth
2 Relic of Progenitus
1 Unravel the Ęther

Display deck statistics

Round 1 was against UR Pyro Delver. Game 1 he taps out right as I ramp up to six and I stick a Prime Time and ride it to a win. Game 2 he counters a Prime Time and I get to Summoning Trap...and whiff. I draw nothing but lands and ramp for a while but manage to keep his board free of creatures with Valakut. I get down to 4 but get him down to 15, and Breach->Emrakul with a ton of open mana (he had previously revealed a Mana Leak and I knew it was his only card). 1-0 (2-0)

Round 2 was against UWr Control. Game 1 I have Breach & Emrakul in hand ready to cast one turn 4 but he has all his mana open. I decide to go for it...and he doesn't counter! Drop Emrakul much to his surprise, wipe his board, and he can't recover in time before I burn the rest off. He had a Ghost Quarter and I was right at five Mountains & Valakut in play so maybe he thought I'd drop Prime Time and he'd Quarter something in response? Game 2 I don't have the ramp but he only has a Clique for a few turns of beating before I get Titan and enough lands. I have to burn through a Spellskite to get to him but I win the damage race at 1 life, having opted not to play a couple fetches from my hand earlier in the match :sweat: I think I mis-played one or two land grabs in this match, not doubling or tripling up on Valakuts when I had a couple chances. Got there anyway! 2-0 (4-0)

Round 3 was against Ad Nauseum and we were both 2-0 so we split. Played it out for funsies anyway. Game 1 I hit a turn 4 Emrakul, Game 2 he combos off pretty quick and has a Pact of Negation when I try to Naturalize his Phyrexian Unlife in response. Game 3 we both go pretty slow but he hits his combo sooner, I'm able to Summoning Trap -> Titan to burn him out with Valakuts but I goof by needlessly cracking a fetch before getting a second Valakut into play, which would've given me enough to burn him out (he showed me an Angel's Grace in hand after the match). But hey, practice. 2-0-1 (5-2), I play this guy every time I'm there and we always go to three games and I always lose, no matter what the matchup is :argh:

Fun deck though, and I won $34 which let me pick up my third Emrakul and a Leyline of the Void (thanks 25% off holiday sale!). Plus there was a new player who was running Mill which automatically made him my best bud, so I helped him out with his deck for a bit.

I sided the Coursers out in all three rounds, either because it couldn't really block anything that was a threat (Rounds 1 and 2) or the incidental lifegain wasn't going to save me (Round 3). Will keep them mainboard for now but I could see one of them switching places with a SB Anger, Delver player stuck a flipped Delver and Young Pyromancer which had me sweating. I also overheard two regulars talking and apparently no one at my store plays Dredge, so the Relics might come out if that holds true.

I replaced my Courser with Oracle of Mul Daya. It's only one green and you get extra land drops. Sure, it's only a 2/2, but most of the time, I'm just looking to plow through lands. It was pretty decent last night, but I really need more testing with it. I really like the Urabrask in my maindeck. It offers me a beater and a lot of times, clears removal from their hand and lets the Primetime's run wild.

I went 2-1 drop (losing to Monogreen Tooth and Nail) because we wanted to go to the bar and get food and beer. I beat Martyr Proc and Lantern Control.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Lands.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Do you guys play Punishing Fire or Molten Vortex? I feel like I rarely need Tabernacle. I either lock them up with Molten Vortex/Loam or I just win with the combo. I rarely find myself looking for Tabernacle.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

I never drew my one Urabrask and also boarded it out every match :shobon: Breaching out an Emrakul almost feels like cheating, I would definitely run multiple if I were you.

I'm cutting my Scapeshift for a second Emrakul. Other than that, I'm fairly happy with the deck. I just need 3 more Japanese Summoner's Pacts.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please do not play creatures you intend to cast in your legacy decks, thank you

I cast this one:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

Casting it off omniscience doesnt count.

You can't go changing the rules. I cast it all the time!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Elyv posted:

Don't forget that Snare counters Daze for sure

So does an untapped island.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

that, my friend, is the joke

Yeah, but Island is playable. Spell Snare isn't.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

I don't remember seeing any counterspells besides Cryptic TBH. The deck is more interested in tapping you down with Gigadrowse effects and just making sure you can't do anything, rather than denying the stuff you try to do. I've beaten this guy with much worse decks but I just felt kind of silly sitting there as he strung eight or nine turns together while I was tapped out.

