Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Okay this game is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Shadow225 posted:

Crazy weekend that NA LCS is the sixth largest channel.

People get in-game items from watching the CS major (plus Team Liquid is in the semis right now), so it attracts a lot of viewers.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

God drat CLG is terrible

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

The lolesports site isn't working for me. What teams has P1 beaten in the past few weeks?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Lovechop posted:

where are the ppl who argued w me last year tht gbm (and easyhoon, rip lol) were top 3-5 mids world. show yourselves

https://youtu.be/hJ5ZSyYf98s

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Should be a fun pick comp from Samsung!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Reignover is pretty much the catalyst to everything Immortal does, so it's cool to see a stream focusing on him.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I miss watching SKT play Lulu/Lucian comps :(

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Pretty sure I've seen better wave management from random solo queue shitters on qtpie's stream. OG blows.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Not that S04 is doing anything with their lead either.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

RIP champion diversity :rip:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Is fnatic usually this bad?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Splyce suddenly becoming good just proves that YamatoCannon is the greatest League of Legends coach of all time.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

why is this match still going

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

What the gently caress, Morde jungle????

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

And IMT with a lovely glass cannon comp again. I wish this team had a real coach.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Oh wow IMT can't do anything in post 20 minute team fights, who could've predicted this.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

When can we see the anti lane swap patch in competitive play?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Didn't see the game yesterday, but :laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebUqJNVPtU&t=38s

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I've only seen a few EU LCS games this season, so I don't really know how badly they've played as a whole, but perhaps the community overrated Deilor a bit due to Huni/Reignover boosting them last season.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Kashuno posted:

this is probably true. It's hard to imagine there will ever be a player on the tier of faker, even if he has started to really show his age this split in particular.

Show his age? Lol, the guy is like 20

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Doesn't hurt that Rush is also really entertaining.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Radical posted:

theres been a lot of discussion on reddit about franchising LCS and despite literally thousands of posts on the topic i havent seen a single good one yet which i think is pretty impressive personally

Monte did a pretty good video about it earlier today. The TL;DR is that what the LCS owners mean by "franchising" is removing relegations, not receiving equity or some other kind of revenue sharing by Riot. Due to the relegation system, potential investors are really cautious about investing into league, since if your team ever gets relegated, you're donezo.

Smol fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 9, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Reality doesn't really back this idea up unless the reports of LCS spots in previous splits selling for $1 million are way off or investors have wisened up to the idea that maybe they shouldn't pay tons of money for the Cloud 9 retirement home team.

The expenses of running an LCS-caliber team are in the $1M yearly range. If you happen to drop to challenger, you lose your sponsors (i.e. all your income) and have to operate a machine that loses you about $100k per month. Not a lot of organizations have these kinds of rainy day funds, even if they have a decent shot of requalifying in 3-6 months.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Libertine posted:

I'm watching DOTA 2 TI casually over the last week. Every year I watch a bit of it and the format of that tournament is a better format than anything Riot has put together. Two groups of 8 is much better than Four groups of 4 because it prevents an unbalanced group stage with stacking in either category. Then the double elimination tournament is really exciting because it compensates for anyone getting a bad first round draw with a chance to rally in the second phase. I wish Riot just took the entire TI format and copy pasted it over the existing Worlds format.

I bet their excuse is that double elimination format would be too confusing for the viewers. That's the excuse you always hear.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Been far too busy with moving this week, but hopefully I can find some time to watch the LCK playoffs soon :(

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Will GBM become Ambition or Score? Will be interesting to find out. If anything though, good junglers are rarer than most other roles, so if all goes well, he could be joining a real top team in the future.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

SKT playoffs buff anyone? :v:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Isn't KT's a comp a bit too light on magic damage? Seems very risky to me.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

:siren: Faker on Kassadin :siren:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

KT reverse sweeping SKT, now that would be a storyline.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Who's the new NA LCS analyst with not a lot of hair and glasses. I wish I was listening to him instead of Rivington. :(

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Sophian posted:

Uh.... Dyrus? You talking about the dude on the left in NA stream2?

Lol no. He's a color caster that started somewhere during this year. Can't remember the name though.

Edit: Google tells me that he's called Azael.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Hahahaha this is peak NA LCS

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

The difference in balance philosophy between DOTA and Riot are "We want everything to be viable so we buff things as a counter to strong champions" versus "gently caress this champion we're nerfing it four patches in a row until people stop playing it"
The actual difference is the ban/pick system and the fact that dota balances only for pro play. They don't give a poo poo if a hero is OP in soloq.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Seems like the anti-laneswap meta has killed the game altogether.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

An actual good esports article: http://www.thescoreesports.com/lol/news/9692

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

At least we have good casters today.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

TL is subbing in who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Trolling in twitch chat is one of my guilty pleasures in life.

• Locked thread