Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

myDad posted:

Cloudstone Curio and another Qasali Ambusher

Oketra's Monument for a few tokens :v:

Oh wow, I thought it was a triggered ability, but that definitely says "if", not "when".

- Flash in an Ambusher during your opponent's combat step.
- Curio triggers
- In response to Curio trigger, flash in the second Ambusher and bounce the first Ambusher
- Curio triggers
- Repeat ad infinitum
- I dunno, anything that triggers on an ETB. Cathar's Crusade? Any of the creatures that get a +1/+1 token?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
So the Eternal Durdles podcast is pretty average, but they do point out some pretty fun ideas behind Legacy Wizard Tribal, thanks to Naban, Dean of Iteration

https://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2018/04/dominaria-legacy-picks/

Look at all these good good wizards!

Cursecatcher
Silvergill Adept
Venser, Shaper Savant
Vendilion Clique
Meddling Mage
Reflector Mage
Master of Waves
Vedalken Aethermage
Sage of Fables
Sower of Temptation
Voidmage Prodigy
Patron Wizard
Like a dozen different "when this ETB bounce a thing" dudes

Throw in Aether Vial and a bunch of lands including Cavern of Souls and Karakas, and you've got yourself a deck baby!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

EvilBeard posted:

I've reached a point in my life (today is my last day in my 30s), that I've looked at some things. A couple of weeks ago, a newer player at fnm asked what my deck was worth. We started talking about it, and I theorized at retail is was worth about $8k. I was kicking around the idea of getting a midlife crisis sportscar to complete the process of my soul dying. I think with the process of Magic prices soaring, combined that I really don't travel to tournaments anymore, I'm going to liquidate my collection and buy the sports car. I just don't think I can justify owning 5 figures in cardboard for fnm anymore.

Thoughts?

Do it, quit this garbage game for children.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

C-Euro posted:

There aren't many, though I don't know much about black Eldrazi.

If Marit Lage is your target for this, Geth's Verdict is likely your best option here. I can't imagine Eldrazi wants their opponent to gain 20 life.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Network42 posted:

If it's no banlist modern why aren't you playing hypergenesis?

It's surprisingly not the most broken thing out there; from previous NBL Modern reports, Eldrazi and Affinity both get pretty insane when you return Eye of Ugin and artifact lands, as is Storm with Ponder/Preordain/GProbe.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

The March Hare posted:

Send me a list first ;)

Does that go for everyone? Because I have a lot of legacy stuff I'm not using.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Holy poo poo.

So, Legacy chat, I may or may not have Grixis Delver in full, and most of ANT, leading up to this day. ANT will likely survive and move away from using Cabal Therapy as the discard of choice. But can Grixis Delver even exist without these tools? I think it could have survived either ban, but both at once is rough.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

AkumaHokoru posted:

I wonder though if they will ever make something that can destroy a walker's emblem?

Highly doubtful, they want emblems to be game-altering, and letting something be removed from exile is a silver border thing.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=74231&type=card

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

The Wicked Wall posted:

Is there any consensus yet on how many copies of Trophy people are going to be trying in Jund? Been playing straight GB recently and it seems like 4 copies is a lock there due to the Field of Ruin 'interaction'.

I'm not sold on totally cutting Pulse from the Jund maindeck, as the utility against tokens can be pretty important as well as killing PWs through spell snare.

If you're talking Modern, I feel like it's a straight upgrade against almost every matchup. How many decks are there where you only want to blow up permanents with CMC under 3, and they have counters? Hitting Snapcaster/Clique in UW? How many counters does Death's Shadow run?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
How bad are Jund/Mardu right now? They're the only Modern decks I'm remotely close to owning at the moment and I don't feel like dropping a bunch of money on Modern stuff.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

this is such a great time to offload stuff you're not using. I got 10k last weekend for 9 cards in a format i do not play

Curious how you're all outing your stuff, buylist? Supposedly Cardsphere lets you cash out points but I haven't done the math for whether that's more than buylist or not.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Cactrot posted:

I guess miracles plays it and a lot of basics now, and it is unlikely to be reprinted even though it is not on the reserve list.

There's basically a "soft reserve list" of cards that aren't technically on the reserve list, but they'll likely never get a new version because:

- they aren't Modern legal, and
- they don't fit WotC's design principles, or
- they're way too expensive to include in a secondary "casual" product

See: Mana Crypt, which is still $130 despite being in Eternal Masters, and all the judge promos from P3K they've released.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

ilmucche posted:

Could they not print them in a non-modern legal set? Like a special edition of some sort?

That's kind of the point; they _could_, but they _won't_. Like, there's no real reason they couldn't put Back to Basics in an Eternal Masters 2 set, but it sure seems like they've changed the kind of cards they pick for that set.

Here's all the cards over $20 that aren't on the reserve list and aren't Modern legal. They could reprint any of them if they fit WotC's modern design for drafting. But it's mostly tutors, land hate, broken mana, and a lot of P3K cards. Of the ones on that list, I'd say Food Chain is the most likely to end up in a Commander product or something.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Is it frowned upon to ask people with SCG Premium to post decklists here?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

AkumaHokoru posted:

nah people do it all the time you good.

In that case, if someone can post the Arclight Phoenix modern deck GerryT posted, I'd love to take a look (I play bad fair decks in Modern).

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

https://www.milwaukeemag.com/i-closed-wolskis/

so the story here is that known degenerate suicidesteve was playing Solidarity, and I was on UWr helm. In response to me playing a Leyline of Sanctity (my deck has a WHOLE LOT of cards that do not matter even a little bit in this matchup), he starts going off. The stack is Leyline of Sanctity, High Tide, Force on High Tide, High Tide, Force on second High Tide. This loving sicko Cunning Wishes for mindbreak trap, exiling both forces and the Leyline and proceeds to go off.

Hell yeah Legacy is the fuckin' best.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Hey Johnny how did you feel about this? Because I really want to try running a deck like this, mostly as an excuse to finally show my Moat the light of day. I feel like this deck's success is directly tied to whether RiP is main-deckable.

*nods sagely*

This is what I ended up on:

4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Force of Will
2 Spell Pierce
2 Counterspell
2 Supreme Verdict
2 Enlightened Tutor
3 Energy Field
3 Rest in Peace
2 Helm of Obedience
1 Humility
1 Detention Sphere
1 Blood Moon
1 Engineered Explosives
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Gideon of the Trials
4 Island
2 Plains
3 Tundra
2 Volcanic Island
1 Karakas
2 Arid Mesa
3 Scalding Tarn
4 Flooded Strand

//Sideboard
2 Pyroblast
2 Hydroblast
1 Flusterstorm
1 Wear//Tear
1 Seal of Cleansing
3 Leyline of Sanctity
1 Keranos, God of Storms
1 Vendilion Clique
1 Meekstone
1 Pithing Needle
1 Kozilek's Return

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
If you're already going Naya colors for Lands, it's worth finding room for a Horizon canopy. I will help you test this, I've been on RUG lands (for EE+Academy Ruins), but this seems like a next natural step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Lands friends: i finally got my last mox diamond so i can play this

are we off the white splash? is field of the dead just the thing to be doing now?

Hell yeah

I don't know if anyone was super into the white splash; blue for EE/Academy Ruins or black for Abrupt Decay/Leylines were more common. But we've gotten so many new toys lately between Wrenn & Six, Force of Vigor, Elvish Reclaimer, Blast Zone, Field of the Dead, and soon Once Upon a Time. There's basically no need to splash.