Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

da share z0me needs its own loving thread

There was this really good one today about him being against the world and not thinking it through that I would link if I knew how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

So what wikipedia article did you rip that from? What hosed up organism actually reproduces like that?

Some fungus or another

If you are curious, look up "zombie ants" or "zombie fungus" or something to that accord because it is impossible not to bring pop culture into everything

Case in point: minion wedding

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

me irl

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I can't imagine what it must be like for bacon to be a "thing" for you

Gotta find the best bacon. But what's the best oil to fry it in? Which pan? How long? I must bacon the best bacon ever. I must be one with the bacon

It's like the loving oatmeal guy made liking bacon a meme

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

CheesyDog posted:

Dude what the hell are you doing to bacon

I dunno man I jus wrote the first thing that cane to mind

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't have to be spousal abuse in the physical sense, or abusive couples at all. In pretty much every context you can think of the phrase comes across as something an extremely horrid person would say to encourage enablement of their bullshit.

Example: guy shooting up heroin in front of his family, responding with that as soon as he is confronted about what pattern he is setting for his kids there.

Example 2: impulsive buyer maxes out credit cards.

Example 3: gambler puts the house title on the table

Etc

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Actually on second thought it's legit the best way you can describe wether someone should be a parent or not: if you can't handle the baby at it's worst, you probably don't deserve it at it's best.

Thing is that was said by a woman while in her thirties (?) and is reposted endlessly by people in their 20s like those are words to live by

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
When I saw the image I though of that scene on the very first episode of twin peaks with the guy using a soap bar and a sock on his wife.

I can't hear the phrase anymore without thinking about that scene

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Non Serviam posted:

Not Facebook but Instagram.

Just like Marilyn Monroe quotes are a shortcut to know a girl is an idiot, Tony Montana references are a shortcut to know a guy is an idiotic douchebag.

As far as I recall, I think it was in the mid-00's that Tony Montana became a "cool" guy, as opposed to the utter hosed up trainwreck that the movie actually paints him as. I wonder if these people watch Breaking Bad and think "WOAH! Walter White was really cool and made amazing choices!!!!!"

In my experience, anybody sharing any materialistic "success" quotes is poo poo. They're also never successful, and they just define themselves as "entrepreneurs," without actually having done anything.

Reminds me if that instagram featuring "rich" "successful" people "hustling".

Because if there's anything that encapsulates 90's black anti establishment culture its instagrams targeted at business majors at ivy league universities

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

safetyStanddown posted:

How do you think they expect other people to react to this sort of thing?
I ask because I'm at a loss, I can't imagine why someone would post this unless they deliberately want to alienate other people.

They won't.

Because they realize that he hasn't realised that they too think about this things, except they aren't infatuated with their first grader's understanding of philosophy and cultural relations.

So while he is operating on the "man jocks sure are dumb right guys?" mindset from a coming of age film, they are just going about their own daily lives like normal people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

I think it's the belief that peoples qualities operate on a zero sum so if you're terrible in one aspect you must be AMAZING in another.

The RPG mentality

• Locked thread