Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

henkman posted:

gnar..

congratulations to FNC on their win

Odo is really good on Gnar, I think he has a fair chance here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

freeze draven is the good poo poo

You know Fnatic will always pick a passive bot lane. You gotta just pick something manly as gently caress and just go hard in the motherfucking paint on them.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I like ER MF. I don't like his skill order tho

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

E max ER MF is fine because he knows OG are just trying to split push and make it rain will stall out their tower takes while steve looks for cool armor to wear

Oh yeah this game is boring as hell but I just now realized Origen picked all three AD laners. Sweet, good job guys, you will never kill Poppy anytime this century.

Soaz on Olaf, PoE on Zed, and Peke on Sivir is like the least intimidating trio I've ever thought about.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

My cat is really entertained by the poo poo flying around in this game so at least somebody's happy.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Origen with a whole bunch of dumb loving everything there. I hope they lose.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

That was a regrettably unthrowable lead

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

As a support player I find it kind of strange how Nami has returned to the opinion of pros as one of the best general ranged utility supports but the reason she fell out of the meta a long time ago originally was because of insane mobility creep made it almost impossible for her to land bubbles and setup plays. Who does Nami bubble on this NRG team? They have a ton of highly mobile targets, escapes, stealth, etc. Also she's not durable at all, she's worse on disengage than Braum, Janna, etc.

I just hate seeing this generic Sivir / Nami lane over and over from several teams, and I don't think they actually have good synergy, Nami is much better buffing up a lane bully than a utility carry.

Also 6.11 Ryze picks is just :riot:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Wait is Ryze really 100% pick/ban on this patch in competitive? That's honestly insane. He lost so much loving damage from the 6.11 nerfs.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Ray owned. I wish for dragons the same one couldn't spawn twice.

What's up with the esports wiki site was there another split or something with site ownership like the old leaguepedia one?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

That explains why ESP has been so infrequently updated in the last week. I'll update the op.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

#FreeRush man gently caress Cloud 9

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

steakmancer posted:

Monte actually said he hasn't played a game of League in a year and a half

Maybe he's smarter than all of us actually.

Tales of Woe posted:

quas was one of my favorite players before and it's painful to watch him now, he's either not comfortable on maokai or he's just not all there anymore

Quas just wants to smoke trees everyday he RP's as Maokai it was in his contract it's the only thing he will play.

---

I'm not sure why anyone gets Swain on this patch. I would ban that every game. It's so insanely game warping.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

Even huhi can play it

The true barometer of how OP a mid laner is.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Schiavona posted:

Vayne and Ziggs, what the gently caress what year is it where am I

Koreans have played Vayne into Sivir for a long time. At their current balance states I don't really know why it works or makes sense, but I think it's a decent pick. Ohq is almost always worth putting on a late game hyper carry as well, those are his signature champions.

Shadow225 posted:

There are so many cool teams in NA this split.

I feel like aside from Phoenix1 which is a dumpster fire, all 9 other teams are competitive with each other which is cool.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

"Ah poo poo guys I'm on Karma I shouldn't engage a fight 1v5 in melee range." - Tha Kid

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

maokai is getting blasted in every game unless seraph the god is at the helm

People blind picking Maokai on 6.11 deserve to get pasted.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

what is up with the casters desk volume being so low

I ain't mad

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

How did CLG all the sudden just slam the door closed on that game? lol what a crazy loving game

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I did the LCK write-ups in the OP. rabidsquid I'm assigning you the LPL write-ups, have them on my desk by Monday. :boom:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Hypocrisy posted:

10 minutes in, Gate is level 3.

Looks like they are using him as a human ward.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Samsung and ROX have the same logo in the OP

Fixed it. Must have copy pasted some random poo poo when I wrote in the updates.

If you guys want them for any random bullshit here's all the logos I uploaded to one album for the OP:
http://imgur.com/a/03BF7

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I was busy all day yesterday, I saw TSM/Immortals though and that was a great series. Are any of the other Sunday series worth watching either for sheer excellence or profound comedy?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Holy gently caress Bunny and Sneaky took a fat poo poo on Stixxay/Aphro.

Why did they then sub Bunny out for game 2? LOL LIKE WHAT

Fuckin Cloud 9 man

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Any Corki picks on the last few patches only real justification would be "I was really high on the day of the match"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Wuxi posted:

This is OG we're talking about after all

The Box Score says:
DNP - Corki - Injury (Too many club drugs at the sex castle)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

It's hard to imagine anything dumber than botting as a pro player. Like even boosting I understand if you are trying to skim some big money from people under the table. Botting though? Jesus gently caress why?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Worlds should definitely have an increased prize pool or do like Valve and sell compendiums or esports icons or skins or something and donate those to the prize pool. The prize pool was insane back in like 2012/2013 but it looks paltry as gently caress now, especially considering the scope and success of both the game and the competitive scene.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Radical posted:

kinda wonder what league streaming looks like in 5 years after more famous players start to retire with the amount of people already streaming full time.

I think streaming is already on a huge decline. Twitch is turning into more of a broadcast platform for major events and I think individual streamers aside from the very tip-top most famous ones are not nearly having as good of a viewership as 2-3 years ago.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Wait you have to be a resident of a region for FOUR YEARS to not count as an import? Nevermind the fact that most pro careers aren't that long I guess.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Just make it so that no team can have more than two players from any region other than their home region, with no grandfathering or whatever.

If you want to have two Koreans in Mid and Jungle, a Chinese bot lane, and Fredy122, and you want to stick them all in a house in Las Vegas with Saintvicious coaching while they argue in three languages about who can obtain the highest calorie food the quickest in between scrims, you should be able to.

Plus that would have saved us from the atrocity of TSM Yellowstar last split.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

team dignitas academy

What did we learn at the Team Dignitas Academy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

What a Rookie mistake

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

It's all good, plenty of time

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'm ready to tackle some work spreadsheets instead of watching this poo poo, god drat.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

JAG/SKT Game 1 and Game 3 were two of the worst Faker games I've ever seen in my life. He cost his team badly at least 3 times in both games by going way loving ham with no information on enemy locations and getting pasted. Really uncharacteristic of him. JAG played great too. Was a fun series to watch.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I didn't expect to see a flawless strangling game of full tank Maokai in Summer 2016.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Kashuno posted:

The only uncharacteristic part of this statement is faker losing

edit: Christ Kkoma looks terrifying. https://clips.twitch.tv/lck1/LongNewtHumbleLife

They deserve to be chewed out IMO, they were so insanely undisciplined in this series it was like watching some god-tier mechanical players slum it with a bunch of rookie mistakes.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

There were a gently caress ton of games this weekend, my god. I just caught up with the NA LCS highlights. It really is the most competitive the region has ever been, the matches are higher quality than they've ever been as well. I feel like I've completely turned from an EU LCS fan to an NA LCS fan. European games have been really awful this split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Firebert posted:

I'm curious if Riot is going to nerf GA again. It's the defacto 3rd/4th item for top/jungle and more recently I've been seeing teams with 3 or more GAs.

I think it's a side effect of late game death timers being so punishing still. If you don't have GAs on your guys who are likely to get killed in a fight then if any of those guys make one mistake you will either get punished out of a game or if you lose multiples of those you will just lose the game full stop.

• Locked thread