Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

What is this vacation joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

^^^ Game of Thrones agreement, loving lol. Who is Regi and who is Riot in this scenario?

Replay presented by Acer, Riot has finally finished Marketing 101, "Copying Existing Financial Successes"

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Comin' from the school of the hard nox
We will not
Let outsiders violate our blocks

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

That ADC CS differential lol

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

If ANX's jungler had a less-dumb name, he'd probably be invited to an NA team

Edit: Lou, do you work for Riot? I didn't realize you had an income stream other than affiliate links in Coupons and Deals :D

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I like Worlds because you get bans of bizarro pocket picks and I think variety is neat.

Stop arguing about CLG.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Can someone tell bowtie Aussie caster that your jacket isn't supposed to button at nipple level

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Wol posted:

Kobe mangled a word and said an R instead of an L

Wut

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Can someone ask Monte how much Krepo gets paid so we can kickstart about 120% of that and give it to an EU team to hire him as a coach so he doesn't cast anymore?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Wait who is actually favored to win this, I see "Samsung" and assume their opponent will lose.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is LS the guy who calls mouse clicks "direct inputs" because if he is, loving lol no way am I watching stream 2.

Also looks like Gerard Way lol

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I've only played ARAM for basically all of 2016 so I don't bother to read patch notes anymore, why did Syndra get popular again?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Feeder biofrost and a weirdo neckbeard bro with a tsm sign

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Jenny Angel posted:

I feel like I'd have a problem with you making this exact same post over and over again if the rest of the thread wasn't so drat dedicated to setting it up

This is pretty true, other than libertine, sexpansion, and maybe rabidsquid trying to effortpost, everything here is just facilitating Kevin's bizarro comedy and it's great.

Edit: I want Splyce to lose but only so Yamato can join the analyst desk

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Chawy should go back to shiv critplank mid, that was his raison d'être

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Trick2g sure has come a long way

...or has he

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Dear C9,

Drop Meteos, draft Revolta.

TIA,

Me

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

I don't understand giving up Nidalee in this meta.

Or, like, any time in the last 18 months. gently caress Nidalee.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I just realized that banme is using the SKT1 Ryze skin lol

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I assume that TSM is saving strats for later stages that have Dlift on not-Jhin, and they're sandbagging a little bit in these games.

Hopefully.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

What a rumble ult, goddamn

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Are we going to see another goddamn frosty fist ez?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Switching over to playercam stream because Krepo is tilting me pretty hard.

I never hated him until I read all of the criticism in this thread and my eyes were opened.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Who is the third caster with Zirene and Kiwi?

And when are they gonna get the Twitch Special of Dominate, QTpie, Kiwikid to cast a game?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Max Coveri posted:

Add Dyrus for the fatal four-way

That would be excellent, and if you added Scarra to the roundtable you'd have the most entertaining stream

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Oh Christ CLG vs ROX up next. Please tell me ROX will end it in 25 minutes and I can go to bed.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Zoidomania posted:

Honest question, why do you guys dislike CLG so much? My guess is that you guys don't like them because of Hotshot. However, I don't know all that much about Hotshots transgressions. So, do any of you mind fleshing it out for me?

I love CLG because of my boy Aphromoo, but they have a hilarious habit of firing the wrong people to fix problems (pobelter) and being generally incompetent. They're also incredibly meta dependent due to Darshan's champion pool.

People also used to hate on Xmithie because a) dumb name and b) the guy used to miss point blank Sejuani ults like he was being paid by the other team. He seems to have gotten significantly better though?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I love CLG but I won't be surprised at all if they lose this game.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Servaetes posted:

GET hosed NOBODY SURPRISES STAR DRAGON

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I would probably pay a Riot employee at least $100 to shove Jatt into a locker

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

If we get to see some older junglers come in that would own. Gimme some Diana and Evelyn and Fiddlesticks and Ammumu and Nautilus and goofball poo poo like Twitch awwww yeah.

Also bring back Diamondprox and jungle Nasus TIA

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

how was it? i used to be super into atmosphere

This is my question too

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Meteos should just become a full time WoW streamer so he can live his personal dream of dank memes and forever PvE

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Peanut should have given Stejos his jacket.

Or summoner name.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Can someone post, maybe with spoiler tags, the games that have been played tonight and the outcomes? I've been on a plane since they started.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

If you can't watch a night's matches don't read the thread. Go watch spoiler free on lol event vods or something, there's plenty of resources out there to facilitate this. Not reasonable to come to a GDT during worlds and expect spoiler free discussion.

You definitely misunderstood my post, maybe chill out a bit there

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Does anyone else play brand support at a high enough level that a team can practice against it, or is it going to be a ban for every ANX game as long as they're in the tourney?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I'd really like to see a longform piece in a few weeks that delves into TSM and Worlds this year, going over the expectations going in and what what "wrong". If it had both in-depth interviews with team analysts so that we got a real sense of what was happening in scrims on top of player statements, that'd be cool.

Basically a written 30 for 30 about this year's rise and fall of TSM.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Is a best of one group stage a good format to start worlds with?

This is an honest question, I don't know the answer.

I lean towards yes, it's very exciting, it gets group stage out of the way without a billion games, but it may not be optimal in determining which teams are actually the best.

Although if you look at who got out of groups, it does look like a majority of the teams people thought were "good" got out.

Probably not, but increasing the number of games two two or three per team matchup would force you to really spread out the number of days games are played, as well as send those venue costs sky high.

Considering League's live viewers are all around the world, I understand why they try to cram most of the games within what's basically the global weekend, and changing up the format would require either a six to eight week group stage or just games every day whose times would only work for one or two regions.

Some cheese slips through, usually it doesn't. Logistically, it would be kind of a nightmare. With NBA team owners entering the scene though, there'll be some experience with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Police? Yes hello, I have found the clowns that have been threatening children on the east coast, they're currently in Chicago

Lolololol fuuuuuuuck

• Locked thread