I see your point about bringing in Baloths and getting more aggressive though, and I could be talked into more Traps in the board. The Chokes are there because I already had them; I guess we do have a few people on Merfolk at my LGS but there's other stuff I could board in for them (haven't played any of them with this deck yet). I'm just sad that my one free Trap so far with this deck was a complete whiff :negative:

Wait...if you cast Breach on their end step, you get to keep your Breached creature until your next end step, don't you? Not sure if I've been in a position to do that yet but huge if true.

UWR almost feels like a bye because if this. You eot the Beach, they are forced to counter. You now just do it main phase. Even if they have a path, getting your valakuts bones them. They can't counter or burn your lands. They don't have enough clock to pressure you as you grind them down.

I cut my Searches (they have Remands) for Summoning Traps, pithing needle, and a Thragtusk. .

FYI: the Oracle text on Breach says "at the beginning of the next end step."

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

uninverted posted:

I think an esper deck with removal, counterspells, and delve threats/lingering souls could be viable, but I don't know if you want delver in that deck.

Modern Aristocrats 3.0 Sac outlets, Lingering Souls, Tragic Slip and Fatal Push. DID IT.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I just placed an order for the Japanese cards I needed and ordered my Italian Tabernacle from eBay. :getin:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't know why you'd want to Root Maze when you could just play an Eternal Witness (or Primal Command for an Eternal Witness bouncing another land), and then rinse repeat while watching your opponent die inside.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Tabernacle is at the post office. Tomorrow, she is complete:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

The March Hare posted:

Welcome to the fold azn lands brother.

Mine's all mixed though. Still ISO 3 more Korean Explorations so I can ditch the JP ones.

My next project is moving toward FBB duals, but real life things are in order before that.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Took my newly finished Lands deck to FNM, and finished 3-1. I lost the Lands mirror, which is intricate, yet excruciating. I beat Infect, BUG, and BR Reanimator. I think I need to tweak my board a bit for my meta.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

i do not understand that deck at all

Take Elves, make it worse. There you go.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

Keep up the Spirits trip reports, they're cool. If you swing with a solo Geist with a Hierarch in play, you can stack the triggers such that you get the Exalted bonus, right?

It doesn't matter how you stack the triggers. Exalted only triggers when a creature attacks by itself. The angel token is put into play already attacking, so it doesn't trigger Exalted. Once Geist attacks, both its ability and Exalted (it's the only creature attacking) trigger. You can then resolve them however you wish.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I played in the SCG Open main event yesterday, and played horribly. I just wasn't locked in. I played sloppy in my mirror match, and lost a couple games to just not being as mindful and thinking out lines as I should. I ended up going 5-3 before dropping to get Waffle House once I was out of contention for day 2.

I played GR Breach Titan.

I played this list, except the SB was -1 Destructive Revelry +1 Shatterstorm

//Main
2 Anger of the Gods
3 Bloodstained Mire
2 Cinder Glade
3 Farseek
2 Forest
3 Lightning Bolt
6 Mountain
1 Oracle of Mul Daya
4 Primeval Titan
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Search for Tomorrow
3 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Stomping Ground
3 Summoner's Pact
4 Through the Breach
2 Urabrask the Hidden
4 Wooded Foothills
1 Worldspine Wurm

//Sideboard
1 Ancient Grudge
2 Destructive Revelry
2 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Pithing Needle
1 Relic of Progenitus
2 Spellskite
1 Sudden Shock
3 Summoning Trap
2 Thragtusk

Display deck statistics

Round 1: Eldrazi Taxes/Hate Bears L, 1-2, 0-1.

Game 1 is kinda slow, he plays Thalia, Leonin Arbiter, and a Smasher, but I Through the Breach a Titan, destroying his Arbiter/Thalia and he has no answer.

Game 2 he sticks an early Thoughtknot Seer, and takes my Sakura-Tribe Elder. I end up stuck on 5 lands. I Anger and Sudden Shock his Seer and Arbiter, and I'm left with no hand.. I go three turns without drawing a land or ramp spell, and I'm stuck with a hand of Primeval Titan, Primeval Titan, Summoner's Pact and 5 mana. I scoop it up as he has a lethal and I can't stop it. After going to make sure I didn't want to change my sideboard tactics, I realized I had brought in Thragtusk, so I could've Pact'd one up, cast it, and bought me a few more turns. HUGE MISTAKE.

