Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Looking forward to seeing Phoenix1 lose to mid-tier teams but inexplicably take games off the top two teams for their few wins in LCS as per NA LCS tradition.

Also Stixxay really impressed me in the MSI this year so I hope to see good things from CLG this split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
why are there two separate twitch channels for NA LCS

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Asema posted:

because they run 2 games at the same time, there is supposed another game on nalcs2 but immortals just stomped p1 real bad and the clg vs apex game was years long

argh i hate sifting through VODS.

guess i can skip the matchups that will probably suck to watch

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
i haven't been watching LCS the past month or so, why is Karma a 20% ban? is her Mantra E considered that good?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
why the gently caress would you give up the third infernal drake to a team with zilean on it. it's like you're asking to get gibbed over and over by the double bomb

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
lots of power picks this game so far in champ select

edit: UNBENCH THE KENCH

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
gotta love malzahar floating around like a useless turd in a toilet when his team takes hits for nearly 8 seconds

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
balancing for low elo solo queue is a bad idea because the players there will always play their champions in the least efficient or reasonable manner possible. you can never tell who will win based on comp because all the builds, runes, and skill orders are stupidly bad

How Rude fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 22, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
This isn't hard for Riot to immediately fix. The company makes way more than enough revenue to compensate their insanely lucrative marketing opportunities with the LCS. If Riot doesn't change soon everyone is going to pull out of League for Esports and move on to other things.

Hell, like multiple people have said just allowing sponsorship on the LCS stage would earn teams a lot more revenue. If they really wanted to be like a real sports league they would have sponsored moments all the time, like Football and Baseball.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah except Riot has the ultimate bargaining chip in their hand: they can go "nah, get outta here" and ban all 3 orgs from the lcs. doing so would mean nuking an unbelievably large chunk of their player base away from the game but if it came to it it would be the ultimate nail in the coffin for Riot, so its something I can absolutely see happening and I doubt any of the orgs want it to happen because it would mean that ultimately their LoL teams would be meaningless so they would likely release them after giving them some post-nuke guidance and most of these orgs are player first so I doubt they would risk pushing Riot to the absolute breaking point and instead are content with keeping things the way they are. very unfortunate but its why I imagine all this stuff seems to be so stagnant

from a business standpoint this would be the same as intentionally going bankrupt, which is insane. doing such a thing would be shooting the goose laying the golden eggs.

there really needs to be a players' and teams union and the players need to go on strike if Riot is unwilling to improve conditions for them.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

iSurrender posted:

Sorry, maybe we should go back to qualityposting like wondering if the CEO of a billion dollar company is gonna step down over petty internet drama.

this is not petty internet drama when we are talking about full time players being unable to support themselves financially and five dudes sleeping in one room because the stipend riot provides covers peanuts, this is a basic human rights issue

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
meteos just repeatedly hosed everything up this game, he needs to untilt himself if C9 has any hope of winning the next game

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
im going to say i hate Phreak much more than Riv. something about Phreak's smug loving face makes me want to piledrive it off the caster's desk. also his lovely pun gimmick is old and terrible and needs to die, it's entirely unprofessional for him to keep it up unceasingly. at least Riv isn't intentionally terrible like Phreak

he also seems to be Riot's personal lapdog so the masturbatory streams he has occasionally really annoy me

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

mistaya posted:

I prefer it when they talk about LEAGUE, over random tangents, but I don't like the fake "OMG THEY ARE STILL IN THIS" when they're 10k down and the enemy team is running down mid with Baron and Elder Dragon.

yes at this point saying that kind of poo poo is basically dead air and the casters commentating on anything else would make the game much more enjoyable.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I believe in TSM and my pick em reflects that

all the doubters will be defeated this worlds i feel it

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

look again they are switched i initially accidentally put samsung at the top and fixed it earlier today

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Why are all the pros building Rylai's on Ori after getting the Morellonomicon? I feel like her shockwaves are wet-fart levels of damage if you don't get the Deathcap or Void Staff straight away midgame so why even bother taking her.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

Rylai's is obviously one of the strongest items in the game. In response to that fact, allow me to play Orianna, a champion who has literally zero synergy with the item, and requires a build from two seasons ago that has been made vastly less economical in order to function, and then I will lose the game.

Orianna has big ratios and getting the Not Items That Increase Your Ratios is a bad idea on a champion who lives or dies on deleting an AoE of dudes with huge damage mid-lategame, on top of being a champion that already has a strong AoE slow on a 7 second cooldown

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

My post wasn't arguing with you, my post was why would you pick a champion that needs Deathcap to be successful.

i know, i was continuing the line of conversation. I have no idea but even if you do take her you should be building not like an idiot in the first place.

edit: Triforce does much more damage than Iceborn on account of it providing 100% more base damage on the sheen proc, attack damage, and a shitload of attack speed, all good things a champion in a role for doing damage want. the damage from iceborn just isn't cutting it anymore after repeated nerfs from patches ago

How Rude fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 4, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Support damage Zyra owns the loving poo poo out of low budget poo poo Karma

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It's not just that, there's an insane combo with the teamcomp of Make It Rain -> Ashe Arrow -> MF Ult + Rumble ult to just outright delete someone or wreck SKT as a whole

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
i hate jhin so loving much

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I don't get why Miss Fortune didn't crop up as a viable ADC pick in worlds (support Fortune does not count of course). what with all the constant Orianna picks you'd think they'd play it. The sheer instant damage that Miss Fortune could pull this season on just the first few hits of Bullet Time was absurd and I'm disappointed in the teams for staying on their lukewarm comfort picks

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Gorilla deserves the support role for destroying two games as Miss Fortune and then drawing a MF ban on the third

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
they shoulda played blitzcrank into Zyra and just hooked her into multiple kills then

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Karma mid is absurdly strong in solo queue where teams struggle to deal with random AoE bursts that may chunk off 80% of their hp because they built no MR items. The problem I had with the Karma mids in worlds was them throwing money down on a loving Ardent goddamn Censer as the midlaner instead of buying a Deathcap and chunking the enemies out with well aimed R Qs when they weren't doing anything particularly useful.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Camille can deal over 700 true damage in the 2nd Q in her combo lategame so she never stops being stupid as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If Riot isn't willing to nerf Armor/HP itemization then they absolutely need to buff ADC itemization wrt dealing damage to tanks. Last Whisper should just do total armor again so that you can sit on the 1300g like you used to if a tank became a large threat. If Assassins and melee carries abuse it make it ranged only, its not hard.

• Locked thread