Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lol. Stuff like this drives MY WIFE crazy. Her feed is full of 'real women have curves' etc. poo poo. She's slim, and takes great offence.

I keep trying to persuade her to post some fat shaming stuff on her FB but she's just not evil enough.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Far from a modal indeed

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Far from a modal indeed

More like a pop up window

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
More like a fullscreen window

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

A modal with curves.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

monkeytennis posted:

Lol. Stuff like this drives MY WIFE crazy. Her feed is full of 'real women have curves' etc. poo poo. She's slim, and takes great offence.

I keep trying to persuade her to post some fat shaming stuff on her FB but she's just not evil enough.

Why would she be offended at the idea of that people should be happy in their own skin?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Why would she be offended at the idea of that people should be happy in their own skin?

life is suffering

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
maybe if she's on a strict diet to stay thin or something and is mad that people just eat whatever they want and lead an unhealthy lifestyle and distribute materials on facebook to make it seem like that's somehow and ok and positive thing to do

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

thathonkey posted:

maybe if she's on a strict diet to stay thin or something and is mad that people just eat whatever they want and lead an unhealthy lifestyle and distribute materials on facebook to make it seem like that's somehow and ok and positive thing to do

Yeah it's this apart from the dieting bit.

She just thinks it's double standards - if she posted things on FB about how men love slim ladies, and being fit and slim is sexy, to the degree that the 'curvy' ladies do about how they're happy being large and how their men love having something to hold onto, they'd probably get quite pissed off I think.

I just tell her that the fatties are insecure, hence the need to constantly validate themselves and each other.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

monkeytennis posted:

She just thinks it's double standards - if she posted things on FB about how men love slim ladies, and being fit and slim is sexy, to the degree that the 'curvy' ladies do about how they're happy being large and how their men love having something to hold onto, they'd probably get quite pissed off I think.

I just tell her that the fatties are insecure, hence the need to constantly validate themselves and each other.

??? you and your wife are weird about bodies.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

monkeytennis posted:

Better yet, use the 'hide this fat's dumb poo poo from my feed' feature. Not giving a gently caress is an art form.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

monkeytennis posted:

Tell your wife we like them all and to settle down, let the poor fatties talk they poo poo.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

monkeytennis posted:

It kind of sounds like your wife is the insecure one for it getting to her so much. If she were so happy with her body then she wouldn't care what other women think. It's like white people getting offended at the idea of the black lives matter, and complaining at the double standard they set.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Fat people getting a hug box on facebook is not cool and they should be called out at every chance.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
A slime woman has advantages in society when it comes to basic interactions and also looking good in a lot of different styles of clothing whereas scurvy women have a harder time finding things that look good and fit so they need to reassure themselves that they are sexy through over-wrought memes. Maybe your slime wife should try not to be such a dim butch and let the disadvantaged have their time in the sun. Vitamin C is important and sunny-d is packed with the stuff.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

your misspellings are infuriating

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Yeah I was also not thrilled with the "zero is not a size" campaign. Because it is. And it was my size. Real women come in all different sizes and shapes. Suggesting that I am somehow less of a woman is pretty offensive no matter what criterion is used.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Panfilo posted:

It kind of sounds like your wife is the insecure one for it getting to her so much. If she were so happy with her body then she wouldn't care what other women think. It's like white people getting offended at the idea of the black lives matter, and complaining at the double standard they set.

talking poo poo about others is a fun hobby and communal activity actually

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
especially if the one you chat poo poo about is so easily reviled

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

Yeah I was also not thrilled with the "zero is not a size" campaign. Because it is. And it was my size. Real women come in all different sizes and shapes. Suggesting that I am somehow less of a woman is pretty offensive no matter what criterion is used.

18 is not a size its an age

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Fat people getting a hug box on facebook is not cool and they should be called out at every chance.

Fat is beautiful

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Panfilo posted:

It's not something that gets to her 'so much'. It's just something that comes up every now and then. And it's about people posting stupid poo poo on FB, which is why I mentioned it ITT.

But never mind. :shrug:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

WrenP-Complete posted:

Technically, you are less of a woman.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Blue Train posted:

18 is not a size its an age

18 is a number and could be a vector.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Okay that's actually an excellent point.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Pvt.Scott posted:

:golfclap:

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

WrenP-Complete posted:

I always thought that campaign was against the brain dead sizing of female clothes :ohdear:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

IAmThatIs posted:

I always thought that campaign was against the brain dead sizing of female clothes :ohdear:

I don't think so because it was paired with anti-anorexia rhetoric and critical of size zero models.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

IAmThatIs posted:

Every campaign and movement like that inevitably gets hijacked by insecure fatties.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Command Ant posted:

Every campaign and movement like that inevitably gets hijacked by insecure fatties.

Combine this with the obesity epidemic and

well let's just say we're all in big trouble.

ha ha because fat

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Big Trouble in Little Attire

return0
Apr 11, 2007

i'm random and crazy

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tricky D posted:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Tricky D posted:

You rang?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Okay fair point but "Double zero / 00" should not be a size in any system.

Except in roulette because hahahaha gently caress the binary and your money.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Or xxl

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

after xl they should just hand out bed sheets that say fat on them

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Except in roulette because hahahaha gently caress the binary and your money.

shot size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Double-Plus Lardge

• Locked thread