Game 3 I cast a few ramp spells, but I'm unable to find a big threat, and I die to Smasher/Mutavault beatings.

Round 2: Sun and Moon W, 2-1, 1-1

Game 1, I have awkward fetchlands (drawing my Bloodstained Mires and not the Foothills) so I have to fetch a dual land to cast my Farseeks. I do get one Sakura-Tribe Elder, but when he Blood Moons, I'm stuck on one green, and he presents lethal before I can get the long chain of Pacting up a Sakura-Tribe Elder to get my other forest and paying for the pact to cast my Titan. Just an awkward draw that punishes me.

Game 2, I get the basic forests I need. He sticks a Blood Moon and a Leyline of Sanctity. I continue to ramp. He has Chalices on 1 and 0 (after I Pacted for a Titan, he realized that he probably needed this). He plays Nihiri and Chandra. I have a hand of Pithing Needle, Grafdigger's Cage, and Lightning Bolt I have no other outs, so I decide to go for it. I cast and he lets the Cage and Pithing Needle (I name Nihiri) resolve. We got a few turns doing nothing, and I draw Emrakul. Being as I have a bunch of fetchland mountains in play, I tap 15 lands, and hardcast Emrakul. I'd drawn through the breach/primeval titan in the meantime, so I did that so he couldn't make me sacrifice an attacking Emrakul (which he tried). He goes to sacrifice 6 permanents (at which time he realized he hosed up his Chalice) and then promptly sacrifices the Chalice on 1, his Chandra, and some lands. I kill him with Lightning Bolt. He kinda tilted.

Game 3, he provides a few removal spells and a Blood Moon, but I have Primeval Titans and they still hit hard. I pull it out.

Round 3: GR Titan Breech L, 0-2, 1-2.

Game 1: He draws a Obstinate Baloth, He wins.

Game 2: I mull to 6. I play Stomping Ground into Search for Tomorrow. I draw a Mountain. I play a Sakura-Tribe Elder. I'm forced to tutor out one Forest because I don't have double green for pact/titan. This ends up costing me 1 Valakut trigger when I resolve Primeval Titan, and I'm only able to get him to 1 on my second Titan (he Titan'd my Titan). He kills me on his turn. WHOMP WHOMP.

Round 4: Affinity, W 2-0, 2-2.

Game 1: He has a slower draw, he has double Mox Opal, so it's like he mulliganed. He plays Signal Pest, Vault Skirge, Etched Champion, and a Master of Etherium. I jam a Primeval Titan, and wrath his board with Valakut triggers. I'm at a decent enough life total that he can't get there with his Blinkmoths, and he dies a turn later.

Game 2: I have a pretty sweet draw for me. I see Anger of the Gods, Shatterstorm, and Though the Breach + Emrakul. He couldn't really get anything assembled.

Round 5: Affinity, W 2-0, 3-2.

Game 1: His draw is another slow one. He puts a Cranial Plating on a Memnite and hits me for 4 a turn after I angered his Thopter, Signal Pest, Vault Skirge. It's only doing 4 a turn. I find a Primeval Titan, and I kill his creature. He has nothing and we go to game 2.

Game 2: I ramp pretty quickly, but he has Vault Skirge, Signal Pest, and 3 Arcbound Ravagers. I get a Primeval Titan, and attempt to kill his fliers. He sacrifices artifacts and saves the Vault Skirge. He smacks me, and decides to go all in. He sacrifices all his permanents and makes a 12/12 Vault Skirge. I take 12 and go to 3. I play a second Primeval Titan, searching up my 3rd and 4th Valakut. I attack with my first titan, kill his only permanent and 18 him. He shakes his head and wondered aloud why he went all in.

Round 6: Esper Control, W, 2-1, 4-2.

Game 1: I get to do something sweet. He Esper Charms me, and I discard a spare land and Farseek. Turn 5 I cast Summoner's Pact in his EOT step. He lets it resolve, and I get the Titan into my hand. He attempts to Snapcaster/Esper Charm to make me discard my last 2 cards, tapping out. I cast the Breach and put Primetime into action. He concedes after I pay for Pact.

