Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
please change the channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Wol posted:

*Rivington pulls an American flag from his throat, hand by hand, while Phreak makes puns to passive-aggressively insult him*

thank god its NA

If only the pre-game show was that entertaining.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I feel bad for Pob, all he wants to do is play on a team with some CC and front liners

edit: while i am glad that C9 went to worlds because they have looked really good, I still wish IMT had gone in CLGs place, even if they both look like poo poo compared to TSM/C9.

Agreed. 2nd and 3rd place should be decided in the gauntlet.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
There was a time when Locodoco called him one of the best top laners on the planet.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I'm looking forward to C9 pulling their usual trick of building high expectations with some impressive wins and then loving up so hard you can see the tears on lemon's notebook from space.

It's not that they hosed up, it's that they had no depth to their champion pool except on Sneaky and Jensen so they put all their effort into practicing the one comp they could play well. Once the other teams adapted to that comp they were finished. The current C9 doesn't have the problem except maybe on Meteos?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Why are folks rating FW so high in their group?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Monte should have garnered support from other casters before taking it to social media. Instead he went off half cocked and support from the community is tepid or non-existent.

Regi played Riot like a fiddle and you have people treating a high-level dispute between managers over how much of a controlling share they get like it's some kind of Glorious eSports Workers Revolution.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Epicskillshot is streaming S1 Worlds and having never played or watched competitive back then it's pretty great. Doublelift is a support, I can only recognise about half the champs from thumbnails, and TheRainMan is playing Teemo for TSM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqWLomZoKOk

"Carried by TheRainMan." :allears:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

So basically dardoch as a rookie was a piece of poo poo to the coach which caused liquid to get rid of their best player [Dardoch]

is this what you meant

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I think improving the jungle position by +100 DPM was worth reducing the ADC role by -400 DPM, thats a trade you take every time when you're liquid stebe

Then you top it off by dropping the jungler in exchange for +/- 0 Locodocos

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

The Mash posted:

Add in Quickshot and a live grenade and I'm right there with you

How about a bomb that's rigged to explode if there's more than 1 second of dead air.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

I'm pretty sure someone from...I want say to CLG but I don't remember (not a player or owner at any rate) made some kind of comment about "the silverback patriarch is angry" or something to that effect aimed at Regi.

That was a random person on twitter who put CLG in front of their name.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
C9's performance comes down to how well Meteos does which sucks for them because he peaked like 2 years ago and doesn't appear to have any desire to improve.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
For C9 to have any hope at worlds Smoothie must take on the mantle of Hai Hai Lam and spend every second post-laning phase telling Meteos where to go and what not to do. Jensen needs to do the same except during the laning phase. Impact solo kills everyone and Sneaky welcome to my butthole weaboo bitch cummies jerk off in the bush.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Those C9 comms are embarrassing. So much useless chatter on a team with a top laner who doesn't speak english well. It wouldn't surprise me if Impact's communication problems are due in part to him tuning out the bullshit. Meteos sounds like he's 12.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Official statement from C9 SneakyCastrOooOo: On September 19th, at approximately 4:20 pm a hacker penetrated our butt holes, stole our dank meme stash and gave us all AIDS.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It says a lot about NA that a team that has a jungler who retired because he doesn't like being stressed out by serious games and a bunch of memers who clog up comms is top three like what, four years running? TSM needs to sell whatever secret method they used to get a good local player like biofrost to the other orgs and rescue NA.

E: also when they didn't have Meteos they had hai "please let me retire I beg you" lam in jungle

Remember when Link had to sub for Hai and he said it was odd playing with C9 because no one talked? It wasn't always like this!

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Signaling to your team mates that an ability will be ready in 5 seconds is effective use of comms. It's everything else that's the problem. I mean I guess you could say CUM SHOT is indicative of a distinct lack of esports professionalism but it's really a minor thing.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I wonder if team management has ever tried getting the parents involved for younger gently caress ups like Dardoch.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
PEAK Voyboy
PEAK IWDominate
PEAK scarra
PEAK Imaqtpie
PEAK LOCUST

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
i thought this was a discussion about players that owned

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
What other revenue streams do they have from pro league?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I think 50% of skin sales is fair for a company that puts as much work into the production of its professional events as Riot does.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
y'all need to chill back, play alistair support or something

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

ill never forget the day my boy dude7597 got scooped by a yog run on a masster protal ffrunm assld prrfw

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Well, Qtpie did also apparently ask for some apology Taco Bell.

That seems like fair compensation for leaking the ultimate cheese strat roaming taric support which a team like CLG EU which was legendary for stalling out games could never have adapted to.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

he forgot to say yeah

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
This is nearly the worst casting trio possible.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I wish this LPL caster would really stop to explore the space of JUST. HOW. DISCIPLINED. RNG is being.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Has someone called to check on Keven?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

stump collector posted:

never expect c9 to do anything good

and you will be rewarded

edit: I think C9 will do well against FW. Their top and bot lanes both look composed against SKT. Meteos didn't play bad; his midlaner fed and his side lanes were pushed out most of the time. C9 is good, Jensen just needs to put a lid on the poo poo talking for the rest of Worlds.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 1, 2016

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

OH MY loving GOD I JUST REALIZED THEY COULD HAVE TOLD METEOS THAT HE WAS PLAYING THE FLASH WOLVES AND MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE GANKED

This makes it all worth it.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Froskurin is Jatt levels of mediocrity with a questionable sense of humor. If she were a man she would never stop getting poo poo for her Tristana comment. People would say all manner of horrible things about her like they do Jatt/Riv/Chinstrap/Qumshot and no one would bat an eye. On the other hand Twitch and Reddit are more than willing to compensate for this with an endless stream of misogynistic bullshit so I'm glad she's casting and I hope Riot brings her back for future events.

Deft.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

in what universe do you live in that people don't constantly still talk about the Tristana comment. someone posted about it in this thread in the past week

I admit I did not see this one post.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

YancyQ posted:

The player stream with Kiwi has been excellent so far.

:agreed: It makes the regular caster stream completely redundant.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
MOSCOW FIVE, RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Aphromoo: hey mata what's good?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
ASol is great for Huhi because it has the kit to make big strategic plays without requiring god tier mechanics to execute.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
LS: If Maple is Vegeta Saga Goku Kaoken x2 then Faker is SSJ GOTRUNKS NARUTO x4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
flash wolves more like flash wimps

• Locked thread