Game 2: He plays Runed Halo and names Valakut. I can't get enough damage in, and he has the Paths he needs for my Breach'd Worldspine Wurm and my Primeval Titan. I die to a Tar Pit and Colonnade when I can't save enough fetches to shoot them down.

Game 3: I get to hit him with a Worldspine Wurm, but he has the Wrath of God to cleanup the tokens. It does enough damage to him that a Titan gets in and finishes him off.

Round 7: Grixis Delver, W, 2-1, 5-2.

Game 1: He plays a Delver and flips it with a Bolt. I hit him with the turn 5 EOT Through the Breach which he Mana Leaks. I resolve the Primeval Titan, killing his Delver. He has Terminate, but it's irrelevant, he scoops because he can't beat the lands in my hand.

Game 2: I got to live a small dream here. I cast a turn 2 Sakura-Tribe Elder, and he Spell Snares it. I cast Summoning Trap. He laughs and said it's been a long time since he's been trapped. Unfortunately I don't get to hit anything sweet. I only see another Sakura-Tribe Elder. UGH. He has a Delver/Angler early, and has Mana Leak and Snapcaster/Leak for my Breach and Titan, and I roll to it.

Game 3: I Bolt his first Delver. He flips his Delver off a Countersquall. I only have Summoner's Pact in hand. I'm on 3 mana and a Sakura-Tribe Elder. He fetches, leaving only one land in play. I respond and Summoner's Pact. I get Primeval Titan. His only permission was the Countersquall, and his Tasigur isn't big enough to deal with Primeval Titan.

Round 8: Jund. L, 0-2, 5-3.

Game 1: Jundstice. He hits me with an early Inquisition, takes my Sakura-Tribe Elder. He gets a Goyf into play and beats me down, and when I Pact for Primeval Titan, I have two choices, attempt to race, or kill his only creature (he has a Raging Ravine in play). I decide to kill his Goyf. He plays a Kalitas and Terminate. I draw and didn't pay for my Pact. sadtrombone.wav. I drew a land anyway, so even I can't deal with both threats.

Game 2: I ramp super hard, but can't find a valakut or a big threat. He Terminates my Urabrask (the only threat I see), and I just provide no resistance to his Bob/Goyf.

In retrospect, I think I'm going to cut the Oracle, and go with another Farseek or Pact, and probably turn the Urabrasks into Obstinate Baloths. Urabrask was rarely relevant, and it just seems like "win more". It's good when you're winning or even, but terrible otherwise.

I'd probably go with something like this:

//Creatures
2 Obstinate Baloth
4 Primeval Titan
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
3 Simian Spirit Guide
1 Worldspine Wurm

//Spells
2 Anger of the Gods
3 Farseek
3 Lightning Bolt
4 Search for Tomorrow
4 Summoner's Pact
4 Through the Breach

//Lands
3 Bloodstained Mire
2 Cinder Glade
2 Forest
6 Mountain
4 Stomping Ground
4 Wooded Foothills

//Sideboard
1 Ancient Grudge
2 Destructive Revelry
2 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Pithing Needle
1 Relic of Progenitus
2 Spellskite
1 Sudden Shock
3 Summoning Trap
2 Thragtusk

Display deck statistics

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 26, 2017

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

How are you liking SSG? I see a lot of Breach lists running it but I'm not convinced, it seems a little too win-more. Also don't be afraid to get Forests with your ramp spells if you think Blood Moon's coming; I have a couple Skred players locally and I almost never have trouble getting double-green on board by turn 3.

I still think Emrakul is too awesome not to run multiple but Worldspine Wurm is a pretty cool budget option. MB Summoning Traps might help get those out too, especially if you're pulling lands out every turn with fetchlands and ramp.

Sucks that you got knocked out by Jund, that matchup is usually pretty easy for me.

The Coursers will probably get completely removed, any SB cards that you really liked?

Yeah, I usually don't have any issue with Jund. I just feel like I drew poorly and he had the exact mix of cards he needed.

I have Emrakul's, it's not really for budget reasons. We went with one Worldspine Wurm, because if you draw it, you can often actually cast it in a late game. Sure, I did actually cast an Emrakul this weekend, but generally the game's long over before that can happen. You can also tutor it up with your Summoner's Pacts for a one-shot kill, working around things like Runed Halo, and kill people who don't have exile effects, because they can't stop the 3 5/5's it leaves behind.

I love SSG. There's nothing like a turn 3 EOT Through the Breach. Turn 2, Farseek or Turn 3 having a Search coming off Suspend makes it nice. Plus, you can always just cast a Grizzly Bear.

Pithing Needle and Grafdigger's cage were actually pretty excellent for me. I thought I'd need Shatterstorm, but I beat Affinity multiple times without ever having to use it, so I'd leave it out now.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 26, 2017

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

Primus and Worldspine both sound spicy, might have to look out for a cheap copy of each.

Maybe I should run SSG but it just makes the deck feel a little swingier, when it's already capable of huge blowouts especially with Emrakul. Plus if you're casting it as a bear then something has gone horribly wrong.

I might put 2x Needle in the SB, what were the matchups where they did work? Planeswalker decks?

I brought in Pithing Needle against Sun and Moon (it gets Nahiri and Chandra), Affinity (naming lots of things, mainly Cranial Plating, but also Ravager, Overseer, or Inkmoth Nexus in a pinch), Eldrazi (naming Displacer), as well as Grixis (naming either Fulminator if I see them or Tasigur) and Jund (Liliana).

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

What would you say to Pulse of Murasa sideboard? I've seen it in a few SBs, and I had someone blow up one of my only two Forests while he had Blood Moon in play which really made wish I could get that Forest back. But my SB is getting pretty full of ideas as-is.

This is where having Worldspine Wurm/Emrakul to just one shot them is very useful. I don't think getting things back from the graveyard is what we want to be doing.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Molybdenum posted:

Memoricide, cranial extraction, surgical extraction, extirpate, lost legacy, sadistic sacrament

Bitter Ordeal

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

mehall posted:

Just play Breakdast Burrito aka Oops All Spells.

It's great against anything without Force of Will, and should be reasonable against the Chalice decks when on the play.

Please, do not play bad decks that lose to die rolls. Play something like Dragon Stompy (another Chalice deck but with planeswalkers and creatures), or Monored Sneak Attack. Basically, being the Blood Moon/Chalice pain.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ragnar34 posted:

4 Argothian Enchantress
4 Abundant Growth
4 Elephant Grass
4 Enchantress's Presence
4 Gaea's Touch
4 Wild Growth
4 Utopia Sprawl
4 Early Harvest
2 Gaea's Blessing
4 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Rofellos's Gift
1 Tendrils of Agony
17 Forest

:downs:

You're missing Emrakul. Plus, you can't beat a Leovold in 1,000 years.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Went 2-2 tonight at FNM in a clowndick meta. We had 2 lands, 1 Turbo Depths, 3 Burn, 1 Dredge, 3 ANT, DnT, Sultai Leovold, Sneak and Show, and Elves.

I lost to Elves and Sneak and Show, beating Burn and Turbo Depths. I got to live the dream of ticking a Dark Depths all the way against Turbo Depths, as he had Surgical'd my Ghost Quarters and Thespian's Stages. He got his combo, but he can't beat all my Mazes and Wastelands. I Maze his token and the Karakas it a few turns later, then Waste his Karakas before he gets the hammer.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

EvilBeard posted:

Went 2-2 tonight with Lands at FNM in a clowndick meta. We had 2 lands, 1 Turbo Depths, 3 Burn, 1 Dredge, 3 ANT, DnT, Sultai Leovold, Sneak and Show, and Elves.

I lost to Elves and Sneak and Show, beating Burn and Turbo Depths. I got to live the dream of ticking a Dark Depths all the way against Turbo Depths, as he had Surgical'd my Ghost Quarters and Thespian's Stages. He got his combo, but he can't beat all my Mazes and Wastelands. I Maze his token and the Karakas it a few turns later, then Waste his Karakas before he gets the hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I went 4-0-1 to win FNM tonight with Titan Breach (and a bye). I beat Aristocrats, Elves, Blue Moon, and then drew with a Scapeshift deck because it locked him in 4th and me in first.

I cut the SSGs I'd been running and added 2 Combustible Gearhulk. It was moderately ok. It got Elves to scoop a game. Seems not too terrible. I got kills with Worldspine Wurm, Emrakul, and Gearhulk tonight.